Is there any LP album you personally can stand fully behind?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CylockDNB, Jun 28, 2012.

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

In other words, is there a particular album by LP that you just believe to be perfect? One that you believe it truly is THE BEST contribution to the musical world LP could have possibly given. I know I'm on an LP forum and I'll get tons of replies saying "EVERY ALBUM IS THE BEST LP 4 LYFEE!!!" but c'mon guys, try to be a bit serious here. I'm interested in reading some more profound opinions. :)

To be completely honest, I don't believe I can stand fully behind any album from LP yet because I seem to still have a few gripes about each of them, but if I had to pick, I'd have to say Minutes To Midnight.

I personally think it showcases some of the bands bests talents and is the most diverse collection of songs they've put out yet. I find it a little disappointing that most critics say the album is laugh-worthy because I firmly believe it is the bands most solid piece of work to date. Also, it is the record where the band sounds its rawest, grittiest and most honest, of course all in my opinion.

What about you guys? :D

DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

A Thousand Suns is the only album that attempts to match their sonic prowess to a memorable subject. The rest is a sometimes-engaging, sometimes-frustrating mix of directionless aggression enlivened by undeniable technical skill.

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

A Thousand Suns

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

A Thousand Suns is the album that proved LP can do anything. But Hybrid Theory is still my favourite, and it's perfect.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

none. No LP album is perfect. In fact almost no album is perfect

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Mete-fuckin-ora

Truly magnificent album

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

I'm with Dementia on this one. I love all of them, some more, some less. And I have my favourites.. But I don't love every fucking song LP has done, everyone has flaws, LP is no exception. So yeah...

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

I don't know about contributions to the musical world as i really have not listened to every single album ever released in the entire world nor do i know of any one who has either. But i do know that i can stand fully behind A Thousand Suns, Living Things, Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight as albums that contributed heavily to my view of music and the experience and joy of music.

I don't really care about the "musical world" as that is a bullshit idea because it doesn't exist. There isn't any one person with any grasp of the entire music world because most people's musical world are constructed mostly of their own culture, language and sounds, barely venturing out past those borders. Music taste/world is ethnocentric to be honest including the making of music and the instruments used.

I consider an album a success when it pulls me in and make me fall in love with the creation of music and stirs something inside me. That is a contribution that i value.

And i don't believe there is such a thing as perfect. LP's album don't have to be perfect to contribute to my world. I have yet to find a perfect album. Perfection is an illusion.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Minutes to Midnight, probably.

ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

Minutes to Midnight without What I've Done.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Hybrid Theory

Ryan Newsome

Ryan Newsome Member

Minutes To Midnight.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Reanimation is the only LP release that disappointed me. I like how it doesn't count as a studio album :D

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This is pretty well put. LIVING THINGS is quickly finding it's way onto that list for me too. Anyways, great post. :chuck:

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I I were going to say my favorite album, it would be Hybrid Theory, definitely.

Now, if it's about the perfect album, none of them. Such thing as "perfect record" don't exist. Each one have it's high and low points.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

A Thousand Suns, despite a few flaws. It's their most ambitious and mature work til date.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Are you saying that you were listening to Linkin Park when you were 4? :sheldon:

Peeper

Peeper Well-Known Member

I'm totally with you on this, couldn't describe it better. You just got it. :thumbsup:

In general, none of their albums is perfect, but for me, their music influenced my perception of music, no matter which album it is.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Thread should have ended here.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Reanimation! Thread end!