New Linkin Park Album "LIVING THINGS" - OUT NOW

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 26, 2012.

Twisterness

Twisterness Wubwubwubwub

r/music isn't the best place to post Linkin Park stuff since the guys who post in that subreddit are more fond of indie music or a band like Foo Fighters or Tool

You're better off posting in r/linkinpark if you want upvotes

TheKillerBlue

TheKillerBlue "This Guy"

I'm bummed that I haven't received my physical CD or either my digital copy yet. At least I've already heard the album.

Private Donut

Private Donut Well-Known Member

Got the album early yesterday, also got a new car so you can only imagine how awesome this CD feels right now. I never have mentioned how I felt about the album yet since I did find the leaks. The first half attracts me more than the second half, and my favorite songs right now belong to Castle of Glass and Lost in the Echo. While I don't mind the latter tracks some of them are a little harder to get into. So when all is said and done I would give the album a solid 8 out of 10.

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

ahhhhh i got my copy (along with Offspring's new album too) during my lunch hour at work...it sounds fucking amazing in my car...this easily tops ATS in my opinion....this is the Linkin Park i know and im 100% satisfied!

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Glad you like it! The new Offspring album is awesome as well! Love them both!

maclieberman

but there are haters...SOME haters on Offspring's new album...some say its too "poppy".....but naw its back their old punk roots...."Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk)" is massively pop but i think thats the usual Offspring parody song like they have had in the past....these guys arent pop but it seems like they are making fun of todays pop music (watch the video) and if ur an avid Offspring fan, u watch the video, u MIGHT believe they arent serious lol...but kickass album...i bump to both already lol..Linkin Park and Offspring definetly both deliver!

Blake

Yeah the album is not pop besides cruisin california, but tbh that song is actually catchy. The only song that I don't really like that much is Days Go By. It's one of the weaker offspring songs to date in my opinion, and the worst on your album. Every other song I love a lot. I too have been bumping the offspring and Linkin Park a lot, although I bump Living Things way more.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Just bought the album.

Joe Hahn thanks hot sauce and Heidi. Gold.

With how simple of a release in terms of packaging and supplementary content, I have a slight suspicion the band will re-release LIVING THINGS, depending on how well sales go for the future.

StaticOnTheWay

StaticOnTheWay Makin' you all say "woah"

I actually disagree with you there. While LITE and COG are two of the better tracks on the album, I think the second half is better than the first just because the first half is more generic. BID, IMR, and IBG are all somewhat simple in comparison to the rest of the album (not necessarily bad, well except for IBG). Skin to Bone and Until It Breaks (which has grown on me quickly) are two of the more standout tracks for me along with Castle of Glass - it's hard to find other songs that sound similar to these three. That's why I think the second half is a little better.

Blake

Since I like every song on the album, I have to break this down. CoG and LITE are my top 2 from the album. LGM is my 4th favorite from the album. BID is my second lest favorite. On the other half, STB is my third favorite and Victimized, Ru, and Powerless are all epic but it has my least favorite UIB and has tinfoil. Ithink first half barely takes it, I can't decide completely tho.

maclieberman

Lost in the Echo is such an amazing lead off song

smoshee

smoshee Member

LinkingParks

LinkingParks Member

Best album so far
    i love skin to bone,Castle of glass,Lost in the echo,Powerless

Love the lot of them basically haha

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

This album is of great quality and sounds so perfectly balanced!

I got hooked on Castle of glass, Until it breaks and Powerless just a few seconds after hearing them for the first time.

I'm listening to the album with headphones on for the first time now.

PS: Castle of glass is amazing! :D

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

well, what can i say!? Heard it last friday (sorry LP, couldn't wait as i was going on holiday for a week and couldn't wait till i got back xD) and Damn... Didn't let me down the slightest. Both similar and yet completely different to what the've done before. The folk influence starting with I'll. Be Gone is gorgeous, with Castle of glass being one of the crown jewels of the album, with skin to bone, Victimized and until it breaks the albums standouts. I must admit i thought LT would be a backstep from ATS, but happily it was not the case. The weakest trasks probably where BID & IMR only because of their safe & radio friendly formular, but they are still strong tracks. Damn good album. Its only flaw was that it could have let more tracks breathe, e.g. CoG's 2nd verse & intro. & of course VIctimized - which could have had a reprice of mike's folky verse. Other than that damn near pperfect!

izboos

izboos Member

Definitely!!! The start's gotta epic kick!!!

6161 Well-Known Member

LOL! =))

Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

Yes! It's finally mine! :awesome:
    I was on vacation in LBI since the 23rd, but now I finally have it, and let me say, I LOVE it! This is their best album so far, for sure. My favorites are Lost in the Echo, In My Remains, and I'll Be Gone.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I got the album yesterday.

And I'm replaying the sh*t out of Burn It Down. :lol: