Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60
  1. #41
    Ntr/Mssion
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hereford, England
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I'm going to go out there and say that Linkin Park is the only band that exists where I can take any one of their albums, put it on, listen to it from front to back, and enjoy every second that it is on... Even if I've heard the album a million times over. The older songs that some people find "cringe worthy" or "embarrassing" have evolved in my mind and became more than just songs. They are like old friends that you've shared memories with, both in happiness and in sadness. They are a good reflection and are still as enjoyable and relatable today as they were in over a decade of them existing. I don't care what that may make people label me as. I have such a strong connection with this band's music. I feel like it's become a part of me. Perhaps that's why the last line of Roads Untraveled cuts so close to me.

    "May your love never end and if you need a friend, there's a seat here alongside me."

    Me too, i tweeted during the listening party, the first time I heard this lyric I felt it was about the band and the LP family around that, I really stand behind this band 100%

    If i had to pick one album it would prob be A Thousand Suns. Because that's the most complete album, as in if you want to listen to an album all the way through rather than just a complete set of songs then the way it blends is amazing.

    I'm not a million percent sold on LIVING THINGS yet, it's the first album they have ever done that I think has perhaps a few weak tracks on it, but it is an extremely good album with some real gems in there!

  2. #42
    KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked Jack_Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    716
    I will stand behind ATS until the day I die.

  3. #43
    Ntr/Mssion brianlp01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Danbury, CT USA
    Posts
    85
    First of all what is a perfect album? I think we'd all have different opinions on that so could there even be a perfect album if everyone's idea of one is different?? Lol
    ATS is the only LP album I play front to back when I'm around my friends who love hip hop or dub step. When WTCFM and W&K come on there in aw. Robot Boy is a favorite among them to believe it or not. ATS isn't a Kid A or Dark Side of the Moon to the music industry in how it was a revolutionary album, but for LP themselves, it was. It was their masterpiece that proved to me they can do anything. What they need to accomplish next IMO is that revolutionary album like Kid A.

  4. #44
    Can you do it like this? lpxerotheoryfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    209
    Hybrid Theory FOR SURE!

    Something about that CD just pulls me in every time I hear it. I'm always blown away...Even after 12 years of listening to it nonstop.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by brianlp01 View Post
    ATS isn't a Kid A or Dark Side of the Moon to the music industry in how it was a revolutionary album, but for LP themselves, it was. It was their masterpiece that proved to me they can do anything. What they need to accomplish next IMO is that revolutionary album like Kid A.
    THIS x1000. What they need to do is make that groundbreaking, awe-inspiring record. I hope with all my heart that it is their next one.

  6. #46
    Muscle Museum travz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,688
    A great album SHOULD make you embarrassed to play in a room full of people, because a lot of people don't like music that isn't single material. A lot of people also don't like different or weird music. Or at least they won't be accustomed to it right away. I know I'd be embarrassed to all hell if I played NIN's "The Downward Spiral" or The Mars Volta's "Frances The Mute" in front of a group of people. It's absolutely brilliant song writing and musical composition, yet it's so different that I know that the majority of people there won't enjoy it and think I'm crazy for not playing Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift.

    A great album should be polarizing and make people think. I think A Thousand Suns comes closest to this, but I still wouldn't stand behind any LP album. The potential is there, they just haven't realized it yet.

  7. #47
    Don't be scared homie! theDUDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    A great album SHOULD make you embarrassed to play in a room full of people, because a lot of people don't like music that isn't single material. A lot of people also don't like different or weird music. Or at least they won't be accustomed to it right away. I know I'd be embarrassed to all hell if I played NIN's "The Downward Spiral" or The Mars Volta's "Frances The Mute" in front of a group of people. It's absolutely brilliant song writing and musical composition, yet it's so different that I know that the majority of people there won't enjoy it and think I'm crazy for not playing Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift.

    A great album should be polarizing and make people think. I think A Thousand Suns comes closest to this, but I still wouldn't stand behind any LP album. The potential is there, they just haven't realized it yet.
    First things first, The Mars Volta is awesome. Secondly, you better believe that no matter what I'm listening to, whether it be LP or Mark Lanegan, whoever is around me will hear it. Music to me, which ever genre it may be, is meant to be played loud so you can hear every detail of each and every song. So I guess I always play my music for a 'room full of people.'

    Anyways, I agree, music should make people think and people should look at you like 'what in the hell?'

    I know that was more rambling than a complete thought, but take from it what you will. Its 1am here, so I'll probably wake up and look at this and wonder 'what the hell did I write?'

  8. #48
    持ち上げて、解放して kazekyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21
    Add another vote for A Thousand Suns. While the initial impressions from critics and fans alike were "EWW NOO GIVE ME LP2000", my first reaction after listening to it front to back was, "YEP. I TOTALLY GET IT. LAWD ALMIGHTY. WOW."

    The fans and critics complained about the lack of ye-olde Linkin Park; they were there, just heavily disguised by the electronic sound walls of "When They Come For Me", "Wretches and Kings" & "Blackout". They complained about the lyrics; okay, so LP aren't the Shakespeares of music, but try telling me, "I'm swimming in the smoke, of bridges I have burnt. So don't apologise, I'm losing what I don't deserve..." isn't one heck of a line. And they complained about the lack of good old' decent, radio-tunes. Try telling that to "Waiting For The End" and "Iridescent".

    They did all this (for me), and it was all wrapped in a package of apocolyptic themes (as opposed to "woe-is-me", "I hate everything" mindsets of albums past), incredible landscapes of sound and DAT ALBUM ART.

    ATS is THE Linkin Park album I can really get behind.
    Lift me up, let me go.

  9. #49
    All we need is faith Suffered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by kazekyou View Post
    Add another vote for A Thousand Suns. While the initial impressions from critics and fans alike were "EWW NOO GIVE ME LP2000", my first reaction after listening to it front to back was, "YEP. I TOTALLY GET IT. LAWD ALMIGHTY. WOW."

    The fans and critics complained about the lack of ye-olde Linkin Park; they were there, just heavily disguised by the electronic sound walls of "When They Come For Me", "Wretches and Kings" & "Blackout". They complained about the lyrics; okay, so LP aren't the Shakespeares of music, but try telling me, "I'm swimming in the smoke, of bridges I have burnt. So don't apologise, I'm losing what I don't deserve..." isn't one heck of a line. And they complained about the lack of good old' decent, radio-tunes. Try telling that to "Waiting For The End" and "Iridescent".

    They did all this (for me), and it was all wrapped in a package of apocolyptic themes (as opposed to "woe-is-me", "I hate everything" mindsets of albums past), incredible landscapes of sound and DAT ALBUM ART.

    ATS is THE Linkin Park album I can really get behind.
    THIS 1000000000000X
    Check out my submission for LPA's Monthly Mix-Up October here.
    Check out my new song Adrenaline here!

  10. #50
    It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    162
    A Thousand Suns. I actually prefer LT to it but I have no (or would have no) qualms with playing ATS in front of my snobbier music friends just like I would have no problem playing Arcade Fire or Radiohead in front of them. It's LP's most ambitious album by far. I fully stand behind ATS despite knowing that it isn't a "perfect" album.

  11. #51
    I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    A great album SHOULD make you embarrassed to play in a room full of people
    No. Why should I be embarrassed of great music? If the people I'm with don't like it then that just means they have shitty taste. The fact that other people have bad taste in music isn't something I'm going to be ashamed of.
    Last edited by Xero21; 06-29-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    - Xero the twenty-first
    3/29/12 - Was the groom in the first ever LPA marriage!

    Formerly known as Xero21 Brandon.



    Quote Originally Posted by IISUPERXEROI View Post
    Mike is having the midlife crisis

  12. #52
    Extremely H! Vltg3 mastae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    california
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    No. Why should I be embarrassed of great music? If the people I'm with don't like it then that just means they have shitty taste. The fact that other people have bad taste in music isn't something I'm going to be ashamed of.
    Exactly. I play NIN stuff all the time and people (mainly girls) will tell me it's shit, and I'm like FUCK YOU THIS IS AMAZING and blast it louder.

    Whereas if I play What I've Done and someone is like "This is top 40 garbage," I'm usually like yeeeeehhhhhhhhhh...

    ...

  13. #53
    Ntr/Mssion
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    63
    I wouldn't give any LP albums 10/10, but Living Things and Reanimation are both very close.

  14. #54
    No control, no surprise.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    8,162
    A Thousand Suns without any doubt. I force-feed it to people when I drive them places (subtly, of course, not telling them what they're listening to) and most people have had it grow on them. It is the album that to me defines what Linkin Park could do when they effectively try to reach their creative potential. I love this album to death and I can stand fully behind it.

  15. #55
    Standing on the wall / Laughing at suns & guns Faint into Pieces's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    887
    Minutes To Midnight. It's by far the most underrated album Linkin Park has released.

    There's no need to stand behind A Thousand Suns and Living Things. Those albums are fully capable of speaking for themselves.
    "We are not satisfied. We are hungry. Hungry for the visceral. Cathartic. Inspired. Defiant. We are not heroes or anti-heroes. We carry the flag that is our own. Now is not the time to look back to see if anyone is following. Now is the time to charge forward into the unknown."

  16. #56
    DunkCity Blake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Faint into Pieces View Post
    Minutes To Midnight. It's by far the most underrated album Linkin Park has released.
    It's not my favorite but I agree it is LP's most underrated album
    2013 Concerts:
    February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
    April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
    June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
    September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
    December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

    2014 Concerts:
    February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
    September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
    September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    Formerly known as Bliss / Dementia

  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    142
    They're all flawed to some extent. But that's cool. Not everyone can be Bruce Springsteen and come straight out of the blocks with five great albums.

    Actually, Brooce had at least six or seven, come to think of it.
    Last edited by shinformant; 06-30-2012 at 04:45 PM.

  18. #58
    ...O... The Prisoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Fr
    Posts
    513
    ATS is the only LP album I can fully enjoy. I can really enjoy almost everything from Reanimation and 3/4 of LIVING THINGS. From MTM I stand asolutely behind the second half of the album. And HT was the album which got me into LP so I can enjoy it here and then but not always. On Meteora I really only like Breaking the Habit anymore. Faint is not that disturbing too.
    “We live in an age of reproduction. Most of what makes up our personal picture of the world we have never seen with our own eyes--or rather, we've seen it with our own eyes, but not on the spot: our knowledge comes to us from a distance, we are televiewers, telehearers, teleknowers.” (M.F.)

    formerly known as formerly known.

  19. #59
    >.<
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,408
    DEFINITELY MTM. I love absolutely everything about that album, I went through so many things in my life listening to that album, I even took a vacation to LA which is on the exact opposite of the US just to be able to step foot at the ''Houdini House'' that LP recorded this album at. This album helped me through my first real relationship, from the very beginning to the shitty end, it helped me through senior year of high school and graduating and growing up, it helped me with the death of my grandfather who was like my own father to me, it helped me through so many things in my life. I love every single song on the album. What I love the most about the album is the ''organic'' feel to the songs, and I love the lyrics the most. I know Chester went through a lot during the making of this record, so maybe that is how I connect. Not sure, but it's definitely my favorite LP album and I fully stand behind it. I've also been an LP fan since 2000 and bought HT in 2000, and bought their records every time since 2000, so I'm not one of those people that got into LP during MTM. So there.

  20. #60
    Ntr/Mssion nscoope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SL, UT
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Farrell View Post
    I will stand behind ATS until the day I die.
    This. ATS is BY FAR Linkin Park's most ambitious and creative album. I remember listening to it the first time and just about every moment of every song was completely unexpected and I could not stop smiling the entire time the album was playing. I don't think LP has quite met their FULL potential yet, but ATS is as close as they have been to it and it will be very difficult for them to match it again. ATS for life!
    A Thousand Suns=Hybrid Theory > LIVING THINGS > Minutes to Midnight > Meteora

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •