Has anyone else noticed this?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lpxerotheoryfan, Jun 29, 2012.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

I was listening to Until It Breaks, and during the third verse (around 1:27) there was a high pitched guitar sound and I was like ...WHY DOES THAT SOUND SO FAMILIAR. Then later on I listened to Session, and heard the same sound but maybe in UTB it was changed up a bit. Does anyone else hear the similarities, or am I just crazy? :dafuq: Also, in the chorus of In My Remains, I hear a sample from By Myself, but it's very faint. It's best heard with head phones!

What's everyone think?

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

Idk about the UIB thing, but in IMR, the sample that's in the beginning definitely reminds me of that "eehhhhhh" sound in By Myself. I guess they were just trying to experiment with sounds and some of them may have been similar to HT, coincidentally or not. :p

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

DA ROOTZ

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I can't hear any of those... :(

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Will have to check this out later

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I was actually going to make a somewhat similar thread before LIVING THINGS was released, about "musical quoting." That is something I'd love to see Linkin Park do in a future album; it would be a nice bone to older fans and just a fun little thing to hear in new songs. Like for Alien Ant Farm fans, I'm sure the Never Meant reference in Consti2tion is an instantly recognizable example.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I definetely hear the sound in IMR don't have a clue ohat you're talking about in UIB though. I know there is a sound but I don't hear any similarities to Sesson AT ALL

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

It's the same band. They are going to have some elements in their songs that sound familiar. ;)

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

Also in victimized , during the rap , it sounds like the whistles from step up :p .

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I heard a whole new layer of synth on IMR the other day while listening on headphones that I missed on speakers and it blew my mind :lol:

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Those are Hahn's scratches. The "sped-up screeching" noise in the beginning of both songs being similar is what you're referring to.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

Of course :) Just wanted to point it out and see if anyone else heard! And no one else hears the UIB/Session thing? damn...I guess I must be crazy!

[video=youtube;WlxhYIyf5_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlxhYIyf5_w[/video] at 1:20 and continues til the end
    [video=youtube;yrs3YGgAqxQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrs3YGgAqxQ[/video] at 1:27 and continues til the verse ends.

D:

One More Rob

now I do hear it but I thing In UIB it is pitched down a bit (it's lower in that song)

Jack_Farrell

The one in Session is similar, a bit, but the one I instantly thought about the first time I heard Until It Breaks was the guitar in this:

[video=youtube;oPFrgMDKsnE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPFrgMDKsnE[/video], also, in the beginning of UIB too, when Mike goes into the like that little part, he does the same kind of scratches he did in Forgotten.

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

While we're on the topic of 'has anyone else noticed this' - does anyone else hear the slight 'click' error during the first line of the final chorus in I'LL BE GONE? It occurs at roughly 2:46 - like the audio slightly clips? I've checked the iTunes version, the physical album, the leak - it's there on all of them :(

I've only noticed it because I listen to the album with noise-cancelling headphones quite frequently at work. It's not as noticeable on bigger sound systems.

Jack_Farrell

Care to elaborate? I can't distinguish it. A particular moment/line?

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

It's just about as he says 'our' from 'when the lights go out and we open our eyes' - it's extremely, extremely faint... but I can still hear it :(

One More Rob

also with the "repeating" of sounds...they also used samples from "High Voltage" (the rerecorded version) in "Nobody's Listening" or used other samples on the Reanimation version of "Cure For The Itch" also is it just me or is the intro to Powerless just a fasterversion of the Intro of BITS

EDIT: while we're at it: in LITE there are certain words which are reepeated quietly in the right speaker

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Yeah I do hear it but it is definitely mixed waaay down in UIB.

Jack_Farrell

Powerless is Tinfoil, a demo from the A Thousand Suns sessions. The similar pianos can be attributed to that.