Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I'll Be Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rocket Socks View Post
    This song is completely ruined by the ridiculously loud guitar that makes so you can hardly hear Chester in the chorus
    I though the loud guitar gave a punch to the song and made it more cool. Put down the guitar volume, and there you have it, your generic mellow pop rock song. Well, IBG is already a generic mellow pop rock song, but it would be even more noticable with quiet guitars...

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    If I had to pick out of IN MY REMAINS or I'LL BE GONE, I'd say I'LL BE GONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty19 View Post
    I though the loud guitar gave a punch to the song and made it more cool. Put down the guitar volume, and there you have it, your generic mellow pop rock song. Well, IBG is already a generic mellow pop rock song, but it would be even more noticable with quiet guitars...
    Pop rock? I don't see anything poppy in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Night of Neptune View Post
    Pop rock? I don't see anything poppy in it.
    It has the classical pop structure, a classic guitar progression, an anthemic catchy chorus, and soft vocals almost all the song. This is the definition of pop rock for me. Not that is bad or anything, but the fact is there are a tons of songs like this. My point was to say the loud guitars are making it less soft for a pop-rock song, so a little more "original" (big word, I know lol).
    Last edited by Qwerty19; 07-07-2012 at 11:55 AM.

This song became one of my least favorite on LT (after LGM). I find it very uninteresting.

LP Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by ragsta View Post
    I had high expectations for this track, but I'm a bit dissapointed. I'm not really fond of the main guitar.. it feels like this track is a bit ''Dead By Sunrise-ish''. Anyone else has this too?
    You crazy. This song exceeded all expectations. Absolutely love it
    http://www.last.fm/user/Darkmoonchild08
    www.facebook.com/dashriot <-- DJ Dash R!0T
    Hybrid Theory > Meteora > A Thousand Suns > Living Things >>>> Minutes To Midnight

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    After the album has worn in, I'll Be Gone is probably my favorite song. It was on of my favorite songs upon first listening and it has proven to have lasting power to it. Until it Breaks was in my top tier but it's novelty wore off quick, as did Lost in the Echo.

1. ROADS UNTRAVELED
    2. I'LL BE GONE
    3. POWERLESS

This list could easily rearranged in any order though. Obviously listing my 3 favorite songs from LT.

Leave a light, a light on. Filip's Avatar
    My only problem with Burn It Down, In My Remains and I'll Be Gone is the fact that they are too much alike.

Banned
    There's nothing good about this song, apart from how there are some guitar parts that are sort of interesting in the scheme of guitar parts you'd expect from Linkin Park. Owen Pallett was wasted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by shinformant View Post
    There's nothing good about this song
    How can you say there's nothing good about it? It has a killer chorus, guitars and it's a high energy track. It's not a masterpiece, but from the first 5 tracks on the album, which are supposed to be ''high-energy'' I'd say this one is the most enjoyable...

strings at the bridge soulds like No Roads Left's bridge
    May your love never end and if you need a friend, there's a seat here alongside me.

No control, no surprise.
    I didn't enjoy this track either. Kind of a waste of time - can barely hear or appreciate the orchestral arrangement.

I like this song :3. It's beautiful ^^. Chester's execution is nice, and I like the lyrics. The instrumental part is lovely as well. It all fits together nicely ^^.

Best song on the album, Chester's vocals are perfect and the instrumentation is 100 times better than IMR, which in my opinion is the worst song on the album. There is no doubt that IMR or IBG will be a single, just have to wait and find out which.

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shinformant View Post
    There's nothing good about this song, apart from how there are some guitar parts that are sort of interesting in the scheme of guitar parts you'd expect from Linkin Park. Owen Pallett was wasted on it.
    I thought the lyrics were great. They painted a lovely picture.

Take it how you take it, I'm the opposite of vacancy

These nice, poppy songs are never really great... I loved ATS because every track had such a powerful sound. I liked how one guy explained it on YT: ''very apocalyptic sound''.

IMR, BID and IBG are in my least favorite LP songs...

Ntr/Mssion
    Yeah, it sounds a bit like DBS, but that's nothing bad imo. I think it's the fifth best LT song after LITE, UIB, IMR, BID.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarks View Post
    These nice, poppy songs are never really great... I loved ATS because every track had such a powerful sound. I liked how one guy explained it on YT: ''very apocalyptic sound''.

IMR, BID and IBG are in my least favorite LP songs...
    Same here. Such boring songs.

Everything, in its right place..... Gibs's Avatar
    I was really disappointing by this track to the fact that I was having a string section written for it by Owen Pallet. Turns out you can only here it for what, 5 seconds when building up to the chorus? Disappointing.

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    I think if Owen Pallet had no affiliation with this song, more people would like it.

Thread Information