LIVING THINGS Impressions from M6Music + Linkin Park Interview with ABCDane

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 14, 2012.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park are busy getting ready to release their new album, LIVING THINGS, which is set for release in a couple weeks and as always with an album launch, there's lots of media and interviews in the build to the release. Check out an interview with Chester from ABCDane.net below courtesy of Mike Shinoda Clan and a brief preview of LIVING THINGS from French music website M6Music.

M6Music sat down with Mike Shinoda and Phoenix for a video interview. The interview will be aired later this month but for now you can check out their electro-rific track by track impressions of LIVING THINGS.

M6Music LIVING THINGS Track impressions: (Thanks to alexbism and -NodA- for the translation)

Lost in the Echo: Big song for an intro. Mike shinoda is vocally omnipresent . The ambiance and the "general universel sound" is electro!
    In My Remains: Another electro song . Really heavy and melodic. The chorus is catchy!
    Burn It Down: 1st Single, between new wave, rock ,metal and electro.
    Lies Greed Misery: Another really electro song, which sometimes reminds you of Skrillex.
    I'll be Gone: We slow down a little with this mid tempo and decidedly epic song.
    Castle of Glass: Song that sounds like a continuation of "A Thousand Suns".
    Victimized: Really Electro and up tempo song. The most violent of the album.
    Roads Untraveled: Nice ballad, mostly on the piano.
    Skin to Bone: Epic song, the chorus alsmost sounds 80sh, which musically reminds of the 80s Animes, this song is original.
    Until it Breaks: Complex and vast song. From dub to hip-hop. Numerous rythm changes and atmospheres. A UFO. [Yes, we have no idea]
    Tinfoil: Calm electro interlude, the intro of "Powerless".
    Powerless: "Power ballad", very Linkin Parkish , Perfect to close the album.

-

Chester had an interview with ABCDane where he spoke about Mike Shinoda and some tracks from LIVING THINGS.

Chester Bennington interview with ABCDane.net (Thanks to Mike Shinoda Clan / Hiro and Karin for the translation)

Mike Shinoda is an inspiration:
    Chester member of Linkin Park is really only a person with the talent, and our secret weapon is Mike Shinoda. His existence in itself is inspiration. Because he works harder than anyone whom I met and He always makes anything and always works and always search quality of the levels beyond the human being. It is a really extraordinary thing. Therefore when there is him near, oneself can continue wanting to make an effort seriously, and it comes to be so possible.

He overwhelms me to make a good album. Then he supports me naturally not to think of various things not to fall into self-satisfaction. And because all the members have a voice in this band,
    I do not start instructions I sit down, and Mike does not do such a thing.

We have a system of very good checks and balances. Therefore when somebody becomes negligent and gains weight and comes in sandals on a day of important photography, we must regard the looks as important. Because it is demanded that a Rock star can see us, then it is not good.
    I am going to begin to think that it is blessed to have these which do not stop paying attention.
    There is not this with the thing which I had in my hand by nature.
    Because I was not given such a splendid chance free of charge.

Because, as for that we can get along, fan loves our music. This is not the thing that is possible for anyone in a really special thing. Therefore all such things become one and do support doing what oneself should do.”

LIES GREED MISERY is deep, just like the Linkin Park we know:
    “This song was one of the rare kinds that just came out of nowhere. Mike told me to scream anything, just let out my anger and I did just that. Before we realized it, we had a song on our hands. In the beginning it seemed too pop, like a tune you could dance to. We had to take out the party vibe and add a darker ‘I’m enjoying your destruction’ element to it. I think this song represents the kind of emotions that arise from standing up to a bully, or when a tyrant is taken down and the people are celebrating around his grave. Like I said, it’s a really dark song, but it also has a weird ‘pizza party’ kind of feel to it. Maybe the combination of crazy style and symphony has something to do with that. You’re at a party outdoors, drinking margaritas, hanging with tanned people, maybe swimming… then you play this song. I mean, it is a party song after all.

But that’s not all, you start screaming out loud. I hope you choke on your lies, swallow up your pride, suffer all alone in your misery. And well… it’s a terrible thing to say to someone. This song is incredibly complicated, mentally unstable maybe, but brilliant at the same time.”

Victimized shows the band in their true form:
    “In a way, Victimized is also an insane song. It starts with what sounds like folk… then rapidly dips into Hip-Hop, Punk Rock, Death Metal and back to Folk music. It’s just crazy, in a way there’s no real meaning to it. One of the things I like about our new album is that we included a song like this. It’s because of these things that I love our band so much. We have so many different faces… you can’t really pin us to one location, and that’s exactly what we’ve been aiming for.”

Unexpected reactions to BURN IT DOWN:
    “It’s interesting, since ‘BURN IT DOWN’ was released, we’ve been getting a lot of e-mails from people saying something like, ‘I can finally work out to your music again.’ It’s something we never even considered while making this album. You don’t really think, ‘This song is perfect for doing push-ups to!’ or ‘I can’t wait to jog while playing this song.’ But it made us happy to hear these things, because it meant that this album has a lot of energy. ‘LOST IN THE ECHO’ and ‘IN MY REMAINS’ are both… reminiscent of our earlier days. Didn’t the album make you want to do push-ups? I don’t know why, but it makes me want to go out and exercise!”

-

As a bonus here is a "review" of LIVING THINGS from a Michael Gallucci that was published today, where he describes the album as "fist-pumping bro-rock". This one is up there with the Rolling Stone A Thousand Suns Review.

Source: ABCDane | M6Music via Mike Shinoda Clan | SeanLP608 | alexbism | -NodA- |

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

So guys, I was wondering, is there gonna be any electro music on this new album?

Joe

I doubt it. I can't see anything that would suggest there will be. :kappa:

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

LGM sounds nothing like skrillex

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It's actually a bit surprising to me to see Victimized be Electro. Gotta hear the song, so much to wonder about it.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Exactly what I thought. :lol:

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

WOW electro is the new toolbox

Zumi

Zumi Sanji-like

Special news, guys

I'm looking forward to Castle of Glass.

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Victimized is gonna be death metal?

Oh lord, count me in! This description has already pumped me up

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Ooh, Until it Breaks sounds sexy.

Damn, so much technology must have been used on this album

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Wat?
    [​IMG]

Joe

FYI. I posted these for the comedic value more than anything.

giorgoslp

giorgoslp Banned

"Burn It Down: 1st Single, between new wave, rock ,metal and electro."

stopped reading there

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Really interesting descriptions :leo:

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Lol at the two "reviews" at the end there. :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

"A UFO" :error:.

Try-hard Chimi

Try-hard Chimi Well-Known Member

lgm sounds like skrillex while it doesn't even sound anything like that... that's why i hate these reviews...

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It starts with what sounds like folk… then rapidly dips into Hip-Hop, Punk Rock, Death Metal and back to Folk music- Victimized will sure be interesting to hear.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

All that in 107 seconds!