Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headphones.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeon View Post
    Dude beats are a horrid investment. That's all that really needs to be said here. Stay away from beats, stay away from skullcandy. Other than that you can't go too horribly wrong.
    I just had a talk with my dad's friend on phone, he said Seinheier is great.
    But I also need those Headphones for my neck too..xD

Hey, fuck the Solo HD's they suck. Go for the Beats Mixr's, best headphones ever. Period. I'm not exaggerating, they pratically are perfect and have the NEW controltalk, opposed to Solo's. And you can twist the earcups so you can hear people talk while you listen to music.
    There's loads of other features too: Get them, you can't go wrong, i've had mine for a couple of weeks now and they are just too good.

http://beatsbydre.com/products/Produ...id=B6497&cat=1

instagram & twitter: @evanfass Filthy's Avatar
    I would HIGHLY recommend these guys. Haven't let me down yet, I even use them at the gym. Amazing sound quality that won't break the bank http://m.cnet.com/reviews/klipsch-im.../33577358?ds=1
    Formerly known as Voltage.

adam.posey: I guess you're just SO FILTHY! HA! Badum ching.

I'd buy Bose or Sennheiser, better audio quality, Beats are overpriced.

Bose is one of the masters at being overpriced

Klipsch and AIAIAI headphones are always brilliant.

audio-technica. Response levels seem to be equalized. Zane helped me out on this purchase. But yeah Senns are boss as well.

Agent O:Derek Long is the Ron Jeremy of LPA

Goodnight, Raggedy man. Pidgeon's Avatar
    I don't what model they are but I just bought a pair of relatively cheap panasonics. Excellent bass and the frequency response is slightly less than my old senns.

bittersweet and' cross that horizon cradle's Avatar
    Im using a Sony MDR-V500DJ in the booth. Average quality cheap good for beating around and djing. Not home/studio quality though.

Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    Bose is one of the masters at being overpriced
    Yes they are a bit expensive but you get quality in return, they also have the best noise cancelling the industry. Sennheiser has superior audio quality.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... m_macdonald's Avatar
    Sennheiser HD650s changed the way I enjoy music, and changed the way I engineer and mix music. In the last two years that I've had them, my critical listening has improved incredibly (aided, in part, by just how revealing and detailed the HD650s are) and I am a better mixer for it. I've also come across a number of magazine reviewers (Sound On Sound for example) and a number of working professionals (including Mastering engineers) who rely on HD650s for their headphone monitoring. I've never read a bad thing about them, and I very rarely see any other products compared with them (occasionally some AKG K models).

Please excuse me, as I could discuss audio gear all day. In short: Sennheiser HD650s are beautiful.
    BundleOfNerves: Mike just comes out of the gates swinging, though.
    Thanks LPA for selecting me as 'Monthly Mix-Up' Winner for:
    October '11 (Dance-Pop), November '11 (Mash-Ups), March '12 (Hip Hop) and November '12 (Castle Of Glass)
    and as a Runner-Up for: July '12 (Burn It Down) and October '12 (I'll Be Gone/Victimized/In My Remains).

Check out a whole host of awesome winners and runners-up right here: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/...ad.php?t=35375
    To follow more of my music, check out: http://soundcloud.com/m_macdonald

Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Yes they are a bit expensive but you get quality in return, they also have the best noise cancelling the industry. Sennheiser has superior audio quality.
    I have quiet comforts and the bass is insane and I cant hear shit around me. I know a lot of audiophiles dislike Bose but I have to say I enjoy some their products.

Quote Originally Posted by m_macdonald View Post
    Sennheiser HD650s changed the way I enjoy music, and changed the way I engineer and mix music. In the last two years that I've had them, my critical listening has improved incredibly (aided, in part, by just how revealing and detailed the HD650s are) and I am a better mixer for it. I've also come across a number of magazine reviewers (Sound On Sound for example) and a number of working professionals (including Mastering engineers) who rely on HD650s for their headphone monitoring. I've never read a bad thing about them, and I very rarely see any other products compared with them (occasionally some AKG K models).

Please excuse me, as I could discuss audio gear all day. In short: Sennheiser HD650s are beautiful.
    I dont have that model (I have the 595's) but imo Senns rule the can's industry. The clarity is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
    I have quiet comforts and the bass is insane and I cant hear shit around me. I know a lot of audiophiles dislike Bose but I have to say I enjoy some their products.
    I have them too, they're awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by m_macdonald View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post

I dont have that model (I have the 595's) but imo Senns rule the can's industry. The clarity is amazing.

I currently have one of the lower end Sennheisers (HD429's) and they sound fantastic.
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

Formerly known as JESEFF.

'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. Flagrare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I currently have one of the lower end Sennheisers (HD429's) and they sound fantastic.
    I have to buy one someday. In Brazil they are VERY expensive. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Anelle Botha
    FLAGRARE
    you naughty boy

Goodnight, Raggedy man. Pidgeon's Avatar
    I had senns and lost them (fucking expensive headphones to just up and fucking lose BTW) and what I didn't realize about them is that they're not very bassy. Didn't really know the difference between studio and personal until then. So if your looking some straight badass headphones sennheiser might not be the best. But for studio none better. Had the HD280's.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... m_macdonald's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeon View Post
    I had senns and lost them (fucking expensive headphones to just up and fucking lose BTW) and what I didn't realize about them is that they're not very bassy. Didn't really know the difference between studio and personal until then. So if your looking some straight badass headphones sennheiser might not be the best. But for studio none better. Had the HD280's.
    Yes, this is definitely a good point. In my opinion, my Sennheiser HD650 headphones give me a very accurate, faithful recreation of music, with a relatively flat, even frequency response, but with that said, they won't be the bassiest headphones you ever hear. This works fine for me - I love bass, but I like it even and in proportion with the rest of the mix.

If you want super loud, low, rattle your skull sub, probably look elsewhere (some in-ear phones might provide this, due to the fact that they actually make a physical connection with your ear canal to aid the bass response).

On a slightly unrelated note, yesterday I tried my friend's "JBL On Stage" iPod dock, and I was astonished at how good such a small set of speakers sounded. I've never really used an iPod dock, the last one I remember using was tinny and cheap sounding (like bad laptop speakers). This was pretty astonishing. I'm considering buying one to use as a reference for playing mixes on.

For non-noise cancelling, go with the Koss Portapros. They may leak a bit of noise, and they have no isolation, but you can get em on Amazon for thirty or forty bucks. Sound quality, IMO, is better than Beats Solos and rivals many $100-$200 headphones. Furthermore, they come with lifetime warranty AND are from a trusted manufacturer, in fact the company that invented the stereo headphones. They're pretty highly regarded in the audiophile community.

http://www.koss.com/en/products/head..._Ear_Headphone

Thread Information