LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. OmarAbaza999

OmarAbaza999 Active Member

OMG!!! i just registered here because of living things
    for people to know my taste this is the best albums so far by LP
    1.hybrid theory
    2.meteora
    3.minutes to midnight
    4.a thousand suns
    now that i have listened to living things i gotta say its a tie with meteora
    it is a bit better than M2M and much better than ATS!!!!

i have downloaded the full album with good quality, not sure if giving a link in a personal message is allowed or not cuz i know that posting here is not allowed.
    someone please answer me because i dont want to be banned on my first day here :dafuq:

2. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

just like the others have told ya, i was talking about victimized length not the whole album length, so don't tell me to shut up man and get your facts right before u open ur mouth smart ass!

3. Jakks

Jakks Point 0

Being a long time fan and loving everything theyve put out over the years. Ive been listening to this all day and out of the 12 I only like 10 of the songs

Ones I don't like

Roads Untraveled - Nice lyrics and music but the overuse of the woo ohh completely kills the song, i always see this as a way to just fan a song out

Until It Breaks - Starts off good but quickly turns into a complete mess. I know it's mixes genres together but it just doesn't flow. Brads singing makes my skin crawl, sounds like he should be in a choir. People seem to be liking it just for the fact he sings on it

Overall it's another solid release just a shame about the above two songs

4. OmarAbaza999

OmarAbaza999 Active Member

for me this is a rating for each song on the album out of 10:

Lost In The Echo - 10
    In My Remains - 9
    Burn It Down - 8
    Lies Greed Misery - 9
    I'll Be Gone - 10
    Castle of Glass - 7
    Victimized - 9
    Roads Untravelled - 7
    Skin to Bone - 9
    Until It Breaks - 8
    Tinfoil/Powerless - 7

I dunno WTF they were SMOKING to choose burn it down as the first single :obama:
    lost in the echo should have been the first single because to be honest, this song will get their "old" fans back and is an absolute LANDMARK in rock history :WTF:
    imo, other singles should include ill be gone, in my remains, skin to bone and maybe victimized or lies greed misery

as a whole iam really really REALLY FUKIN IMPRESSED. after i heard burn it down and lie greed misery i was wondering how did this album get so much positive reviews by critics, now i know why :shinado:

agree with you about roads untravelled but i disagree a bit with you on UIB the mixing of genres doesnt completely make it a mess, up until brad sings the song is a 9 and as soon as brad sings and with the transition i give it a 7 thats why i give it a solid 8

gotta retreat on until it breaks, i find the song absoultely amazing till the whooaoaoa started and prolonged it with no words being said
    if the part with no singing had some words being sung in it this song could have gotten a huge 9/10 imho though the whoaoa doesnt completely ruin it as i can see this song being in a western movie and its very catchy and the lyrics which ARE present are absolutely genius :awesome: so i give it an 8 instead of a 7 :rastamike:

5. Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

Hi.

When are you leaving?

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I don't think you know what song you're talking about.

7. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

OmarAbaza999 - No, don't send links to illegal downloads via private message as you will get banned for that. Also, please don't triple or double post. If you wish to add more to your post then just edit your previous post please.

8. Rwey964637

Rwey964637 Active Member

I find it very interesting that 99% of the reviews of this album were possitive, I was really starting to wonder where all the people who don't actually like it were, low and behold one person finally rips the album to shreds and the rest come flowing in right behind lol. It's like noone wants to be the first to hate the album...I personally love it, I actually like the fact there are so many genres mashed into one album as well as the songs. This post isn't to bash anyone who doesn't like the album because everyone has their own tastes and opinions and I respect that.

9. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

because this album has everything people want...including the haters..they are now satisfied.

10. CloserStep

CloserStep Ash to ashes, dust to dust

I think Skin to Bone needs a bit more lovin', I reckon its one of the best!

Also, anyone interested in how they will play these live?

11. Castle of Glass is the song of my LIFE.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

THANK YOU. I feel like it's ATS all over again with that song. People hating it just because it's different. It's an excellently composed song and has a lot of layers to it.

13. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

SKIN TO BONE is my favorite song off LIVING THINGS.

14. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

Heres my take as a fan of this band since 2000

LITE-10/10 I ave always appreciated the different paths this band has decided to take musically but fell in love back in 2000 when HT was released to this day every listen it sounds fresh like hearing it for the first time I had never heard music so diverse. This is perhaps the last throw back to those HT times you can say nu-metal if you like but it's just plain KICK ASS! Mike rapping with about as much intensity as he's ever used and Chester reminding me why him Matt Bellamy of MUSE and Tom Chaplin of KEANE are the 3 best male vocalist alive and overall 3 of the best if not the best of all time. This song will be HUGE in sales and exposure will liken back to HT this song will be so played on radios 10 years from now it will have "In the end" and "Numb" like plays on radio.

IMR-10/10 Amazing intro and rite back to the PHENOMENAL vocal prowess of Chester this track I imagine is being heavily considered by the band and Warner to be a single at somepoint hope it gets a shot with so many "single-worthy" tracks on LT and knowing that LITE will basically either be the next single or at least in the next 6 months. Mike's part at the end of this song adds a layer to the song that only he could give and you only ever find at least IMO on a Linkin Park song.

BID-10/10 Loved the song from day one great imagery used and a very epic vocal by Chester who has never dissappointed a chorus that I have EVER heard him sing, the way he says "burn" in the chorus is such a great choice of note. Mike rapping always cool and the tracks melodic structure just grooves and fits even better when hearing on the album in it's proper place, this song may not be for every LP fan but I love it's anthemic vibe and LP plays to such big crowds a new anthem is great and played extremely well during their pre-album tour they just finished.

LGM-10/10 Following LITE that "old-school" feel is very present but with a new edge very streamlined and this one is fast over before you know it. Once again hearing Mike spit out rymes with such fluid aggresion not since Meteora have I heard him so on point, Chester reallys sings his ass of building to a very nu-metal climatic finish which you want to last forever an amazing "in your face" song that will be in setlist rotation for many years I hope since it plays even better live. I love the experimental softer LP but only Mike and Chester can do justice to the "rap-rock" formula so to hear it still work and be so incredible after all these years is a welcome trip back in time.

IBG-10/10 This song reminds of Chesters work on "Out of Ashes" and thats a great thing IMO because I love hearing him sing and it's always nice to hear him sing high and out. The instrumentation is fantastic and the chorus just soars could easily be a single but wether it is or not Chester proves yet again why LP has been so successful a lot of it is due to Mike and the rest of the band all contributing but without Chester Bennington as lead vocalist this band would have NEVER reached the level of fame they have and continue to maintain.

COG-10/10 Lyrically this song really reminds me of just how great the really in-depth song writing from this band can be. The arrangement is so unlike the melodic flow and Mike taking the primary lead vocal is an excellent choice his tone always brings a different layer to LP it's very seldom he's singing lead but so far every song he does never makes you wish Chester was singing which matters most to me. The folk element really shines here and it's unlike any song I have heard nice to know LP is still pushing as many boundaries as possible with each record.

VICTIMIZED-10/10 Every member get's in on the action it feels like the music they began making rite when Chester first joined the band it's very all over the place in the best posiible way IMO. Mike's verse is so rapid fire can't believe just how many intense bars he's spitting on this new album so refreshing since he's one of my all time favorite emcee's. Chester's gutteral screams are so intense I know he's grown "more passionate" and overall I'd take singing to screaming but only Chester can hit those demonic notes with such brutal explosion. The guitar is great loud and shredding and hearing the scrach of Joe as the song ends just brings back all the memories of the HT EP and all their pre titled Linkin Park work hope to hear this live someday.

RU-101/10 The mood of this track is haunting and also uplifting the content of whats being said is just masterful IMO. The mixing on this album is so well done the way Mike takes lead with Chester backing him up and then reverse is genius and when Chester begins his verse I get chills of just how delicate his notes are. Another folk inspired song and LP can do folk like this anytime as far as I'm concerned their take on that genre or at least how they view is spectacular. Hearing the "WHOA-OH'S" just takes me on such an emotional journey this is a song that if they play live at some point will earn a HUGE round of applause from each crowd.

STB-10/10 The melody is out of this world and although very simple the words pack a lot of power when Mike's voice shifts into Chesters that moment just ignites something in me just beautiful. The synths are so wicked and seeing how short the song is I hope the band finds room in every setlist from now on to showcase this beauty another taste of folk inspiration and it's executed perfectly.

UIB-101/10 Originally listening I thought that VICTIMIZED was the most diverse and bizare song but not even close. For the last time on the album were treated an assault of Shinoda dropping bars like a BEAST! The rapid-fire rapping transitions into a beautiful part of Chester with a very uplifitng mesage then back to Mike leaving other emcee's in the dust with very choice words you can tell on this album he wanted the world to still no dont fuck with him or his band. In the most suprizing vocal of all time Brad sings a very mezmerizing closing section that elevates the tracks epicness and bizare factor cant wait to hear him do it live. This song shows that overall this band makes music for THEM and that's how it should it be no other band band makes music this diverse LP always have been a genre in of its self and this songs just further cements that IMO.

TINFOIL-10/10 Basically the intro to the EPIC closing track POWERLESS and it sets a very chilling tone that is built and carried into the last song Joe really can set a mood and he does it with this piece in almost no time at all.

POWERLESS-10/10 This almost tops TLTGYA as best album closer for but I dont think that any song will ever match that as a closing piece for me but this song is EPIC and a perfect ending to a PERFECT album IMO. Chester sings with such passion and the sadness and defeat in his voice when he first says "powerless" is so moving. This songs builds and builds with Chester macthing it's tone and intensity note to note the arrangement on this track is flawless IMO and as Chester belts his last note and the song fades into silence your left at the end of a OUTSTANDING ride through all that Linkin Park can do up till now because if this album proves anything it's that this band is always changing and we have only just begun at album 5 to scratch the surface of all that LP can do with music.

In closing LIVING THINGS finally knocks off HYBRID THEROY for me as the best Linkin Park album and pushes ATS to 3rd LIVING THINGS is a MASTERPIECE! Hopefully this will finally get them their honor of "Album of the Year Grammy" if not it still wont take away that is one of the greatest albums EVER made in the history of music and at just under 37 minutes it's hard to believe it goes by so fast. HYBRID THEROY was why I fell in love back in 2000 what made me take notice still to this day it sounds fresh becasue of how groundbreaking it was to music IMO but LIVING THINGS showcases what the band has grown to be giving a nod to all they have done and even some new territory explored and in about the same time it took HYBRID THEROY at the same length. The depth shown musically is STUNNING! Chester is arguably the greatest voclasit of ALL TIME! Mike one of the BEST EMCEE'S EVER! As well as true legend in songwriting and production. This band may be the most diverse in the history of music so in-depth so varried in just how they can execute a song and constantly adding to their "toolbox". Hopefully one day when critics and the general public get over their bashing of this band they will get the RESPECT they deserve until then happier than ever to a fan from the start.

THANK YOU LINKIN PARK
    FOR ALL THE YEARS OF EVOLVING MUSIC
    AND FOR MAKING THIS NOT ONLY YOUR FASTEST RELEASED ALBUM EVER
    BUT ALSO YOUR BEST
    LINKIN PARK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

Oh almost forgot to mention I FULLY SUPPORT THIS BAND.
    Pre-bought the album rite away and if a $100.00 plus dollar version had been offered I would have gladly bought it.
    LINKIN PARK deserve EVERY cent they have EVER made.

16. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

i LOVE STB, its one of my favorites,

sounds bit like Muse, its just a sexy song,

DAT SYNTH DAT BEAT its just pefect

17. Ant

Ant Ambient

Haha?

18. Ridiculously Photogenic

Ridiculously Photogenic Active Member

Does anyone else think Skin to Bone sounds like it could pretty much land itself in 808s & Heartbreak? The compression done to Mike's voice sounds incredibly similar to what Kanye West would do to his back in that album. Even the production of the track holds similarities in ways.

19. Ant

Ant Ambient

Anyone else notice the subtle changes to the "Burn it Down" and "Lies Greed Misery" mixes? (Not going to go through all 43 pages to find out...)

I quite like the changes. "Burn it Down" is more atmospheric and electro with the additions and some volume adjustments. The drums stand out more in "Lies Greed Misery," which is fantastic.

Edit: Also, this post from the Kanye forum summed up my thoughts perfectly:
    http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=799.2322

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  20. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

LOLWUT.

Numb isn't very good at all, while Powerless is epic as fuck.

Only song by them that's a better closer is TLTGYA.