68 year old woman bullied by kids

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Nish, Jun 23, 2012.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

This video went viral a few days ago and has since generated a massive response. If you haven't seen it, it's a video filmed by a bunch of middle school kids in America who verbally taunted a 68 year old Bus Monitor until she was reduced to tears. It personally made me very angry just watching this. If there was any way of punishing those kids for what they did, I'd be all for it. Absolutely pathetic and disgusting is the only way to describe it.

This is the video in question, I couldn't even bring myself to watch all of it:
    [video=youtube;E12R9fMMtos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12R9fMMtos[/video]

What do you guys think? Does this make you as angry as it makes me?

News Article about the fallout of the video

An excerpt from the above article:

One student taunted: "You don't have a family because they all killed themselves because they don't want to be near you."
    Klein's oldest son killed himself 10 years ago.

What even drives people to treat others like that? :mad:

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

What in the actual fuck? Stupid kids.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:dafuq:

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Words cannot express how angry this makes me. The donations of more than half a million dollars from people who've seen the video and sympathised with her shows her not everyone in the world is cruel and thoughtless, but ultimately doesn't change the way they made her suffer.

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

Wow.... Just... Why?

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I am right with you Nish, this is fucking disgusting. Makes me think they this generation is truly fucked, and I hate being a part of said generation. *insert every swear word you know here.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I still haven't watched the entire video. The first word that comes to mind is "feral". But good on that woman for taking the high road and telling everyone to lay off the kids. I'm sure most people would have snapped in that situation.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Those kids should be ashamed...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The younger generation has no future.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

It's not nice but it's nothing severe in my opinion. Middle school kids by nature are a rowdy bunch and a large number of them lack respect for their elders. This isn't anything new really.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

:( This is what sucks. These fuckheads are ruining shit for the rest of us who don't do none of this type of stuff.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm sorry but this whole generation has no future theory is nonsense. We paved the way for them to turn into this. I'm not saying us as individuals but in general our generation was just as bad.

Calvin

Calvin The rhythm projects 'round the next sound... LPA VIP

She really didn't deserve any of that and afterwards she was still nice about things and stated she didn't want anything to happen to them, she just wanted them to learn a lesson. Faith in humanity = restored.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Wait a second here. These kids are swearing on the bus and it is allowed? I got suspended for 3 days in middle school for calling my bus driver a fat bitch. This is just ridiculous.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

But just because it isn't new doesn't mean it isn't deplorable. Despite the woman's niceness, they shouldn't get away with the old "kids will be kids" excuse.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Didn't watch the video and won't do it to give these kids attention but I would be just like you Nish, how frustrating that these things happen.

What do those kids earn for being so cruel? It must be twisted to feel satisfaction while doing that. It's unexcusable.

Excuse my language, but this generation (including me) is f***ed. We have no manners whatsoever. This has been said about other generations as well, but the level of taunting and extreme behaviour have been increasing drastically.

It's not just that though. Our generation is becoming way too independent and careless.

HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

There are assholes in every generation, this generation is no different. The only difference is new technology that exposes these everyday assholes to the country/world.

These kids, on the other hand, are just despicable... It's one thing to not have respect for your elders, but to just mindlessly bully an elderly woman for no apparent reason is another. There was one comment they made about how her kids should kill themselves, which her son did 10 years ago.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

It's not about giving them attention Andreina, it's about them knowing they can't get away with this. The idiots actually filmed it on their phones and uploaded it to Facebook.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

This is true.

Well you have a point there, I can totally agree with not letting these kids get away with it, but at the same time, whether in a good or bad way, it gives them the attention they want, even the lady doesn't want them to be charged, so if they go unpunished, they can even brag like "hey dudes look how many views I have in my video".

If the lady doesn't want them to be severely punished, it's her decision, however they surely deserve to.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012