Court Forces Disclosure of Hidden Online Identity

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Jun 20, 2012.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I already tried to visit the ProfessorTanked twitter feed but the account has been deleted. Feel free to point me to these tweets. There were also emails which the public are not privy to, as far as I know.

I find it curious you've signed up to talk about this. Mr. DeBow, I'm presuming? Or a friend of his?

Clearly Justice McNally feels this is serious enough of an incident to necessitate the revealing of DeBow's (your?) identity. And Cormier clearly feels it was serious enough to pursue legal avenues. So I can't help but feel that you're not sharing the whole truth.

Enlighten me.

Has

Has New Member

The overarching point is that you are missing the point.

Its not harassment. Harassment is a criminal offense and the police already declined pursuing it as harassment because they found no merit to that charge.

The reputation that was ruined is DeBow. The person affected was DeBow. DeBow was threatened. DeBow was brutally libeled. You are just biased like most Atlantic Canadians who don't appear to think for themselves. There is no proof or evidence to what you say- but you say it anyway. Why is it Atlantic Canadians think if you disagree with someone then you must be harassing? That's not harassment, that's freedom of speech.

BTW "DeBow began libelling Cormier in October." if you bothered to get any sort of facts, you would have seen that statement was totally not true and in itself libel.

Finally the judge only felt Cormier has the right to have the name so he could initiate legal action if he chooses. The judge didnt even think Cormier's case warranted the judgement of fees. The judge did not and in no way, judge the accusation, the situation or DeBow's or Cormier's actions. The judge in no way 'agreed' with Cormier on the accusations- he just upheld the rule that all Canadians have the right to legal action (that does not mean you will win, but everyone has the right to sue.) I wish ignorant people would stop pretending they know more than they know.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I'm not reading all of this.

:trollface: