Best & Worst LIVING THINGS Tracks

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Kmid24, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I can't help that when I listen to the song, I usually feel silly and embarrassed for myself. I don't have anything against the way the song is, it just makes me feel silly listening to it.

2. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Why does every Living Things discussion dissolve into how much people hate Lost In The Echo? It's not brought up and then suddenly someone feels the need to bash the song for no purpose other than to gloat their opinion.

I prefer the new Linkin Park. I can count the amount of old nu-metal songs I like from them on a single hand. Almost everything from Minutes To Midnight on I consider superior. I praise A Thousand Suns as their most ambitious album and most close to being a masterpiece. However at the same time, Lost In The Echo has been in my top 5 songs ever since Living Things released. It's the new-age anthem the band has been striving for since the end of Meteora.

Calling it nu-metal is like calling Lies Greed Misery dubstep. Just saying.

3. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

This is truth.

4. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

It's nothing like the old music except the structure. The lyrics are bad, the flow is off, the music is. . . Bleh. Like Xero said, I just feel silly listening to it.

5. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

In my opinion,

the best ones are Castle of Glass and Until It Breaks.

My favorite is I'll Be Gone.

And the worst one is Burn It Down.

6. Nick Hart

Nick Hart Well-Known Member

Best songs: Roads Untraveled, Powerless, In My Remains

Worst songs: Lies Greed Misery, Burn It Down, rest of the album...

7. Fuhji

Fuhji Member

Favourite: LOST IN THE ECHO
    Worst: SKIN TO BONE

8. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The flow in BURN IT DOWN is off. LOST IN THE ECHO is what I believe to be a genuine, fully developed track that served as a solid ode to their debut and sophomore records without being the actual intent behind the song. It played to the band's strengths, and they hit the mark with this track. The song provided for enough intriguing elements to separate itself from their older tracks and definitely holds its own identity.

I understand that the lyrics might be a little melodramatic and childish for some, but the foundation of their success was built upon these facets. I just sat back and enjoyed it without being over critical; it's an energetic warm-up for the listener, and a primer for the surprises ahead on the album.