Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Steve Perry, you gotta get the fuck out of here Pidgeon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Super smart? Super talented? You sound like a 10th grader who hates his parents and just heard Iowa for the first time.

Their guitarists are good and Joey's a decent drummer, but together they're not very good at all. Corey's NOT a good vocalist; his screams are absolutely awful anymore, and they weren't that good to begin with. And good lyrics? Are you serious? I wrote better lyrics when I was 14. Corey writes lyrics like he's a 13-year-old girl using LiveJournal for the first time.

I fail to understand how you can think more talented bands than Slipknot are worse than they are and how you can consider Slipknot to be "real" metal. Makes no sense.
    That's ridiculous. Vol. 3 is probably one of the best metal records of all time as far as lyrics go. Vol.3 and all hope is gone are lyrical masterpieces.

bread crumbs & white stones
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeon View Post
    That's ridiculous. Vol. 3 is probably one of the best metal records of all time as far as lyrics go. Vol.3 and all hope is gone are lyrical masterpieces.
    LOL.
    So... I'll keep searching for a place called home:
    I'll rip my roots from this earth into the unknown.
    Is it for the dreams I chased or the ones I caught?
    This mystery, this misery is killing me.
    So, now, I'll leave behind a murder scene.
    My life isn't real; it's just a silhouette—
    and, when the sun goes down, I won't exist.

To me, you're all the same. You're guilty.
    Let's remember how there's a rule about respecting each other's musical tastes...

bread crumbs & white stones
    My apologies.

Maybe one day I'll fly next to you. Filip's Avatar
    Lyrical masterpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarks View Post
    Lyrical masterpiece?
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Let's remember how there's a rule about respecting each other's musical tastes...

Steve Perry, you gotta get the fuck out of here Pidgeon's Avatar
    Lyrical masterpiece?
    Ok dude, instead of making a total assclown of yourself, give me something better. Make an actual point.

Banned
    Ok dude, instead of making a total assclown of yourself, give me something better. Make an actual point.
    ;o you're mad

Did somebody order some cheese? ChuckCheese's Avatar
    Can we just discuss the band and music? If you don't like them, feel free to say so and why and we'll all discuss. If you do like them, awesome, let's talk about it. No need for this thread to become full of attacks against each other for no good reason.
    Did somebody order some cheese?
    Charlotte, NC 8/08/07 Charlotte, NC 7/31/08 New York City, NY 2/04/11 Bristow, VA 8/10/12
    West Palm Beach, FL 8/08/14 Tampa, FL 8/09/14 Charlotte, NC 8/12/14 Bristow, VA 8/13/14
    Camden, NJ 8/15/14 Mansfield, MA 8/16/14 Holmdel, NJ 8/18/14 Wantagh, NY 8/19/14 Buffalo, NY 8/21/14
    Orlando, FL 1/15/15 Nashville, TN 1/17/15 Greensboro, NC 1/28/15

The next person to say anything disrespectful about anyone's taste in music or say anything that will purposely kick off an argument will recieve an infraction. You've all been warned so I suggest if you don't have anything to add to this thread relating to the topic then don't bother posting anything.

As for me, Slipknot are one of my favourite bands. Their live show is literally one of the most intense and amazing experiences you'll ever witness. Their dedication to the show is second to none and I don't think any other band out their puts anywhere near as much energy into their live act as they do.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... arbiter's Avatar
    Screaming is not my thing. I don't consider it an art form nor music. And they sound the same to me like a banshee about to die. I love melodic singing and enjoy the Slipknot songs where the vocalist actually uses his voice to sing. There is a quality in his voice that i like. As a drive-by listener, i have fun with them.

Maybe one day I'll fly next to you. Filip's Avatar
    I actually agree with whoever said: Guitar -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> End

They are a bunch of clowns! One of them actually dresses like a clown... I listened to like 10 songs by them and I hated every single one of them from the bottom of my heart.

I actually agree with whoever said: Guitar -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> End

They are a bunch of clowns! One of them actually dresses like a clown... I listened to like 10 songs by them and I hated every single one of them from the bottom of my heart.
    This made me laugh solely because yes, one of the members is actually a clown.

Hunter Eats Hunter emptyspaces0's Avatar
    Slipknot has been one of my favorite bands since "Iowa" came out and I was like 6! Besides that, they have some really good albums. "Slipknot", "Iowa", "Vol. 3", and "All Hope is Gone" are fucking kick ass! Joey Jordison makes me wanna quit drumming cause he's very talented. I'm definitely seeing them live sometime in the future.

It's pathetic seeing all this bashing of other people's musical opinions. If you don't like this band, great but if you have to make a smartass comment every post, you obviously are just making an ass out of yourself. Sorry if my grammer sucks.
    Last edited by emptyspaces0; 07-03-2012 at 05:25 PM.

I've seen your heart, and it is mine. Robert's Avatar
    I've felt the hate rise up in me, kneel down and clear the stone of leaves. I wander out where you can't see, inside my shell I wait and bleed.

^nothing wrong with that if you ask me.
    this is a trick

Slipknot is awesome. When I was like 14 I used to hate them even if I have never really listened to them. My best friend was a fan and I used to tell him "It's barbarian screamings, it's not music trololol". Then some years later I listened to it without any preconceived stereotyps. I'm a fan since then. The screamings associated with the instrumental give tat f*cking brutal feel, some might hate that, but for me it works perfectly.

But the dudes in the band arez sometimes weird. Like I remember reading something about Corey Taylor recording the last track on Iowa while being nacked, vomiting over himself, and doing other weird psycho stuff. I guess it was to be in the right mood....
    Last edited by Qwerty19; 07-04-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Trapped Inside This Octavarium Harlz's Avatar
    Corey Taylor is widely considered (see: 'widely', not 'unanimously' one of the best modern frontmen in rock/metal. Any suggestion that he can't sing/carry a melody/stay in key shows a pretty poor understanding of music. Dislike him, that's fine, but you cannot say he can't sing.

Also. Listen to Snuff and tell me he can't write lyrics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This opening riff makes me want to grow my hair out and cut the sleeves off my shirt

Up The Irons

Comin' at you from every side!!!! Arjun's Avatar
    great band they've got one of the best drummers(you know who he is). then on guitars they've got mick thompson and jim root(a deadly combo of guitarsts) ,corey(an awesome frontman)....and the clown....and still there are some members left

Banned

I said that.

Their live shows are the most energetic I have ever seen from any band. They're completely nuts, and it's damn impressive to watch them still lose their shit and bring it after over 13 years of doing it. They put on a damn good show, and I can't wait to see them on Mayhem Fest in a week.

Thread Information