Chino = Trash Talker

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by MrMetal, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    MrMetal

MrMetal Member

Note: I got this from the Ozzfest.com message board

CHINO MORENO of the DEFTONES spoke to REVOLVER magazine about the group’s stint on SUMMER SANITARIUM. “A big problem for me was opening for LIMP BIZKIT and LINKIN PARK, two bands that wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for me, straight up!” Chino says in the August 2003 issue. “But in the end I’m seriously energized and I’m not going out there to make friends and kick it.” And it gets better Chino talked some smack about headliners METALLICA. “They have a vast catalog. But live? Mother####ers just stand there and play. We’re gonna rock out their ####. We’re gonna blow that ###### up.” In the same interview Mr.Moreno decided why stop there whom else can I talk #### about? Jonathan Davis of Korn. “As Korn go on, it’s the same things-bad childhood’s and mean moms. It gets old after awhile. How old is Jonathan? Thirty years old? How long has it been since he lived with his parents? Try to go somewhere else. If you’re genuine and write about whatever is drawing the emotion now, you can’t be ####ed with.”

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

What's with all the numbers? I can barely understand it.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

i read this the other day

I now officially hate the Deftones. Is it just me, or is it obvious that they're in it for the money? They tour with bands they don't like (twice with LP) and appear on remix albums with bands they don't respect. it puzzles me.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Thanx, for clearing this up.

wow, how could the Deftones be disrespecting Linkin Park like that? I never liked Deftones and will never like them... :angry:

Part.Of.Me

Part.Of.Me Banned

I like the Deftones.. But Chino talks sh*t.. Seriously though, wtf is his problem? As*h*le.. I respect all bands mentioned.. He just loves himself too much..

Stuey_345

Stuey_345 Well-Known Member

why is he an a$$?

Magick

Magick Ambient

I still like Deftones.. remember, it's just Chino talkin' smack. The other members (i.e. Stephen Carpenter) are most likely still cool with LP. Chino's ego has been getting a lot bigger as of late. :wth:

MaDd BoKo 03

MaDd BoKo 03 Banned

CHino sings right..whats stephen carpenter do

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Play guitar I think. I just lost a lot of respect for Deftones. Thanks for posting that up. I mean, I still love their music but I'm going to boo their ass off the stage at Summer Sanitarium along with Metallica. I heard Deftones sucks when they perform live, too. Sorry, but if that's how he feels, then that's how I think the entire band feels. Deftones suck, music good. ;)

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

:eek: Thats not like right. I never really did like the Deftones and now after reading that I hate them. How could they say something like that? And why do they tour with bands if they dont like them? Hmm some people are crazy.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

It's called money. ;)

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I thought limpbizkit started in like 1989 way before the Deftones got famous :mellow: :eek: Wait I think I am right :eek:

And they'd go on tour with any band to get money. I mean limpbizkit, Metallica and Linkin Park and gonna bring loads of fans to the tour but it means that the Deftones are gonna get a lo of money off it to.

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

who cares what happens behind the music. Theyt deftones kick ass and I have not lost respect for them. Slipknot, korn, and limp bizkit always bags on LP. Its only about the music , not the relationships. Deftones could say that LP would not have started without them, and others can say that Deftones could not have started without Korn.

White Pony(turntables)

White Pony(turntables) Ambient

Deftones started 1989

heres the links to the whole article

http://www.deftonesworld.com/images/revolver1.jpg

http://www.deftonesworld.com/images/revolver2.jpg

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

You guys need to cool down the anger and think about this. Why would deftones have toured with LP and Taproot if they hated LP so much? That does not make sense. I think this quote was mislead, or chino was probably just be his drunk self. Think about it guys, deftones are best buddy bands with LP and Korn, especially with korn. Chino appeared on a track on Life is Peachy. I don't think he would have appeared if he supposedly hates Jon Davis.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Hey I didn't know about him on that track.

Yeah, we're overreacting because we're faithful LP fans. I guess he could have been drunk and just blabbering. ;)

Part.Of.Me

Part.Of.Me Banned

I just remembered: Stephen Carpenter from Deftones is on the mtvCRIBS: Linkin Park.. :wth: you guys remember? It can't be all bad..

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Riiiiiiiight, how could I forget? >_< Thanks for the reminder. Yeah, I guess it ain't all that bad.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

unless they're touring with bands they know will rake in cash, so they go on tours with them. that's a good possibility. Maybe it's just Chino. He's so full of himself.

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

I guess chino is like that, but don't get me wrong, he is not that bad of a guy. We are all caught up with our devotion to LP because LP is a group of really really nice people. There are not that many generous people like LP out in this world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.