Site Slowdown and Shoutbox Lag Issues: Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Joe, Jun 28, 2012.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I've noticed a lot of users in the shoutbox mention site slowdown and lag issues with the site. Mostly where the shoutbox is concerned, i.e, posts not being submitted or being delayed etc. I personally don't have these issues and I've seen others mention they don't experience them either. Then again, the majority of you seem to experience these. I honestly have no idea what the problem is so if you can post in here with what errors you're experiencing on the site, at what time of day and your location it might help us get to the bottom of it. It's really frustrating to see and I hope we can resolve it soon. Post away.

Error: Mouse icon continues to load when everything has loaded on screen. No other site issues or slowdown etc.
    Time of Day: Random.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

June 27th 10pm BST and June 28th 7.30pm BST - The site was slow and at times completely unresponsive. Shoutbox wouldn't load at all. I could just about access the site through my phone but it was still very slow and lagging like hell.

Shouts disappear and then re-appear after a few minutes.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Error: Around 8:30 pm, forum wasn't loading. Main site (news page) was fine but the forums weren't loading for me. Before that, the forums slowed down (and lagged like hell). When I couldn't get on the forums anymore, it was off for me for about 30 minutes.

After I got back, shouts seemed to diseappear in the shoutbox. Some shouts even appeared out of nowhere. I'll explain it like this:

First I had these messages (1 being the most recent shout)

And then suddenly, another one appeared inbetween others:

Time of the day: I didn't experience any problems during the day but things went down around 8:30 pm.

I hope this helps.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Decay's 8.30pm time is the same time as I had those problems (7.30pm BST) and it also lasted about 30mins. The LPA Homepage worked fine for me, it was just the forums that had issues.

:shankyshank:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm assuming it was the same time as everyone else.

The site had trouble loading and the shoutbox was acting strangely. Shouts were disappearing and reappearing with considerable lag. At some points shouts I had posted were showing up absurdly out of order, with differences of over a minute from the original posting time compared to other shouts that were posting right away.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Same problems as everyone else: Shouts disappearing then reappearing, lots of lag on the forums and shoutbox, etc. It happens at the same time as everyone else.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I also, now that I think about it...have experienced my shouts appearing strangely out of order at random times as well.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

happens to me as well

but that may be my internet as well

calessi

calessi Beat My Drum

is the shoutbox not working today?