Will LIVING THINGS Debut at no.1 This time?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by dontFindOutMe, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

LP's last four records had directly entered the billboard 200 charts at no. 1. Will Living things be able to continue this tradition? Actually, i am a bit worried because this time they are facing a stiff competition from one much more mainstream band(Maroon 5-their album "overexposed" also comes out on 26). What do you guys think of this? Post your thoughts below...

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Don't forget Justin Bieber's album comes out on the 19th, LP will get completely stomped, highly unlikely they'll get one.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

^ True.

For a few months I've known they'd be releasing Living Things the same day as Overexposed. However, I thought LP might be able to beat Maroon 5. However, when I saw Justin Beiber's album releases a week before Living Things, I knew that there was literally no hope. This world is a fucked up place when Linkin Park can be beaten by Justin Beiber.

Victor

Victor Member

Who knows, usually on the Billboard it is mostly rap music, but then again same thing happened in 2010, and I think that debuted in the top 10.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Don't forget Usher. But yeah, Maroon 5 and Justin Bieber would most likely get #1 and 2, especially since Maroon 5 decided to jump on the pop bandwagon (not that I'm saying it's a bad thing), and Bieber is being, well, Bieber. :(

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

I remember posting about this in a different thread a long time ago. Listen guys, we REALLY need to make this happen for Linkin Park. If LIVING THINGS reaches the number 1 spot, Linkin Park will tie with Metallica and The Dave Mathews Band for having 5 consecutive number 1 albums. It will be truly remarkable, so please, pick up a copy lol.

theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

I feel like less people would be inclined to buy a m5 album. LP has a large fanbase that'll be buying. If JB comes out a week before (most second week sales drop hard) so I think LP can manage. Usher might be an issue. but i feel Usher/M5 have single appeal as opposed to people wanting to buy albums

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

THIS. Stop being so pessimistic guys. We can still win this battle. Tell everyone you know. Tell your mom, dad, brother, sister, cousins, grandmother, grandfather, neighbors and even strangers! lol but nah seriously we can win this. I understand that Maroon 5 have become more mainstream thanks to Moves Like Jagger but LP has outsold them everytime. Let's get to work and sell some albums. I know I'm going to give it my best shot!

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

My only question is - do the pre-sales from linkinpark.com count? I'd assume they do.

crazygolfer

Absolutely.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't. It's all album sales.

dontFindOutMe

When is usher album coming out?

dontFindOutMe

do anyone have a speculation about how many copies will Living things sell in its debut week. For thousand suns it was 241000>i dont want it to drop below it

crazygolfer

June 12th.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Maroon 5 only just jumped on the pop band wagon?? They were there as soon as "Songs About Jane" dropped.

On LP hitting No. 1, I think people are underestimating their appeal to a wide range of people. Bieber sells to teenage girls, while LP sells to teenagers, people in their 20's and 30's. I'm confident of a victory.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I predict it'll debut at #3, behind Bieber and Maroon 5 (it's pretty much a toss-up as to whether or not Maroon 5 will debut at #1). Maroon 5's last album sold nearly twice what A Thousand Suns did in its first week, and Bieber's second-week sales will probably still top LP's first-week sales. LP's album-selling power dropped a LOT when A Thousand Suns came out. Yes, LP still sold 281,000 copies of ATS in its first week, but they'll likely need to top half a million to have Living Things debut at #1. Their album sales aren't magically going to double, guys. Not with as many fans as they've alienated over the past 5 years.

Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

Don't forget the share to earn program! I think this is more important than many think. 1. The preorder link pretty much flooded Twitter for a while 2. many fans preordered more than 1 album to support other fans or the fansites in their own share to earn program. Also, Burn it Down charted better than the ATS singles, so if that is a trend for the album, I expect more sales for Living Things. Of course that doesn't mean they can beat Bieber etc., but aren't those kids more the download generation than the LP fans?

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Are fans of Justin Bieber and Maroon 5 more likely to download (illegally) the album than LP fans? The LP fanbase is unique in how loyal they are to the band - Even though everyone keeps harping on about leaks, I'm pretty sure most of the people on this site alone have pre-ordered or are going to buy the album (some even twice). Plus, this album seems to be less extreme than ATS so the alienated fans might decide to try it out. Stay positive, LT will get to #1.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Yeah, you're right. :) And if they reach #1, don't forget cradle's promise! :kappa:
    (for those who doesn't know what cradle's promise was, look at Zane's signature)

dontFindOutMe

How many copies will it sell in its debut week? Any speculations?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.