Powerman 5000.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, Jun 3, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't know how many of you actually listen to PM5K but I know the majority of you have heard of them.

They were made popular with their first single "When Worlds Collide" in like 1998 or something like that. They just released their new album Transform and it's simply awesome. You guys have to check it out.

The cool part is that two songs really stand out to me: "Free" and "That's Entertainment."

"Free" is bashing the United States government ("Living so free is a tragedy / When you can't be what you want to be") and "That's Entertainment" is bashing all the stupid, manufactured pop-stars of today.

They've really matured, I guess you could say, and they've lost the whole Sci-Fi schtick from their previous album. Check them out, they're awesome.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I've heard one of their songs on an anime music video. although I dont remeber how it goes, it was pretty good. Is this a really kool band?

Part.Of.Me

Part.Of.Me Banned

First time I heard these was on Tony Hawks 1/2 (Don't remember which) and it really stood out.. I've just downloaded Free and That's Entertainment and I must say they're pretty good ^_^

Magick

Magick Ambient

PM5K is a pretty good band but I don't listen to them too often. "Free" is a mediocre song. I've heard a few songs from their earlier albums but "Bombshell" and "Megatronic" (I think that's the title) stick out as ones I really enjoy.

CinnamonSpider

CinnamonSpider Well-Known Member

Bombshell indeed kicks ass! so does When Worlds Collide.
    he's only kool because he's Rob Zombie's little brother :p j/p
    for some reason he reminds of the Digimon kids, all that junk he wears and the awesome hair! he's kool, music rocks too!

Part.Of.Me

Part.Of.Me Banned

Lol.. I was thinking the same thing! Check out this: Spider - He totally looks like a Digimon Kid here :p

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Hahaha! That's awesome!