Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LP's 6th Album

I think it's a little too early to tell, but whatever they come up with next, I'm certain it will be interesting.
    May your love never end, and if you need a friend, there's a seat here alongside me.

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    Living Things almost seems like a greatest hit's album. I also find that it really flows well between songs which their other album always seemed to fall short on (even ATS). Right now i find it hard to not listen to the entire album when i want to hear a song.

I hope a step back, sort of a MTM mixed with just a little bit of the ATS (not LT) electronics.

Friggin hell, calm down. The 5th album hasn't even been officialy released yet!

I was by your side, powerless. NateXY's Avatar
    The question I wanna know is, will Linkin Park keep up this way in how quickly they released LIVING THINGS as a follow up to A Thousand Suns?
    Or will they go back to another Meteora to Minutes To Midnight break?
    Signature inspired by MaiMer

because the internet
    Wow.....already?

It is indeed a little early to talk about the next album, when the fith isn't really out yet. I don't know what i would like to see in 2 or 3 years. Linkin Park always surprises me, and i am always very satisfied and lucky with their albums. I hope the music industrie will come away a little from all this electronic stuff at the moment and focus again on 'real' music and 'real' instruments. Don't get me wrong: i really like electro-music, but at the time it is really overall.

I just wish a few acoustic-songs from the guys. just Chester incredible voice and a guitar and/or a piano. maybe some more strings even or a few more orchestra songs. i like the direction of "The Messenger", "Pushing Me Away (Piano Version)", "Rolling In The Deep Cover", 'Let Down Acoustic', even 'Little Boxes'. I really love the 'high voice' of Chester, i hope they focus a little on this with a new project... So they could show even more facets. But in the end i trust the guys, they always choose the right direction. Let's just now focus on 'Living Things' and enjoy this record.
    16.01.2008 Hannover, Germany
    29.10.2010 Hamburg, Germany
    01.06.2012 Nürburgring, Germany

I'm gonna make a new thread called "LP's 7th album"

There's a seat here along side me... jare0674's Avatar
    I don't care what it sounds like but I want it to be longer. LT is just so short, especially with them going back to 3min songs and 35min length total. I want an album around an hour long like Reanimation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZlajaZlo View Post
    I would like them to make less vocal-based song...let the instruments breathe a little bit. other than that, I'm in for whatever. At this point I trust them.
    This is a very good point. I'd like to see this too.
    Formerly known as Agent O

Maybe an album with NO electronics whatsoever, that would be weird and cool! No one would expect it!

Linkin Park "Burn It Down" Live at Billboards HD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naY7gkiBD-s
    Wolflink on getting his copy of Living Things
    wolflink: i preordered through LPA so im screwed

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arun1910 View Post
    Maybe an album with NO electronics whatsoever, that would be weird and cool! No one would expect it!
    So... You want an album with acoustic drums, guitars, bass and a piano... Maybe that thought of Joe Hahn in a cowboy hat and a lab coat isn't too far fetched.

Take it how you take it, I'm the opposite of vacancy

Banned
    I would like Hybrid Theory style of guitars drums bass etc. with ATS lyrics.
    Would be awesome.

Still waiting for Reanimation II man...

When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind

I also want to hear more intricate drum patterns from Rob and some creativity with the guitar works. Also, I know Phoenix plays the upright bass... how come we haven't heard that from him yet? Want some shuffling of instruments along that line too.

Quote Originally Posted by HybridBharath View Post
    I'm gonna make a new thread called "LP's 7th album"
    Mike Shinoda would be so proud for you creating the ultimate trolling thread.

Standing on the wall / Laughing at suns & guns Faint into Pieces's Avatar
    To me, after the initial outbreak that was Hybrid Theory, it took Linkin Park 4 more records to truly find their own sound. Living Things is that sound.

More of that sound would NOT be a bad thing whatsoever.

BUT, if I wanted them to go off on another excursion into music land, there's one place I know they need to explore: Progessive Rock.

Give us an album of longer, epic, building songs ala The Catalyst but with more of a rock flavour, and I would die a completely satisfied human being.
    "We are not satisfied. We are hungry. Hungry for the visceral. Cathartic. Inspired. Defiant. We are not heroes or anti-heroes. We carry the flag that is our own. Now is not the time to look back to see if anyone is following. Now is the time to charge forward into the unknown."

I want a more cinematic feel, with more experimentation with strings having a prominent role.
    Coming 2008

It's Like I'm Paranoid... alexbism's Avatar
    I want them to do whatever they want to , they know how to surprise me so i don't want to expect something when they can give me better x) .

LPA team
    So, what about the 7th studio album guys? Maybe I should make another thread for it .

Thread Information