Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Linkin Park Team with Dell & Open Labs for Linkin Park Edition Computer & Software

Dell Computers have today announced a partnership with Linkin Park, in which consumers will be able to purchase a Dell Computer with Pre-Installed Open Labs software featuring custom-made sounds from Linkin Park. The Open Labs package will also be available to purchase on the Dell website. View some excerpts from the press release below and follow the link to the Wall Street Journal for the full statement.

--Dell's Linkin Park Edition -- available immediately -- celebrates Linkin Park's new album LIVING THINGS by combining exclusive Linkin Park sounds, Open Labs Music OS and Dell personal computers.

Today Dell announced it is teaming up with music software provider Open Labs, LLC and award-winning rock band Linkin Park to offer Open Labs Music OS 3.0 software for download on dell.com and on select Dell products, including a limited availability music solution called the Linkin Park Edition.

To celebrate the upcoming release of Linkin Park's new album LIVING THINGS, Dell is offering a special limited time music solution called the Linkin Park Edition available immediately. It features exclusive, custom-made Linkin Park Sounds, Open Labs Music OS software, and high performance Dell laptops and All in One devices. Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park said, "Technology is at the core of our music creation process. As technology expands, so do the possibilities for creativity. We are excited to partner with Dell to issue an exclusive Linkin Park Edition Music OS package that blends Dell technology and Open Labs music creation software. The combination of Dell's powerful computing, along with Music OS's seamless software will be an invaluable tool on our upcoming world tour, as we gear up to release our new album, LIVING THINGS, on June 26."

Update: Mike Corley (mcorley) from the Open Labs Technical Support Department registered here at LPA to provide us with more information and an insight into what we can expect from this new Software. He said:

What we have is a very powerful line of Dell laptops and all-in-one PC's, powered by Open Labs Music OS, our ground breaking live performance and light duty DAW. Linkin Park has been absolutely fantastic to work with, and have provided us with over 200 original sounds and loops, created by the band, as well as an exclusive demo song for Music OS.

These sounds are just the beginning, and new sounds from LP will be released over the next year on a regular basis.

So, this is much more than a Linkin Park themed PC. This is LP partnering with companies who can put the tools to make music directly in your hands.
    I took a screen shot of Music OS open and the LP demo song loaded. It's all loops from the band, using our included VST. Free for you to mix and remix, chop fold and manipulate.

It's called "Bruiser". It's pretty loud, has a definite dubstep influence, and give a good starting point to your interactions with Music OS.
    Click HERE for a video that demonstrates just what Music OS is.

Source: Market Watch | mcorley

Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park said, "...We are excited to partner with Dell to issue an exclusive Linkin Park Edition Music OS package that blends Dell technology and Open Labs music creation software. The combination of Dell's powerful computing, along with Music OS's seamless software will be an invaluable tool on our upcoming world tour, as we gear up to release our new album, LIVING THINGS, on June 26."
    I'm sure Mike said that, word for word
    [✔] Firing Squad

[] Line Up

Nish: I've seen enough Shoutbox to know where this is going

It's Like I'm Paranoid... alexbism's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nish View Post
    I'm sure Mike said that, word for word

Proud Venezuelan LP fan. With adorable feet. Andreina's Avatar
    To me Linkin Park is knocking it out of the park with all this partnerings, very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreina View Post
    To me Linkin Park is knocking it out of the park with all this partnerings, very clever.
    I don't know if all this partnering is their idea, but I think they may be overdoing it just slightly. I mean, it's a great way to get word of their album out, but it's a pretty random promotion when you think about it.

Very nice, if it wasn't for the fact that I've gone Mac and never going back.

I've lost count of the amount of partnerships Linkin Park have had this album cycle:

NBA
    FIFA
    EA Medal of Honor
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
    Lotus F1 Team
    Spotify
    Honda Civic
    Dell Computers

...these are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

I'll be happy if they just come and perform here! But have to admit, so need this!

Vdalem's Cookies!

It's Like I'm Paranoid... Cely_lp's Avatar
    I'm wondering what will be the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Cely_lp View Post
    I'm wondering what will be the next one...
    Linkin Park Team with Durex & Trojan for "UNTIL IT BREAKS" Edition Condom.

Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer. LPSTer. YoMarques's Avatar
    Woah, interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    You're epic, Joe
    "Dream big, work hard and don't be an asshole." - Mike Shinoda

It's Like I'm Paranoid... Cely_lp's Avatar
    LOL That would be interesting

One must lead in the dance, who's leading you? Robert's Avatar

I wonder if the computer will be any good...
    My bloodtype is KRYLON - Technicolor Type-A

Today...I looked for a sign. With flames in my hands. A line in the sand between yours and mine.

Honda is also sponsoring their US Tour. Holy shit, they are getting the money back from collabortions. And forgot deluxe edition albums.

Linkin Park team with Google Maps to present the new 'ROADS UNTRAVELED' Street View upgrade

I've lost count of the amount of partnerships Linkin Park have had this album cycle:

FIFA

...these are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.
    I don't think they've announced anything for FIFA 13, Blackout was in FIFA 11 but that's it
    Last edited by Nish; 06-19-2012 at 02:44 PM.

LP loves gettin that paper!
    Formerly known as Agent O

Opening
    Quote Originally Posted by malion View Post
    Very nice, if it wasn't for the fact that I've gone Mac and never going back.
    I agree.

Sounds great! I might even buy one... but I hope they'll have pc's too...not only laptops.

Lmfao!
    "Fightin' 4 Peace is Like Fuckin' 4 Virginity"

Quote Originally Posted by Nish View Post
    I don't think they've announced anything for FIFA 13, Blackout was in FIFA 11 but that's it
    I wasn't talking about the game, LP have BID as the theme for football in Europe. Might not be FIFA, could be Euro 2012. I don't give a fuck about football enough to care.

Thread Information