LP's 6th Album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CylockDNB, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

Obviously, it's way too early to talk about what this album will really be, but I figured it'd be an interesting discussion topic.

The way I see it:

Hybrid Theory was this first nu-metal magical album that launched them into the mainstream.

Meteora was intended to be a continuation of that magic and was meant to see if LP still had what it took to do it again.

Minutes To Midnight was LP attempting to step out of their comfort zone and create songs that didn't have to be restrained by the "LP" sound.

A Thousand Suns was LP going far out into a concept album, and trying to venture into as many different genres as they could, while writing some almost psychedelic material and totally stepping out of their comfort zone.

Living Things was LP going back to some of their past familiar territory while still trying some new things, but mainly striving to fuse all of their previous records together into one cohesive, new sound.

Now, my question is, what do you think will be the main concept/theme of their next album? :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I know its a pipe dream but I want to see sort of a trance metal album. Ya know. ATS only heavier.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I was wondering how quickly a "6th Album" thread was going to come up. I haven't even heard Living Things yet... Anyways, I want out of 'Album 6' what I wanted out of Living Things; Linkin Park making music. I'm sure no matter what they make, I'm going to love, so as long as I have some Linkin Park, I'll be happy.

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

i wud really like to see a MTM+Re-animation in one album ... wonder how that wud sound...

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

Well seeing as how they seem to do great albums every other cycle (in my opinion) they are due for a meh album in their sixth studio effort

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I would back this.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

I want the experimentation of tracks 5-12 of Living Things on every song in album 6. And put it on steroids. Also wouldn't mind more folk influence.

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

I want more folk, more hardcore punk, more ballads. Basically, I want a Living Things 2

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I'm with this guy. Basically just more folk, punk, funk, metal, rap, ballads, power ballads, electro. You know, the basics. But no techno, as if we haven't gotten enough of that the past couple albums :trollface:

mastae

mastae Some Honky

yes Yes YES YES YES

Geki

Geki >.

I'd like for them to make a heavier version of ATS. Kind of like a fusion between ATS and Living Things. I honestly think they may go even further into the electronic scene on the next record, and maybe explore farther into the folk genre which is totally fine by me.

If you look at the pattern, it goes like this, at least for me..

Hybrid Theory - No need for description, it was their original sound and album, no evolution off of anything.

Meteora - Further adding to the HT sound. No real evolution, just kind of building on the HT sound.

MTM - Big change for the band, almost seems like the band tried really hard not to sound like the first two albums. They succeeded. Was more of an organic, rock and alternative album.

ATS - Another big game changer. Really electronically heavy, not using conventional song structures and making a theme throughout the whole album. Drastically different than the MTM sound, maybe even using some of the ''original'' LP sounds more than MTM sounds.

LT - It's almost like a fusion between their original sound and ATS. It's a lot different than ATS structure wise, but they kept a lot of the electronic influences, while using the HT/Meteora song structure.

So basically, MTM was the most far out there sound that they have ever done. It sounded nothing like ''original'' LP, while ATS and Living Things did use some of that original sound. ATS was totally different than MTM. LT was different than ATS but not a lot different. I don't know what LP will do next. Maybe the sound on LT will be the sound of the band from now on? I know LP does not like to make the same record twice, so I think it will be different personally. Who knows...

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

An album 6 thread 1 day after LT leak? Way to go :lol:

Honestly, I WOULD LOVE an album with freaking heavy and weird stuff, kind of Victimized. But I'm 99% sure it won't ever happen. But, an heavy and experimental would still be possible, just less heavy than Victimized. That's what I'm hoping for.

Second choice, I would like a hip-hop oriented record, with dark electronic atmospheres and all of that shit.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Geki

Geki >.

I really don't know what LP will do next to change their sound. They've experimented into almost every genre so far except for like the various versions of ''Metal'', country, blues...

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

As long as it's somewhat enjoyable and completely original, that's all that matters

Please Dear God, no country....

Geki

Geki >.

I don't think LP would ever make country music, just like I don't think they'd make really heavy metal songs. I think the whole ''folk'' style on COG and RU is the farthest they would go near the country side.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

*raises hand* I second this!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Living Things isn't even officially released, and we're discussing the sixth album?

But, I'd like it to be a mix of HT and ATS, just like LT is.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I would like them to make less vocal-based songs...let the instruments breathe a little bit. other than that, I'm in for whatever. At this point I trust them.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

An overview,

Hybrid Theory - Before their debut, the group had already cultivated a unique identity to their sound. Their debut album was simply a watered down version of it, which inevitably drew in an enormous fanbase.

Meteora - The band was aiming for something timeless with this album. It is a shame the record didn't pan out that way. I'm certain that Warner and the 'powers that be' swayed the group into creating whatever their sophomore effort resulted in. A double edged sword; Meteora appeased the masses whilst destroying the band's legitimacy in being taken seriously as musical talents.

Minutes to Midnight - There are a few glimpses of pure bliss (TLTGYA) on this record that would have landed the album as their most prolific effort thus far. Unfortunately it is not an element prevalent throughout the entirety of the record. Nonetheless, 'Minutes to Midnight' is a solid release that ultimately changed the course of the band's career; a great precursor to the unexpected 'A Thousand Suns'.

A Thousand Suns - Their most ambitious effort to date. Albeit, I felt that their ideas were still a tad bit premature and convoluted, which lent to an album that just fell short of being something truly special; a milestone that would have spoken to the music industry as a whole, in a big way.

LIVING THINGS - This record is the perfect ode to their studio releases thus far. Interestingly, the entirety of the album exudes an air of effortlessness. Even towards the release of this album the members have all expressed a very relaxing demeanor. The band is in their prime with this record.

6th Studio Album - I'd like to listen to something akin to the intent of which the band originally harbored for 'Meteora'. They were very adamant on creating pieces that would be timeless, atmospheric, and epic. With 'LIVING THINGS', we hear the band treading upon familiar territory while keeping up to par with their experimental spark. If the band continues this trend, combined with the original mindset behind 'Meteora' we could be in for something absolutely phenomenal.

Ultimately, I hope that the band will be able to produce an album in the future of which would strike the music industry in such a big way that they'd be praised as talents held in very high regard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.