Living Things, when will we get bored of it ? how long will it last ?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LinkinPark., Jun 20, 2012.

LinkinPark.

LinkinPark. New Member

hey, i guess most of us listened to the record in one way or another.. personally i believe this album is one of their best. Yet, im kinda afraid that this " instant " crush on each track will have bad consequences. i liked lies greed misery when it first came out but now, i skip it when playing the record, the same goes for burn it down . Will this happen to the rest of the tracks ?!

what do you think ? how long can you play it before you get bored ?

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

This is exactly what I am worried about! I'm currently sitting on around 30-40 plays and I'm scared that I will get bored of it soon!
    But thing is, I usually get bored of albums after say 20 plays.. but for some reason I'm only starting to love these tracks now!

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Hey, and maybe many or all of us will get bored of it at some point. But I've been listening to music long enough to know that some time after dropping it you decide to pick it up again, maybe weeks but maybe even months or a full year later, and it sounds just as fresh as the first time you heard it. Music, even from a band you consider your favorite, doesn't have to be fresh all the time.

SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

I still listen to A Thousand Suns, and I never get bored with it. I hope to get the same result from this album.

lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

same here... but i love the songs... just as the past songs from the band ... For me it's about when i want to listen to Lp song i listen .... i won't be bored to listen to Lp no matter what ...

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

My style of listening is not played by albums... I make playlist and labeled it LP Hard Tracks, LP Mellow Tracks, LP Favorites, etc.. except for ATS to be played as FULL EXPERIENCE... I actually listen to albums when it come to my mind that i want to listen it as a whole...

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I will never get tired of it

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

The first half has already overstayed it's welcome on my ipod. Second half though, is just gold. So I guess I'm somewhat bored with it.

MicCarrera

MicCarrera Well-Known Member

I know I will get tired of it. I didn't listen to Linkin Park all year until I heard the BURN IT DOWN annoucment on their website then started listening to them again. I have a feeling around September when Food and Liquor II comes out I will stop listen to them until like 2013 or something. It doesn't help my main music is hip hop/rap anyway. Linkin Park is one of the few rock bands I listen to, but they're my favorite artist no doubt.