Linkin Park Featured in Kerrang! Magazine Tomorrow - June 27th

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 26, 2012.

Tags:
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

It's not they're not completely sure the reason their last few efforts have tanked was because of a lack of "emotion", and not because they leaned on adult contemporary and synth so hard.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

This time it's emotional?

Did it never get emotional of their first four albums?

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Have a cookie and relax!

Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

Even though I hate KERRANG! I still find this interesting, but the cover haha.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

I'll try and get some decent scans up :)

Geki

Geki >.

I can't wait to read the article. Cool cover, but the ''emotional again'' thing is a bit cheesy.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Joe/JJ/Other UK LPA folk: Are you guys alright for getting scans up? I'll be picking up a copy for myself anyway sometime tomorrow morning, so you can give me a shout if you require back-up :p

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Edited that for you :lol:

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

I wont be able to get mine upped to the site until pretty late in the day, around 4pm GMT (work commitments and such) :mellow:

LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

How are LP getting emotional again? LP has always been emotional, and inner turmoil.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Half naked, hands behind head, mouth open. The "naked" TRUTH. I hate this cover :lol:

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

It's just a title dude - it makes a good headline or catch phrase to stick on the front of a magazine. Most of us could probably come up with similar Kerrang-worthy headlines for albums we haven't even heard yet. We could just imagine something that would make a suitable Kerrang-like title.

How about a new Foo Fighters album? *Picture of Dave Grohl screaming at the camera* "They're back. They're loud. They're Rock n' Roll. THEY'RE FOO FIGHTERS (and they're not sorry!)"

How about a new Marilyn Manson album? *Picture of Manson looking suitably moody and miserable* "The Anti-Christ Superstar on Love, Death, Rebirth, and his miserable new album"

How about an interview with Green Day? *Billy Joe looking suitably rock star* "Green Day: Life Inside The World's Biggest Rock Band"

Ok, so I made all of those up, but they feel like they could be Kerrang titles. Kerrang titles never really mean anything, they're just... words.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Can't wait to read it :)

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Speaking of, why all the Kerrang hate, anyway? While the actual quality of their material is sketchy at best, they've always been at the forefront of Linkin love, and considering the harsh reactions some of you guys have given to even candy coated criticisms of Living Things I'd imagine a lot of you would be psyched to see some good old fashioned flattery for Shinoda and co.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Sounds interesting!

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Does it mean Chester or the whole band will be featured naked in the magazine?:awesome: And i'll like to call bullshit on the whole "Can Linkin Park's new album Living Things get everyone back on their side?" :sleep:I was already on their side since the first time i saw them live and fell in love especially with the release of A Thousand Suns and now Living Things which is another home run for LP. :lol:

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

It's not like everyone left their side on the first place, some people left (mostly the people who, even 5 years later are still in denial) but I think they could gain the same amount -if not slightly more- than the people who "left", but a wide majority of us have stuck by them. I know it's just a headline but I wanted to give my opinion on it anyway.

I'd like to read this and see what is it all about, and, like someone said earlier, I don't think LIVING THINGS is the kind of record aimed to get anyone back, I mean, you could think so by listening to the first half of the record but then again it goes all edgy and different towards the end.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Aleast the tattoos help us with our counting. :p lol