How was your first Linkin Park concert?

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by wolf95, Jun 18, 2012.

mirjanalp

mirjanalp Member

June 6th 2012. in Romania <3 Best day of my life.Travelled more than 12 hours from Serbia,then got back few hours before the exam..But it was worth it!

Requiem1394

Requiem1394 Well-Known Member

November 2000 in Cleveland, OH. Opening for POD. Their energy was insane. I had only heard the album maybe twice, so my memories are mostly based on their energy than the specific songs. However, I do remember With You very clearly. Chester was so powerful on it that I ended up obsessed with the band by the end of their performance. It also helped that Chester and Mike were just chilling at the bar at the end of the show. Walked right up to them. Talked a bit and got a signed demo tape (which I no longer have...). Pretty much my musical awakening that night.

linkinpark9503

linkinpark9503 Member

it was Sept 21, 2000... the day before my 16th birthday... we went to THAT DAMN SHOW and i was excited to see Orgy...YES, Orgy! but then i discovered this little known band, Linkin Park. I bought Hybrid Theory the day it came out and my life has never been the same...

linkinpark9503

linkinpark9503 Member

im about to go to my 14th show...

linkinpark9503

linkinpark9503 Member

i saw summer sanatarium in sept 2003 in Cali!! it was AMAZING!!!!!!!

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

My first LP concert was in February 2008, the first time they played at Madison Square Garden. My girlfriend and I were pretty much up front only a few people separating us from the barricade, I assumed they were LPU members. That concert was fucking amazing and I had several highlights:

-During A Place for my head Mike was basically on top of us rapping the whole first verse that was fucking amazing to just look and and boom Mikes right there. During the chorus my girlfriend had the mic in her face basically.

-Mike was rapping fort minor verses as the intro for Points of Authority at that time and I was the only person in my vicinity who knew the lyrics to what he was rapping (Bloc Party). He was up there rapping and I started rapping along with him and several people around me just started paying attention to me rapping instead of him which was kinda awkward but cool lol. Mike didn't notice but Chester did and he looked down at me and just stared as I was rapping. I guess he was kinda surprised that I knew the lyrics lol.

-One of the best parts was Jay Z coming out during the encore and performing Numb/Encore and Jigga What/Faint with the faint extended outro, that was insane. That was my first ever concert actually and seeing both Linkin Park and Jay Z as my first concert experience was just fucking amazing. Felt cool knowing they've only performed together a handful of times and I got to see one of those rare moments.

Overall it was great the spot we squeezed ourselves into in the pit was perfect because Chester and Mike both occasionally came up close to where we were. I saw them again when they came back to MSG for the A Thousand Suns Tour. We didn't get the best spots that time we were sort of more on the side but that concert was taped for fuse and we saw ourselves a few times when it was aired. That alone was fucking cool.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    T-Issa

T-Issa Well-Known Member

This summer (June, 12th) I saw Linkin Park live, Odessa, Ukraine. I had a rest at the seaside. I had to go to the other city to see them. But it was great: we've got to Odessa by train full of the LP's fans, - never seen something like that before. Everybody was singing their songs, we heard them also from the people's laptops and mobile phones.
    And of course nothing compares to LP's concert. I've lost my mind from the first sounds of Faint AND.. then I don't remember anything. I had to recall whole concert by watching video. But one thing I know is that Mike said "We'll be back as soon as possible" and Chester congratulated Ukraine with a victory over Sweden "I wanna say congratulation for Ukraine last night for kick blahblahblah that was beautiful!!"
    I still don't believe I was there, it was unbelievable:awesome:

Diane

Diane new kid

I saw them when I was 14; March 2 2011 in Dallas - I got a meet&greet, too, which only added to the awesomeness.

Needless to say, it was one of the greatest nights of my life. We ended up getting terrible tickets (long story) and my friend's dad wound up completely drunk off his ass, but I still managed to have an amazing time.

(I was so distracted by excitement at school that day that I failed a test and completely tuned out my teachers trying to talk to me... no regrets).

op4blushift

op4blushift Well-Known Member

December 13th (I think?) 2010 Melbourne Aus, night 2. First and only LP concert so far, probably my first 'proper' concert as well. Was pretty cool as they debuted Blackout and Burning in the Skies that night.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I guess I've been to 7 Linkin Park shows...

Jun 8, 2001 - Ozzfest
    Jul 26, 2003 - Summer Sanitarium
    Jan 30, 2004 - Meteora World Tour
    Aug 7, 2004 - Projekt Revolution
    Sep 1, 2007 - Projekt Revolution
    Jan 26, 2011 - A Thousand Suns World Tour
    Aug 24, 2012 - Honda Civic Tour

I had to miss the one in Chicago, because it was my girlfriend's birthday, so I had to go to the one in Madison, Wi. That was the farthest I've traveled for a Linkin Park show. Also, Story Of The Year couldn't play at that show because of illness. Fun facts are fun. Also, in 2006, I was supposed to go to the Fort Minor show at the House Of Blues, but that fell on the same date as the afore mentioned MWT Chicago show. >_<

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Mike was at two places at once? :head:

I'll be on a LP concert... One day... :foreveralone:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Same day, three years apart. :FUUUUUU:

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

My first LP show was at Madison Square Garden for the A Thousand Suns World Tour in February (the one that was recorded for Fuse). I was so far away from the stage being up in the nose-bleeds, but I sang my heart out that night forcing me to call out of work the following two days. It was a great show, but I must say, my second show in Camden after the LPU Summit was far better. Maybe it was the whole experience before the show, but the band just seemed to be so much more lively and amp-d by the crowd. Can't wait to see them again, but this time, from the pit!

Juliet

Juliet Well-Known Member

I'm kind of behind saying this, but as a birthday present, my parents took me to my first concert in Seattle on wednesday. Seeing them live made me fall in love with them even more than I already was. It was like something just clicked inside of me. When they sang the LOATR/ Shadow of the Day/Irisdescent medley, it gave me goosebumps. The songs just seemed like they had so much more meaning to me standing there than ever before. It was totally worth getting shoved around in the pit by some d-bags from time to time, and having my legs become so sore I could barely walk when the concert ended. I hope to do it again one day.

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

June, last year, in Stockholm. AMAZING! I stood all the way up front so I faced them several times. It was so awesome! The crowd was lively as well! The only thing I missed was a little more, like, talk between the songs. Chester spoke like two times. Mike like once. It was a little bit of a let down. Not that I cared much at that point though xD Setlist was awesome as well! Perfect day! Definitely not the last time seeing them :lol:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

This thread should be closed for depressing me. :kappa:

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

my first time was at the Sonisphere 2011 in italy, i went at the entrance at about 6.30 am, i met the members of the linkin park italian forum. It was the 26th of June and there were like 40 degrees XD, we were on the concrete,this was not helping. We waited until about the 10.00 pm,the show was incredible, Mike was awesome to charge the audience, the only thing that i have to say is that sometimes i didn't hear much the Chester's voice because of the crowd. Will be for the next... It's been awesome, i still don't believe it that i saw them live :D