My Opinion on A Thousand Suns (for anyone who cares :P)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CylockDNB, Jun 14, 2012.

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

Guys, I was never "begging" for more guitars. I absolutely loved the sound that the tracks on ATS had, I just didn't mention it in my post. What I meant to say is that LP shouldn't have been purposely opposed to the idea of using heavy guitars on sparse moments of the album that may have benefited from them. My most fitting example is Blackout. Towards the end when it's building up, you're kind of expecting it to blow up in a sense, and it ultimately doesn't. Some nice heavier guitars would have suited that section of the song marvelously. I didn't mean to say that I'm sad about the sound change because I never was. I totally welcomed it and even enjoyed it. My point was entirely different to how it was interpreted above by a few of you.

Also, another thing I want to clarify is that I admit I didn't know what the difference was between a concept record and a rock opera, so Xero21, I accept that you're right on that and I was wrong.

I do very much like the album and I am actually listening to (enjoying) it as I type this, my intentions were simply to share a few gripes I had with the record. We're all fans and we can discuss our opinions in a fair manner, right? :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Empty Spaces is intended as an intro to WTCFM. The outro to WTCFM with Brad on the megaphone tied Empty Spaces to the song. I still think that the reason it is a seperate track was to make it optional for radio play. Even though WTCFM never got the chance to be a single, that makes most sense. Brad on WTCFM would have been way more random as well if Empty Spaces didn't exist. I look at it as the quiet yin to the chaotic yang of the WTCFM outro. The purpose of ES/WTCFM as a whole in series with the "concept" of what was going on with the album was to show how quickly something can spiral out of control. If Empty Spaces didn't exist at all, the point of having the chaotic escalation of WTCFM wouldn't have been as defined within the context of ATS.