New Linkin Park Album "LIVING THINGS" - OUT NOW

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 26, 2012.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Listened to the album for the first time this afternoon, with some friends. What a masterpiece. I have to listen to it more times so I can have a detailed opinion on all the songs, but I especially liked LITE, COG (it brought me the same feeling I had when I first listened to In Between) and POWERLESS.

Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

Listened with friends when I got my digital download at midnight. Still waiting on my physical copy. Favorite tracks on first listen are In My Remains, Castle Of Glass, and Roads Untraveled.

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

been pumping it since i`ve got it Saturday. Easily their best effort to date.

Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

Worldwide Trends.jpg

Worldwide Trends on Twitter puts #LIVINGTHINGS at #2 spot so far!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Listening to it now!

xxspuckxsorrisxx

xxspuckxsorrisxx Living Things

lp #2 on itunes! woohoo! I personally love the album and i felt awesome getting it a day early in the mail

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I picked it up this morning

iPhantom

iPhantom Banned

After my second playthrough:

LOST IN THE ECHO - A good "throwback" to the old Linkin Park. The electronic influence is heavier here, as the song is filled with echoing synths and crunchy bass. 8/10

IN MY REMAINS - Starts off with a loud electronic wash of noise. The song is pretty stadium-rock for the most part, but the military march in the bridge gives this song the push it needed. 8/10

BURN IT DOWN - Great choice for a first single, as it combines the softness of Chester's vocals, and Mike's aggressive rapping, but with much more electronic influence. While the song isn't too special, it does show where the band currently stands with their sound. 7/10

LIES GREED MISERY - Hybrid Theory from the future. This song has hints of dubstep throughout the verses which are glitched up a la Reanimation. Pretty standard Linkin Park track. 8/10

I'LL BE GONE - Opens up with nice synths and guitar. The lyrics are pretty good here. Standard rock track that feels like it belongs on Minutes To Midnight. 7.5/10

CASTLE OF GLASS - Very dark ballad. This song is pretty upbeat and the energy increases as the song progresses. 7.5/10

VICTIMIZED - A mix of new and old. It opens with soft singing by Mike and then the violent chorus comes in. I didn't like the lyrics of this song, but it's full of energy and I can't wait to hear it live. 7.5/10

ROADS UNTRAVELED - Pretty good ballad track. I enjoyed this alot. It lacks a chorus, but with the way it turned out, i'm glad it didn't have an chorus with dumbed-down lyrics that would take away from the song. 8.5/10

SKIN TO BONE - A funky synth-drive song. I didn't expect anything like this at all. The lyrics are either really simple or really descriptive. Pretty experimental and different. I have a feeling this song will have the biggest mixed reaction margin. 8/10

UNTIL IT BREAKS - Superb rapping by Mike Shinoda. I like the way this song is broken up into four different tracks. It flows really well and I can see this one becoming a hit with the fans. 8.5/10

TINFOIL - Pretty standard Linkin Park instrumental.

POWERLESS - A big soaring ballad that closes the album. This song has really good lyrics and I liked how it evolved from TINFOIL. 8/10

box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

Got my copy, so much better than the leak lol, any idea if its gone gold or anything yet?

hybridsoldi3r

hybridsoldi3r Member

Anyone else agree this is Mike's best rap work to date in a LP album?

Blake

maybe. LITE, LGM, and Victimized are some of his best rapping to date. BID rapping id also good, but I don't like his UIB rapping so idk. get rid of UIB and yes

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    livingthings7

livingthings7 Member

its # 1 on itunes charts :D beating maroon 5, and justin bieber!!!
    LP4EVER

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

It's #2 OVERALL in Amazon.com (US) (below Overexposed :/), and #1 Pop Metal (Whatever that is), and #2 Pop and #2 Rock

I ordered my copy from there, so cool! :D now can't wait for it to arrive.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Yes. Tell us about that rape.

{L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

I really feel it incorporates all 4 prior albums as well as a new twist. I am very satisfied. More quick albums! No complaints from me.

iPhantom

iPhantom Banned

That was the wrong word to spell incorrectly. Haha.

Blake

This!

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

The album is FUCKING AMAZING.

A bit premature, but this album tops Hybrid Theory for me.

"Castle of Glass" and "Roads Untraveled" sound so good it makes me wonder where the hell this influence has been all along. It sounds so natural to them.

I love it, I love it, I love it!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

After listening to it a couple more times it just keeps getting better.. And I think I read some people (not sure if around here on in editorial reviews) saying that LITE reminds of Papercut, I don't think they sound alike, they're completely different for me.

COG is freaking awesome, is so different from what they've done, or maybe not but it sounds really fresh and catchy.

IN MY REMAINS is one of my favorites, the chorus in terms of melody is the type of chorus that appeals my ears. Haven't analyzed lyrics of any song yet so I won't comment right now on that :lol:.

Surprisingly, I am yet to get bored of BURN IT DOWN or LIES GREED MISERY despite playing them at least once every day since they came out.

POWERLESS is epic, very atmospheric and the melodies of the vocals are great, the higher pitched "powerless" towards the end causes me the goosebumps everytime.