Incubus/Mutemath recommendations?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by AThousandSuns, Jun 20, 2012.

AThousandSuns

AThousandSuns Member

Hi all,
    I'm attending the Camden show of the Honda Civic Tour in August and would like to further familiarize myself Incubus and Mutemath before the concert. If anyone has any particular songs or albums they feel I should especially check out, please feel free to post them on this thread. Thanks!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

For Mutemath, I'd say their self-titled CD containing the single Typical and their latest outing.

[youtube]7XVWR-5fiG0[/youtube]

[youtube]kvrfoU3SS4U[/youtube]

For Incubus, they actually have a Greatest Hits compilation called Monuments and Melodies that would fit nicely.

AThousandSuns

AThousandSuns Member

Thanks, Minus. I enjoyed those tracks and will definitely check out that greatest hits compilation.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

A Crow Left of the Murder FTW

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

MM are brilliant. their self titled album is epic IMO :) I really enjoyed Incubus' 'Morning View' too :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I was a fan of Incubus' Light Grenades album.

Can't go wrong with any of Mutemath's songs in my opinion.

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Morning View for Incubus. Awesome album

theDUDE

theDUDE Don't be scared homie!

As far as Incubus goes, Morning View is a fantastic album. Aside from that, I would check out Nebula, Anna Molly, Dig, Drive, Megalomaniac, Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song)...pretty much what Minus said, check out Monuments and Melodies. The songs I just named should be there. Can't really go wrong with Incubus. Awesome band.

LeoMPhillyFan

LeoMPhillyFan Well-Known Member

I actually just listened to S.C.I.E.N.C.E., Make Yourself, and Morning View. S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and Morning View are great albums to listen to while Make Yourself has their 3 best songs IMO, Pardon Me, Drive, and Stellar.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

IMO, Make Yourself is not only the best Incubus album, but one of the best albums of all time. Honestly, I like it more than anything LP has ever done.

BTW, several of us will be at the summit and Camden show, including our very own Joe who will be flying over from the UK. Hope to see you there!

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

MM and Incubus are like two of my favorite bands ever. With Mute Math, start with their first album and work your way to the newest one. I love the first two the most... they have some of the most catchy, unique and deep songs I've ever heard. Insane. The newest one is a lot more raw and blues-rocky. You'll love it if you're into that stuff.

[video=youtube;egnxhAewTzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egnxhAewTzY[/video]

As for Incubus, given their large discography (and switch ups in style) I'd suggest starting with Morning View. Amazing album top to bottom. They have so many different styles, it's hard to pin them down. But I think Morning View is a good representation of their versatility. Oh and Brandon Boyd has one of the best voices in rock music, period.

[video=youtube;3k0-sGqxIiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k0-sGqxIiQ[/video]

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Anything by Incubus. These guys put on a killer live show.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Mutemath: Control, Peculiar People, Typical... Their first EP and debut album are amazing, the rest is just ok IMO