The Newsroom

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mark, Jun 25, 2012.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Just finished the season. The first 4 episodes were absurdly good. The last 6 were pretty disappointing.

travz21

Bumping for the new season. The show is losing its luster. Rehashing the news is going to get really old. That's why I liked the first 4 episodes so much I think. We were focusing more on the characters and the newsroom than the politics and world events that have been beaten to death in our real lives.

travz21

The episode tonight was much better. I hope it keeps up with the character development. I also didn't know that the main theme of this season is going to be a fictional news story, so that will hopefully keep things fresh.

I'll quit bumping my posts from now on.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I watched till episode 2 of season one. As much as I love Aaron Sorkin's film work... he really goes overboard with the clever dialog thing. I mean every other line is a clever little joke or whatever. None of the characters so far feel real to me. It's kinda exhausting getting bombarded with nothing but clever dialogs. I'll still watch the first season though, just to see where it goes.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Season 2 feels pretty good so far. But yeah, I have mixed feelings about the show. The romantic subplots are awful. And some of the things that are meant to be funny are just...yikes.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

This Jim and Maggie stuff has to end. It's already dragged on too long. I'm also happy that the Mackenzie/Will love storyline seems to have died off a bit.

Interested to see how this Occupy Wall Street and Operation Genoa stuff plays out. It's already pretty clear from the first scene of the season that their sources are untrustworthy regarding the sarin gas and they got into hot water.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The Jim and Maggie story is almost the exact same as season 3 of the Jim and Pam story from The Office. Like it's not even trying to hide it.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

....and the Will/Mackenzie love story is back.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Every time I see the title of this thread, I think it's a thread to post general news in.

travz21

Just watched last episode. Still decent, nothing special.

I always check IMDb after and this last comment in the thread made me laugh so hard - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1870479/board/nest/217680123

Maybe I'm just drunk though. The love stories are dragging the ship down, but if I can keep finding comments to laugh about I'll endure.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    travz21

I thought it was a really good finale. I'm glad the Will and Mac drama is hopefully over with forever. For a moment I thought Jim was going to cheat on his girlfriend with 2 different girls, so that was relieving they didn't go there again. Sloan is a great character and is coming into her own. But still, overall, I thought this season was a disaster with the story. Hopefully the events in the finale pave the way to a great 3rd season that is on par with the first few episode of the series. Ever since then it has turned into a cheesy drama with a little sprinkle of a leftist's wet dream.