View Poll Results: Which Album do you enjoy more?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Living Things

    65 73.86%
  • Hybrid Theory

    23 26.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21
    >.<
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,408
    It's like this. Hybrid Theory will always hold a special place in my heart and nothing will ever change that. But obviously LIVING THINGS is a lot better. The songs are better written and a lot more meaningful to me.

  2. #22
    I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by bfoley4685 View Post
    Hybrid Theory in my opinion is one of the greatest albums of all time! Every song is great. You don't have to hit skip once. The thing with Hybrid Theory is they created a sound. The rapping,record skipping,beat boxing,singing,screaming,guitars,keyboards exct...it had such a energy and edge to it without being too metal or heavy. It's never been duplicated by another band. I love the evolution of the band but I miss that sound they invented. I guarantee most of the people who say Living Things is better are under the age of 27
    You're almost thirty and you type like that? Jesus Christ.

    Living Things. I'm not in high school anymore. I'm not as emotionally unstable as I was a couple of years ago. I hold no nostalgia for the shitty music I listened to back then like Saliva and Papa Roach. I listen to a myriad of genres. I have artists like Thelonious Monk, Florence + the Machine, Sigh, Juno Reactor and CunninLynguists on my iPod right now. I don't like to listen to an album that consists of the same song ten times over. Power chords are boring. Vague lyrics about teenager shit are boring. Verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus is boring. Pop-metal is fucking boring. Don Gilmore is a hack producer. Everything about that album is interchangeable. Everything about that album is derivative of Limp Bizkit or Deftones. Linkin Park were never as original as they claimed to be. They only had commercial success in a stagnant genre. Hybrid Theory does nothing for me.

    I'm not even gonna pussy-foot around and say, "Oh, Meteora was an uninspired piece of crap, but Hybrid Theory was way better!" No, Meteora was exactly the same as Hybrid Theory. So, I choose Living Things. Why? Because it's not a juvenile relic.
    Last edited by Spitz; 06-17-2012 at 08:46 AM.

  3. #23
    . Coldplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    17,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    You're almost thirty and you type like that? Jesus Christ.

    Living Things. I'm not in high school anymore. I'm not as emotionally unstable as I was a couple of years ago. I hold no nostalgia for the shitty music I listened to back then like Saliva and Papa Roach. I listen to a myriad of genres. I have artists like Thelonious Monk, Florence + the Machine, Sigh, Juno Reactor and CunninLynguists on my iPod right now. I don't like to listen to an album that consists of the same song ten times over. Power chords are boring. Vague lyrics about teenager shit are boring. Verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus is boring. Pop-metal is fucking boring. Don Gilmore is a hack producer. Everything about that album is interchangeable. Everything about that album is derivative of Limp Bizkit or Deftones. Linkin Park were never as original as they claimed to be. They only had commercial success in a stagnant genre. Hybrid Theory does nothing for me.

    I'm not even gonna pussy-foot around and say, "Oh, Meteora was a uninspired piece of crap, but Hybrid Theory was way better!" No, Meteora was exactly the same as Hybrid Theory. So, I choose Living Things. Why? Because it's not a juvenile relic.

  4. #24
    Spidey Fan SkullDevil217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    56
    As much as I love Hybrid Theory, I'm going to have to say Living Things. I connected with the album on a personal note far more, and I enjoyed everything about the songs, unlike Hybrid Theory in which all the songs represented anger and frustration with life. I myself can say that, as a teenager, I've enjoyed Linkin Park's evolution in their music and will continue to do so.
    May your love never end, and if you need a friend, there's a seat here alongside me.

  5. #25
    Ambient Qwerty19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgium - Charleroi
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    You're almost thirty and you type like that? Jesus Christ.

    Living Things. I'm not in high school anymore. I'm not as emotionally unstable as I was a couple of years ago. I hold no nostalgia for the shitty music I listened to back then like Saliva and Papa Roach. I listen to a myriad of genres. I have artists like Thelonious Monk, Florence + the Machine, Sigh, Juno Reactor and CunninLynguists on my iPod right now. I don't like to listen to an album that consists of the same song ten times over. Power chords are boring. Vague lyrics about teenager shit are boring. Verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus is boring. Pop-metal is fucking boring. Don Gilmore is a hack producer. Everything about that album is interchangeable. Everything about that album is derivative of Limp Bizkit or Deftones. Linkin Park were never as original as they claimed to be. They only had commercial success in a stagnant genre. Hybrid Theory does nothing for me.

    I'm not even gonna pussy-foot around and say, "Oh, Meteora was an uninspired piece of crap, but Hybrid Theory was way better!" No, Meteora was exactly the same as Hybrid Theory. So, I choose Living Things. Why? Because it's not a juvenile relic.
    Probably one of the most arrogant thing I've seen on this forum, it's almost scary. I f*cking hate the fact ATS turned some LP fans into f*cking elitists. I almost wish LT was mainstream shit, which would have made some of those "fans" go away and never come back.

    Know what? You're not a better or more intelligent person because you listen to "helonious Monk, Florence + the Machine, Sigh, Juno Reactor and CunninLynguists". Certainly not. Your post was like "Oh, look at what complex and amazing music I listen to, what a pity you still like shitty highschool music". If the purpose was to make you look superior, it didn't work with me.

    And before you goes on saying I'm propably an immature teen that listen to Disturbed and Papa Roach, I will say this: I'm studying politics in university, with success, I have a good life, no relationship problems, and will turn 21 in a month. I like Massive Attack, NIN, Arcade Fire, The Beatles, Pink Floyd. I also like Disturbed, Papa Roach, and Hybrid Theory. So yes, it's possible to enjoy both "teenager" music and complex music. I hate to go on a ego-trip like this, but I've seen it's sometimes necessary on this forum, because some people like Minus will think you're stupid otherwise. You should just stop with this "it's music for teenagers only, and it's shit" bullshit, because it just makes you look like a condescending cold guy.

    And by the way, you're bashing on HT because you're looking at it the wrong way. Some people happen to like when the music makes them headbang, and HT is perfect for that, it's just a fun album to jam to, it's no supposed to be complex. It's not the freaking goal. For what it is, it's incredibly great. Powerchords are not boring if well used. POA riff is killer. APFMH riff is killer. OSC riff is killer. The vibe in the songs are killer. Mike- Chester collaboration is killer. You don't like it because you're looking for complex art with rythm changes, complex structures. So this record is not for you. It doesn't mean it's shitty by anyway.
    Last edited by Qwerty19; 06-17-2012 at 10:19 AM.

  6. #26
    Como en madera y yeso! Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    8,304
    Now people turned to Hybrid Theory.

    Holy fuck.

    Please spare Minutes to Midnight!

    I feel like we start getting into a really dangerous territory when we start trying to write around the idea of what some third-party thought of what our music should be when they can't even comprehend on how to tell us what that thing is, or guide us in a direction that can get us there musically or creatively, or anything. You know, having to have a specific type of song; forcing music to conform to that frame of mind is causing a lot of noise to be in and it's getting away from the song. (...) Let's stop trying to do things that other people want us to do, and let's get back to just being fluid, and writing songs, coming with ideas, and being like, "hey, let's check this out", and grading things, and being honest.

  7. #27
    It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty19 View Post
    Probably one of the most arrogant thing I've seen on this forum, it's almost scary. I f*cking hate the fact ATS turned some LP fans into f*cking elitists. I almost wish LT was mainstream shit, which would have made some of those "fans" go away and never come back.

    Know what? You're not a better or more intelligent person because you listen to "helonious Monk, Florence + the Machine, Sigh, Juno Reactor and CunninLynguists". Certainly not. Your post was like "Oh, look at what complex and amazing music I listen to, what a pity you still like shitty highschool music". If the purpose was to make you look superior, it didn't work with me.

    And before you goes on saying I'm propably an immature teen that listen to Disturbed and Papa Roach, I will say this: I'm studying politics in university, with success, I have a good life, no relationship problems, and will turn 21 in a month. I like Massive Attack, NIN, Arcade Fire, The Beatles, Pink Floyd. I also like Disturbed, Papa Roach, and Hybrid Theory. So yes, it's possible to enjoy both "teenager" music and complex music. I hate to go on a ego-trip like this, but I've seen it's sometimes necessary on this forum, because some people like Minus will think you're stupid otherwise. You should just stop with this "it's music for teenagers only, and it's shit" bullshit, because it just makes you look like a condescending cold guy.

    And by the way, you're bashing on HT because you're looking at it the wrong way. Some people happen to like when the music makes them headbang, and HT is perfect for that, it's just a fun album to jam to, it's no supposed to be complex. It's not the freaking goal. For what it is, it's incredibly great. Powerchords are not boring if well used. POA riff is killer. APFMH riff is killer. OSC riff is killer. The vibe in the songs are killer. Mike- Chester collaboration is killer. You don't like it because you're looking for complex art with rythm changes, complex structures. So this record is not for you. It doesn't mean it's shitty by anyway.
    +1

  8. #28
    Goodnight, Raggedy man. Pidgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    9,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty19 View Post
    Probably one of the most arrogant thing I've seen on this forum, it's almost scary. I f*cking hate the fact ATS turned some LP fans into f*cking elitists. I almost wish LT was mainstream shit, which would have made some of those "fans" go away and never come back.

    Know what? You're not a better or more intelligent person because you listen to "helonious Monk, Florence + the Machine, Sigh, Juno Reactor and CunninLynguists". Certainly not. Your post was like "Oh, look at what complex and amazing music I listen to, what a pity you still like shitty highschool music". If the purpose was to make you look superior, it didn't work with me.

    And before you goes on saying I'm propably an immature teen that listen to Disturbed and Papa Roach, I will say this: I'm studying politics in university, with success, I have a good life, no relationship problems, and will turn 21 in a month. I like Massive Attack, NIN, Arcade Fire, The Beatles, Pink Floyd. I also like Disturbed, Papa Roach, and Hybrid Theory. So yes, it's possible to enjoy both "teenager" music and complex music. I hate to go on a ego-trip like this, but I've seen it's sometimes necessary on this forum, because some people like Minus will think you're stupid otherwise. You should just stop with this "it's music for teenagers only, and it's shit" bullshit, because it just makes you look like a condescending cold guy.

    And by the way, you're bashing on HT because you're looking at it the wrong way. Some people happen to like when the music makes them headbang, and HT is perfect for that, it's just a fun album to jam to, it's no supposed to be complex. It's not the freaking goal. For what it is, it's incredibly great. Powerchords are not boring if well used. POA riff is killer. APFMH riff is killer. OSC riff is killer. The vibe in the songs are killer. Mike- Chester collaboration is killer. You don't like it because you're looking for complex art with rythm changes, complex structures. So this record is not for you. It doesn't mean it's shitty by anyway.
    you sir, are a genious.

  9. #29
    I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    406
    you sir, are a genious.
    Okay. You can't spell "genius". That outta the way? Good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty19 View Post
    Probably one of the most arrogant thing I've seen on this forum, it's almost scary. I f*cking hate the fact ATS turned some LP fans into f*cking elitists. I almost wish LT was mainstream shit, which would have made some of those "fans" go away and never come back.
    Like it wasn't mainstream already?

    Know what? You're not a better or more intelligent person because you listen to "helonious Monk, Florence + the Machine, Sigh, Juno Reactor and CunninLynguists". Certainly not. Your post was like "Oh, look at what complex and amazing music I listen to, what a pity you still like shitty highschool music". If the purpose was to make you look superior, it didn't work with me.
    No, I'm not a better or more intelligent person because my taste in music is more "sophisticated" than those who like nu-metal. I'm more intelligent because my grammar is passable and I can articulate my points better than certain people who say stupid shit like, "Living Things is like Justin Bieber! It sucks."

    And before you goes on saying I'm propably an immature teen that listen to Disturbed and Papa Roach, I will say this: I'm studying politics in university, with success, I have a good life, no relationship problems, and will turn 21 in a month. I like Massive Attack, NIN, Arcade Fire, The Beatles, Pink Floyd. I also like Disturbed, Papa Roach, and Hybrid Theory. So yes, it's possible to enjoy both "teenager" music and complex music. I hate to go on a ego-trip like this, but I've seen it's sometimes necessary on this forum, because some people like Minus will think you're stupid otherwise. You should just stop with this "it's music for teenagers only, and it's shit" bullshit, because it just makes you look like a condescending cold guy.
    A condescending cold guy? Thanks, that's the attitude I try very hard to foster. But yeah, I do think people who still listen to Disturbed and Papa Roach have bad taste. Asylum was completely indistinguishable from Indestructible. Disturbed do nothing but regurgitate heavy metal cliches except with some cheap-ass electronics. Papa Roach ripped off riffs from Iron Maiden when they were a nu-metal band and when that stopped working for them, they switched to Motley Crue-lite. Sorry if I don't like to listen to crap.

    And by the way, you're bashing on HT because you're looking at it the wrong way. Some people happen to like when the music makes them headbang, and HT is perfect for that, it's just a fun album to jam to, it's no supposed to be complex. It's not the freaking goal. For what it is, it's incredibly great. Powerchords are not boring if well used. POA riff is killer. APFMH riff is killer. OSC riff is killer. The vibe in the songs are killer. Mike- Chester collaboration is killer. You don't like it because you're looking for complex art with rythm changes, complex structures. So this record is not for you. It doesn't mean it's shitty by anyway.
    Alright, this right here is what gets me. It's the music version of anti-intellectualism. I don't give a shit if the album is headbanging. There are millions of other albums that are headbanging. A few of those are enriching experiences to listen to. Hybrid Theory isn't one of them. This is like my little brother telling me that Mac Miller has great lyrics. He doesn't. He drones on about weed over some pre-programmed beat from FL Studio. So I don't let him play that shit when he's in my car. He wants to listen to music, he's listening to the Roots. I want his palette to expand. I don't want him listening to utter shit. The Roots are not that complex, but Questlove has an unshakable grasp of songwriting and Black Thought has an immaculate sense of meter. Hell, I consider my job done if my brother listens to Kanye West more than Lil Wayne. He may have the ego of an insufferable superstar, but damned if isn't justified by being this generation's Brian Wilson.

    Even by nu-metal standards, Hybrid Theory is a weak album. Why do people still flock to Limp Bizkit despite Fred's lack of charisma or talent? It's because the music had this duality of menace and fun. Why is Deftones pretty much the only band from that era to be considered unanimously good? It's because they were challenging musicians and Moreno's lyrics were way more abstract than their peers. To put it simply, I don't want my favorite band to be remembered for "Crawling".
    Last edited by Spitz; 06-17-2012 at 04:51 PM.

  10. #30
    I once again feel the need to ask, for the eight-hundred thousandth time, what part of "In the End and Numb were massive pop radio hits" meant that they just now became mainstream?

    Don't give me that "Well back then, REAL RAWK was mainstream!!!". It fucking wasn't.

  11. #31
    I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    406
    That's what makes me so incensed! They were never that good of a hard rock band. The over-driven guitars and screaming were there because it was en vogue. I'm befuddled every time I hear people saying they want nu-metal back, like the guitars automatically make it more "bad-ass" or something. I got into the band for the rapping and while Mike was never an impressive emcee, he surpassed his peers. Reanimation gives me more of that and less of the cookie-cutter aggression.
    Last edited by Spitz; 06-17-2012 at 05:26 PM.

  12. #32
    Ambient Qwerty19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgium - Charleroi
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Okay. You can't spell "genius". That outta the way? Good.


    Like it wasn't mainstream already?


    No, I'm not a better or more intelligent person because my taste in music is more "sophisticated" than those who like nu-metal. I'm more intelligent because my grammar is passable and I can articulate my points better than certain people who say stupid shit like, "Living Things is like Justin Bieber! It sucks."


    A condescending cold guy? Thanks, that's the attitude I try very hard to foster. But yeah, I do think people who still listen to Disturbed and Papa Roach have bad taste. Asylum was completely indistinguishable from Indestructible. Disturbed do nothing but regurgitate heavy metal cliches except with some cheap-ass electronics. Papa Roach ripped off riffs from Iron Maiden when they were a nu-metal band and when that stopped working for them, they switched to Motley Crue-lite. Sorry if I don't like to listen to crap.


    Alright, this right here is what gets me. It's the music version of anti-intellectualism. I don't give a shit if the album is headbanging. There are millions of other albums that are headbanging. A few of those are enriching experiences to listen to. Hybrid Theory isn't one of them. This is like my little brother telling me that Mac Miller has great lyrics. He doesn't. He drones on about weed over some pre-programmed beat from FL Studio. So I don't let him play that shit when he's in my car. He wants to listen to music, he's listening to the Roots. I want his palette to expand. I don't want him listening to utter shit. The Roots are not that complex, but Questlove has an unshakable grasp of songwriting and Black Thought has an immaculate sense of meter. Hell, I consider my job done if my brother listens to Kanye West more than Lil Wayne. He may have the ego of an insufferable superstar, but damned if isn't justified by being this generation's Brian Wilson.

    Even by nu-metal standards, Hybrid Theory is a weak album. Why do people still flock to Limp Bizkit despite Fred's lack of charisma or talent? It's because the music had this duality of menace and fun. Why is Deftones pretty much the only band from that era to be considered unanimously good? It's because they were challenging musicians and Moreno's lyrics were way more abstract than their peers.
    Well...More intelligent, don't listen to crap, I don't want him to listen to utter shit.... I can see you have a very big ego. If it can make you happy, good for you. I just hope the "decent grammar" thing was not an attack to me. English isn't my main language, so it would be a little bit stupid to point out my grammar errors.

    Anyway, yes, there are tons of headbanging records out there. But HT is not only a headbanging record, it's a good one. I'm the first one to reckon when a heavy record sounds generic or weak. I didn't like Asylum from Disturbed because of its similarity with Disturbed older work. But HT is a great record for me. I really think the HT riffs are awesome. I really think HT melodies are awesome. I really think the vibes in the songs are awesome. I really think vocal perfomances on that record are awesome. The simple structures don't bother me. I can agree that HT was nothing that revolutionary, but who cares if it sounded good? Honestly, who are you to decide if music is crap or not?

    Disturbed and Papa Roach might be influenced by classic hard rock and metal bands, but it doesn't necessarily make them bad. In this world, EVERY artist is influenced by one or another thing. On ATS, Iridescent guitar was very close to U2 style, Robot Boy melody was almost a copy of Hey joe melody, The Messenger was a classic acoustic song with more agressive vocals, Burning In The Sky was a classic pop song with a classic structure. So I suppose it makes ATS crap, by your standards?

    Seriously...
    Last edited by Qwerty19; 06-17-2012 at 05:36 PM.

  13. #33
    LPA VIP Ron Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Marquette, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    917
    Wow, how many times can you people argue over what is essentially the same argument? Its all opinion anyways.

    Anyways, at this point and time in my life and the 100 listens already put in with Living Things: Living Things wins.


    Agent O:Derek Long is the Ron Jeremy of LPA

  14. #34
    I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty19 View Post
    Well...More intelligent, don't listen to crap, I don't want him to listen to utter shit.... I can see you have a very big ego. If it can make you happy, good for you. I just hope the "decent grammar" thing was not an attack to me. English isn't my main language, so it would be a little bit stupid to point out my grammar errors.
    I want to be a rapper. Being an egomaniac is part of the job. The grammar bit wasn't necessarily directed at you, just to the people who have no understanding of capitalization or punctuation.

    Anyway, yes, there are tons of headbanging records out there. But HT is not only a headbanging record, it's a good one. I'm the first one to reckon when a heavy record sounds generic or weak. I didn't like Asylum from Disturbed because of its similarity with Disturbed older work. But HT is a great record for me. I really think the HT riffs are awesome. I really think HT melodies are awesome. I really think the vibes in the songs are awesome. I really think vocal perfomances on that record are awesome. The simple structures don't bother me. I can agree that HT was nothing that revolutionary, but who cares if it sounded good? Honestly, who are you to decide if music is crap or not?
    I have ears and until recently, a music collection that spanned every genre and, if played front-to-back, would last for almost two months. I think that gives me a good base to work from.

    Disturbed and Papa Roach might be influenced by classic hard rock and metal bands, but it doesn't necessarily make them bad. In this world, EVERY artist is influenced by one or another thing. On ATS, Iridescent guitar was very close to U2 style, Robot Boy melody was almost a copy of Hey joe melody, The Messenger was a classic acoustic song with more agressive vocals. So I suppose it makes ATS crap, by your standards?

    Seriously...
    The Messenger was crap because the music didn't fit the vocals at all and was a poor followup to The Catalyst. Taking preexisting melodies and recontextualizing them is absolutely fine with me. Sampling is a fine practice and its detractors should take a crash course in Paul's Boutique, It Takes a Nation of Millions to Stop Us and Endtroducing. However, basing your career around someone else's sound is bullshit. It tells me that the only reason you got famous was because you're an opportunistic leech. Take Wolfmother for example. The only reason that band got popular was because they mined dadrock that appealed to Guitar Hero-playing twelve year olds who were tired of post-grunge and pop-punk.
    Last edited by Spitz; 06-17-2012 at 05:51 PM.

  15. #35
    Ambient Qwerty19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgium - Charleroi
    Posts
    1,807
    About your last post, let me just say that I have also a very large collection of music, and I like HT.

    Anyway I'm leaving it at this. I admit the "You're almost thirty and you type like that? Jesus Christ." comment pissed me off. A little. I don't want to go on endless discussions about this, it would lead nowhere.
    Last edited by Qwerty19; 06-17-2012 at 05:53 PM.

  16. #36
    Est. 2K12 @LP2K12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Minus View Post
    I don't think age has anything to do with it. And with LP, it's slightly unfair. Think of the type of people LP attracted with the ANGST-filled album in 2001. Of course they'd be in their 20s now. Your point is true in that the greater percentage of LP's fans are in their early 20s, but that has nothing to do with their taste in music.

    As a musician, I find the band's newer work to be superior and more enjoyable to listen to. That has nothing to do with age. Age shouldn't matter in a music discussion like this. Does my age make me unable to properly enjoy certain kinds of music? Does the fact that I'm under 27 automatically mean that I'll like this or that more?

    Based on your argument, then there would be a higher percentage of people that liked A Thousand Suns more than Hybrid Theory, and I can assure you that this is false. The forum here isn't a good representation of the LP fanbase; the forum-goers here (for the most part) are more intelligent than the average LP fan. If you were to do a poll of the complete LP fanbase, I guarantee you more under-27s would agree with you and not me about albums like ATS and LT compared to HT and Meteora.
    Exactly! So, I'm 26. I'll be 27 in February, does that mean on that magical date my preference for certain LP albums will change and shift like the polarity of the Earth's poles? No way, dude.
    2013 Concerts:
    Imagine Dragons (Orlando House of Blues, 15 Feb 13)
    Imagine Dragons (St. Augustine Amp, 11 May 13)
    Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees, NKOTB (AMWAY Arena, 21 Jun 13)

    The Original @LP2K12
    www.InkedUpMess.com

  17. #37
    DunkCity Blake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    You're almost thirty and you type like that? Jesus Christ.

    Living Things. I'm not in high school anymore. I'm not as emotionally unstable as I was a couple of years ago. I hold no nostalgia for the shitty music I listened to back then like Saliva and Papa Roach.
    You think Papa Roach and Saliva suck now? Get out. Now.

    But I agree that LT is better than HT, but it has nothing to do with age
    Last edited by Blake; 06-18-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    2013 Concerts:
    February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
    April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
    June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
    September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
    December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

    2014 Concerts:
    February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
    September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
    September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    Formerly known as Bliss / Dementia

  18. #38
    There's nothing to fear but fear itself
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    513
    In my opinion, LIVING THINGS.

  19. #39
    No control, no surprise.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    8,117
    Let's keep things calm, everyone. Thanks.

  20. #40
    Satisfaction is the death of Desire Ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cameron Park, CA
    Posts
    834
    I'll have to go with Living Things as well. There's so much nostalgia backing Hybrid Theory, and it's the album that not only got me into Linkin Park, but rock music itself. That "sound" is what got me into them, and as I've grown, my musical tastes have broadened substantially, but I'll always hold Hybrid Theory near and dear because of what it is to me.

    An unbiased answer, however, would conclude that Living Things is by far superior in terms of quality. Not only that, I ENJOY it more than Hybrid Theory. Their melodies have improved, their lyrics and songwriting as a whole have improved, and that's to be expected. They're taking the electronics that are making all the shitty pop artists out there popular, and creating a modernized, and still unique, rock subgenre that has so much more depth to it than anything that they've ever done. This is unique, this is originality, but it's not originality for the sake of originality like A Thousand Suns was. This album feels genuine, so the uniqueness combined with the effortless flow of the songs puts this at the top of their discography for me.

    Some will disregard everything I've said at reading this next point: Meteora was my favorite album by Linkin Park. It took the Hybrid Theory SOUND I loved, and built on it, if ever so slightly. That said, Living Things even tops Meteora for me. I really didn't think Linkin Park would ever manage to do that, but they have. It actually got me emotional when I got to Roads Untraveled, because I knew that they still had so much in them, that they weren't just wandering aimlessly anymore and trying to, once again, be original for the sake of being original.

    Anyways, I know I went off on a tangent there, but Living Things is a work of art. I love it, and I'm sure a lot of people will with all the sounds offered. It definitely tops Linkin Park's works for me so far, and I'm beyond excited to not only see these songs played live, but to see what comes next.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •