Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    In love with "Lost in the Echo" wolf95's Avatar

Wink How was your first Linkin Park concert?

hey guys, I just felt like it might be interesting talking about the experience of the first LP show of each of us. For a real fan i guess it's a special moment to see our idols for the first time...

OK, so my first Linkin Park concert was on may 26, in Rock in Rio Lisboa - Portugal. I waited for 3 years for this concert until they finally came back to Portugal. Time passed really fast since the day that they've been announced (in February) until the day of the concert, and now almost a month has passed, it's crazy and I can't believe the big day it's already long gone!
    I got there at 9AM, 13 hours before the concert, I couldn't miss the first row, I had it all planed months before and luckily i got to the front (and I'm not very good at running!) . I can't describe the feeling of being in the first row, but the first goal was sucessfully achieved. The first concert of the night was Limp Bizkit (became a fan since then, good sign I guess...), followed by The offspring (meh...), and finally... LP! It was so much going on at the same time that It was difficult to perceive everything while trying to not be smashed by the crowd or trampled in the head by a crowd surfer. And probably I've been hit in the head because I have amnesia of that concert, I mean, it was the fastest hour and a half of my life and I don't have a clear image in my mind of having THEM in front of me, I barely remember having Chester in the stage right in front of me in, but can't remember Mike. (I guess someone stole my memories ) And unfortunately none of then passed close to me. This guy > < had more luck (yes, he's from this show) xD
    I feel a little guily for not having a very clear memory from that night, and wonder if I'm the only one (no, I wasn't drunk). At least I have the live stream recorded that ensures me I've really been there and I can clearly say it was the best day of my life! Watch the full concert stream here

What about your experiences ?

Five Star General Infantry Controller JESEFF's Avatar
    Wouldn't know, they canceled my show.
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

Formerly known as Zombie Jeff

In love with "Lost in the Echo" wolf95's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Wouldn't know, they canceled my show.
    Doesn't sound very funny having the show canceled. So you haven't been to any yet ?
    But at least you guys there in the US have lots of concerts, here it's just one, every few years...
    Last edited by wolf95; 06-18-2012 at 02:47 AM.

Opening
    Depends on what you consider to be my first Linkin Park show. I attended Live 8 in Philadelphia in 2005 before I was really into them when they brought Jay-Z around. However, my first actual Linkin Park show was January 31, 2011 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia and it was pretty incredible. My next show will be at the Honda Civic Tour in Camden on August 17.

Leave a light, a light on. Filip's Avatar
    I was never on a LP show.

But I'm still begging LP to come to Croatia or even Italy, I'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarks View Post
    2013 Concerts:
    February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
    April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
    June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
    September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
    December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:
    February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
    September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
    September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    Formerly known as Bliss / Dementia

First concert was in 2007 at the Excel Center in Minneapolis. Was first in line at the LPU Meet and Greet (although I can no longer afford to be in the LPU ). Show was fucking fantastic.

Has anyone here been to a bunch of LP concerts, like how Geki has been to a ton of LP, DBS and FM concerts?

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    My first Linkin Park concert was in 2001 at Ozzfest. Was pretty awesome and a highlight of the day, even though the people I went with weren't that into seeing Linkin Park.

Take it how you take it, I'm the opposite of vacancy

^Just watched APFMH from that. They have always been amazing live and that was an awesome performance. They kill it live a lot!

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia View Post
    ^Just watched APFMH from that. They have always been amazing live and that was an awesome performance. They kill it live a lot!
    Hell yes! I was actually surprised that my brother didn't put me down for enjoying the set that much. He is still a big metalhead to this day. Same goes with everyone in the group that was there. Except for me. I still enjoy it, but I have seen there is more out there.

Sexy in a really weird way Pidgeon's Avatar
    February 26, 2011 best day of my life. I worked the MFR booth and they put us in fucking pit. God it was incredible.

11/9/10 birmingham it was amazing.
    Last edited by IISUPERXEROI; 07-03-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Formerly known as Pictureboard.

For some reason second time was better that the first time... I saw them for the first time in 2008 and I was excited to see them in person and all, but I got bored halfway thru. The second time I've saw them was during ATS tour, and it was one of the best concerts of my life... and at the end Rob threw me his drum stick (:

In 2010 I went to London on a trip. When I came back home I saw the dates for the ATS tour, and LP played like 3 blocks away from my hotel 2 nights in a row.

I wanted to fucking kill myself...

In 2010 I went to London on a trip. When I came back home I saw the dates for the ATS tour, and LP played like 3 blocks away from my hotel 2 nights in a row.

I wanted to fucking kill myself...
    They were also at Novarock this year (and last), and that's not far from Croatia (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by TheZlajaZlo View Post
    They were also at Novarock this year (and last), and that's not far from Croatia (I think).
    Getting from Croatia to Austria is very hard when you're 14..

Are you from Croatia or Serbia? On which concerts were you?

Getting from Croatia to Austria is very hard when you're 14..

Are you from Croatia or Serbia? On which concerts were you?
    It makes sense now why you couldn't go... don't worry, you'll see them eventually.

I'm from Serbia, but I've been studying in Slovakia since 2008, so I was able to see them in Czech Republic (2008) and in Austria (2010)...

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    November 9 2010 - LG Arena Birmingham

But I'm still begging LP to come to Croatia or even Italy, I'll go.
    They've been to Italy. Also, Austria and Hungary.

Thread Information