Will LIVING THINGS Debut at no.1 This time?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by dontFindOutMe, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I would't say so.

Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

Of course LP will reach the #1 spot everywhere, because all fans will buy an album and according to Facebook LP have over 40 million fans! See, it's an easy calculation. :obama:

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

To put in perspective, when ATS was getting ready to come out and people were saying shit like "It's this generations Kid A and Dark Side of the Moon!", it still only beat out a barely promoted Trey Songz album by a thousand copies. I don't think anyone expects it to bomb, but there's a very good chance that the days of nabbing the number one slot are done.

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

This. Unfortunately...

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

On facebook people like an artist page because they like/know one of his songs.

dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Wake up from dreams and step up into reality.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

BIEBER! :cocainefan:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm not really caring where it debuts at. As long as it is good music to me, I can give not one fuck about what everyone else thinks about it.

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

Still, the teenage community is fucked up.

Geki

Geki >.

Beiber won't last forever. He has his popularity now, but sooner or later, he will no longer matter in the public eye. It's like that with all the pop stars. LP will stand the test of time, they will always sell albums. This is only their 5th album! I think it will do well, a lot better than ATS did, but not number 1 on the charts..

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure she was saying that as a joke

When ATS came out, a lot of people were also alienated and said that they wanted the music to go back to "the old LP", it was a very polarising album and it still sold well. Without reaching into either extreme, I'd say there is a big enough faction of core LP fans who would buy the album. Plus, LT will bring the more casual listeners back to the band as well, so expect some sales there.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

A lot of you are over-estimating other artists. Only one debut this year has sold over 300,000 in an opening week, which was Madonna.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Yeah but Bieber will easily top that, and will have good second week sales also, but maybe not as strong of second week sales as some people think

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Actually I don't think we should be worried about Bieber. Yes, he'll easily top 300,000 in the opening week, but the second week sales will take a big hit. Maroon 5 are the only competition IMO. If it wasn't for "Moves Like Jagger" this would be in the bag. It'll be a lot closer than what people think.

Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing that out, Nish! Though I'm wondering if Princu was joking as well...:leo:

I agree with that. I think Living Things has a better chance of getting the top spot than the experimental ATS, and since ATS got it in 15 countries, I expect at least 50 countries for LT (JOKE).

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Exactly right. I was more responding to your comment about it not getting anywhere close to #1. I think it will most certainly make top 3. Currently predicting #2, but I of course hope that I'm wrong.

Curious to know if the 'LIVING THINGS REMIXED' offer will make any difference whatsoever (from the addition of international sales that other albums may not be getting). I'm assuming that those sales from LP.com will count towards first week sales in the US. Let me give you guys an example:

I would regularly download the leak, then buy 1 or 2 copies of the local edition when it is released. Since pre-ordering from LP.com came with LTR, I've pre-ordered 2 copies from there. I'll also be buying the local release (since it comes out a few days in advance of the US). However, as you can see, I've now contributed the sale of 2 albums in the US that I may not have under normal circumstances.

Hope that makes sense?

Lpfanatica

Lpfanatica New Member

According to me LP will debut at No.1 maroon 5's last album sold 142000 copies in first week whereas LP sold 241000 with ATS... Also m5's overexposed do not chart on iTunes store whereas Livung things is constant in top 100 from past few weeks... Justin beiber's new album open on 19th... So JB Won't be a problem as albums drop hard in 2nd week... As of usher his album opens on 12th with predicted sales of 130000 and thus usher will not harm LP as his album then would be entering 3rd week

millertd0513

millertd0513 Member

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet most of the M5 fanbase will just download it or only get a few songs. Same with Beiber.

One does not simply buy only one Linkin Park track.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

No, the album sucks.

:trollface:

/obviouslykidding

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

omg I laughed so hard at your sig XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.