Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Can you do it like this? lpxerotheoryfan's Avatar

Has anyone else noticed this?

I was listening to Until It Breaks, and during the third verse (around 1:27) there was a high pitched guitar sound and I was like ...WHY DOES THAT SOUND SO FAMILIAR. Then later on I listened to Session, and heard the same sound but maybe in UTB it was changed up a bit. Does anyone else hear the similarities, or am I just crazy? Also, in the chorus of In My Remains, I hear a sample from By Myself, but it's very faint. It's best heard with head phones!

What's everyone think?

Idk about the UIB thing, but in IMR, the sample that's in the beginning definitely reminds me of that "eehhhhhh" sound in By Myself. I guess they were just trying to experiment with sounds and some of them may have been similar to HT, coincidentally or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CylockDNB View Post
    Idk about the UIB thing, but in IMR, the sample that's in the beginning definitely reminds me of that "eehhhhhh" sound in By Myself. I guess they were just trying to experiment with sounds and some of them may have been similar to HT, coincidentally or not.
    DA ROOTZ

When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind

i am made of magic and wires Filip's Avatar
    I can't hear any of those...

my presence is a present kiss my ass lepetitpote's Avatar
    Will have to check this out later

I was actually going to make a somewhat similar thread before LIVING THINGS was released, about "musical quoting." That is something I'd love to see Linkin Park do in a future album; it would be a nice bone to older fans and just a fun little thing to hear in new songs. Like for Alien Ant Farm fans, I'm sure the Never Meant reference in Consti2tion is an instantly recognizable example.

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    I definetely hear the sound in IMR don't have a clue ohat you're talking about in UIB though. I know there is a sound but I don't hear any similarities to Sesson AT ALL

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    It's the same band. They are going to have some elements in their songs that sound familiar.

Take it how you take it, I'm the opposite of vacancy

It's Like I'm Paranoid... alexbism's Avatar
    Also in victimized , during the rap , it sounds like the whistles from step up :p .

I heard a whole new layer of synth on IMR the other day while listening on headphones that I missed on speakers and it blew my mind
    [✔] Firing Squad

[] Line Up

Nish: I've seen enough Shoutbox to know where this is going

KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked Jack_Farrell's Avatar
    Those are Hahn's scratches. The "sped-up screeching" noise in the beginning of both songs being similar is what you're referring to.

Can you do it like this? lpxerotheoryfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    It's the same band. They are going to have some elements in their songs that sound familiar.
    Of course Just wanted to point it out and see if anyone else heard! And no one else hears the UIB/Session thing? damn...I guess I must be crazy!

at 1:20 and continues til the end
    at 1:27 and continues til the verse ends.

D:

now I do hear it but I thing In UIB it is pitched down a bit (it's lower in that song)

The one in Session is similar, a bit, but the one I instantly thought about the first time I heard Until It Breaks was the guitar in this:

, also, in the beginning of UIB too, when Mike goes into the like that little part, he does the same kind of scratches he did in Forgotten.

While we're on the topic of 'has anyone else noticed this' - does anyone else hear the slight 'click' error during the first line of the final chorus in I'LL BE GONE? It occurs at roughly 2:46 - like the audio slightly clips? I've checked the iTunes version, the physical album, the leak - it's there on all of them

I've only noticed it because I listen to the album with noise-cancelling headphones quite frequently at work. It's not as noticeable on bigger sound systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Narc85 View Post
    While we're on the topic of 'has anyone else noticed this' - does anyone else hear the slight 'click' error during the first line of the final chorus in I'LL BE GONE? It occurs at roughly 2:46 - like the audio slightly clips? I've checked the iTunes version, the physical album, the leak - it's there on all of them

I've only noticed it because I listen to the album with noise-cancelling headphones quite frequently at work. It's not as noticeable on bigger sound systems.
    Care to elaborate? I can't distinguish it. A particular moment/line?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Farrell View Post
    Care to elaborate? I can't distinguish it. A particular moment/line?
    It's just about as he says 'our' from 'when the lights go out and we open our eyes' - it's extremely, extremely faint... but I can still hear it

also with the "repeating" of sounds...they also used samples from "High Voltage" (the rerecorded version) in "Nobody's Listening" or used other samples on the Reanimation version of "Cure For The Itch" also is it just me or is the intro to Powerless just a fasterversion of the Intro of BITS

EDIT: while we're at it: in LITE there are certain words which are reepeated quietly in the right speaker
    Last edited by A_Thousand_fans; 06-30-2012 at 09:05 AM.

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Yeah I do hear it but it is definitely mixed waaay down in UIB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by A_Thousand_fans View Post
    also with the "repeating" of sounds...they also used samples from "High Voltage" (the rerecorded version) in "Nobody's Listening" or used other samples on the Reanimation version of "Cure For The Itch" also is it just me or is the intro to Powerless just a fasterversion of the Intro of BITS

EDIT: while we're at it: in LITE there are certain words which are reepeated quietly in the right speaker
    Powerless is Tinfoil, a demo from the A Thousand Suns sessions. The similar pianos can be attributed to that.

Thread Information