Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[VIDEO] Linkin Park Perform BURN IT DOWN on Asahi TV Music Station

Linkin Park are currently in Japan gearing up for their performance on the MTV Japan Video Music Awards which are taking place tomorrow night in Chiba. However before that, tonight the band played Japanese TV show "Music Station" which airs on the Asahi TV network. They played BURN IT DOWN with an absent Brad, who is sick and couldn't make the trip, so instead Linkin Park guitar tech Jeremy filled in for his place. The performance however didn't go as smoothly as hoped for the TV audience due to a technical glitch on Asahi TV's end. During the introduction of the song, the audio feed began playing for a second time, which eventually became the primary output source for the television feed whilst Chester's vocals remained in context.This was an issue with the TV feed not syncing correctly, which was confusing to watch. According to an audience member at the show Linkin Park performed BURN IT DOWN perfectly during the televised version and rehearsal, so it seems the TV station messed up airing the performance for TV unfortunately. You can check out the video and interview below via the link or watch just the performance filmed off-screen by Japanese YouTube user slipknot7maggots.

*Performance video has been removed due to a copyright claim by WMG

Source: Music station via @zeroseven18 | slipknot7maggots

o.O what happened xD

Really? Is that a joke?

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail
    ..the blood of innocence burning in the skies

Quote Originally Posted by Yurieff View Post
    faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail
    Not really. I thought they did a good job getting it back on track rather than stopping the whole performance live. Not a fail at all in my book. Good job on the guys bringing it together and finishing strong.

...What?

so what, mistakes happen ..normal

Quote Originally Posted by bublo Bej View Post
    so what, mistakes happen ..normal
    Thank you.

The most sensible comment so far. Not sure why everyone is confused and saying "what", it was simply a mistake. No big deal.

Shit happens, cant expect every performance to go smoothly. I think they did a great job of recovering and finishing the song.

P.S. Get well soon, Brad!

I like the English subtitles at the bottom, it's like Karaoke. Also, I wonder if people who read translated LP lyrics that don't rhyme, sing it with the tune of the song. Just thought I'd put that random thought out there
    [✔] Firing Squad

[] Line Up

Nish: I've seen enough Shoutbox to know where this is going

No matter what they play - I'll continue to sing as I want!
    Dream big, work hard and don't be an asshole. (c)

That was awesome! really. It's way more interesting than just a "normal" perfomance. As a "musician" myself (Drummer haha) who played in several bands too, I don't find it as a fail. They recoverd very well. Other bands would have just stop the song in the middle andpossibly start over again.
    Thanks for sharing!!
    "Fightin' 4 Peace is Like Fuckin' 4 Virginity"

Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer. LPSTer. YoMarques's Avatar
    It's a live performance, these type of things happen. The guys did a great job afterwards
    "Dream big, work hard and don't be an asshole." - Mike Shinoda

The blood of innocence burning in the skies murphyLP's Avatar
    Shit happens...Its like the 1st time I saw them doing a mistake in a TV show!!! So for 12 years of band its a pretty good thing!!!

On a side note what about those groupies when Mike start the rap hahaha
    I am not the fortune and the fame or the same person telling you to 'forfeit the game' ...

The weird thing is that right at the begining, you see Rob is drumming and there's no sound at all and it comes later and the same with Joe and his pad. I kinda get the feeling that what we hear in this video on tv, wasn't the same the crowd there heard at the moment. I hope it wasn't a back up fail. Cause I'd like to believe they play at least most of the instruments live.

Proud Venezuelan LP fan. With adorable feet. Andreina's Avatar
    Thanks for the news post, wow that was some issue there. My question is, did this happen because they couldn't listen to eachother or something?

Quote Originally Posted by AndreyKamensky View Post
    The weird thing is that right at the begining, you see Rob is drumming and there's no sound at all and it comes later and the same with Joe and his pad. I kinda get the feeling that what we hear in this video on tv, wasn't the same the crowd there heard at the moment. I hope it wasn't a back up fail. Cause I'd like to believe they play at least most of the instruments live.
    Hmm, a fuck-up in mixing for TV sounds plausible tbh. I don't think LP would've sounded (even by mistake) like that live, unless there was some serious issues, idk
    Last edited by Andreina; 06-22-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Extremely H! Vltg3 danielpsoad-09's Avatar
    That was horrible. lol

Shows attended:
    ✓ 09.10.2010 Club Hpico, Santiago, Chile - Maquinaria Festival (LPU M&G)
    ✓ 28.02.2011 US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ - North American Tour (Backstage Tour & LPU M&G)
    ✓ 05.10.2012 Estadio G.E.B.A., Buenos Aires, Argentina - South American Tour
    ✓ 12.08.2014 PNC Music Pavillion, Charlotte, NC - Carnivores Tour

You all do realize they were just playing that one song? How can you screw that up completely? I love them, but this was laughable and without any excuse. The end.

Proud Venezuelan LP fan. With adorable feet. Andreina's Avatar
    I am asking a japanese friend who actually WENT to that studio, and judging by her tweets (roughly translated from japanese), the sound was fine on studio. I'm just trying to get confirmation.

EDIT: Here you go, it was a major TV fuckup.

Thumbnail

https://twitter.com/karinseino/statu...64222164406272
    Last edited by Andreina; 06-22-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreyKamensky View Post
    It's a very confusing performance. Considering the band members weren't in sync with their instruments like you say, but Chester was in sync with the visuals all the way through. Ah well.

Thread Information