Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    It's Like I'm Paranoid... Princu's Avatar

Unhappy Will LIVING THINGS Debut at no.1 This time?

LP's last four records had directly entered the billboard 200 charts at no. 1. Will Living things be able to continue this tradition? Actually, i am a bit worried because this time they are facing a stiff competition from one much more mainstream band(Maroon 5-their album "overexposed" also comes out on 26). What do you guys think of this? Post your thoughts below...

KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked Jack_Farrell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princu View Post
    LP's last four records had directly entered the billboard 200 charts at no. 1. Will Living things be able to continue this tradition? Actually, i am a bit worried because this time they are facing a stiff competition from one much more mainstream band(Maroon 5-their album "overexposed" also comes out on 26). What do you guys think of this? Post your thoughts below...
    Don't forget Justin Bieber's album comes out on the 19th, LP will get completely stomped, highly unlikely they'll get one.

Satisfaction is the death of Desire Ben's Avatar
    ^ True.

For a few months I've known they'd be releasing Living Things the same day as Overexposed. However, I thought LP might be able to beat Maroon 5. However, when I saw Justin Beiber's album releases a week before Living Things, I knew that there was literally no hope. This world is a fucked up place when Linkin Park can be beaten by Justin Beiber.

Who knows, usually on the Billboard it is mostly rap music, but then again same thing happened in 2010, and I think that debuted in the top 10.

Waiting for the OTHER end to come The Joesen One's Avatar
    Don't forget Usher. But yeah, Maroon 5 and Justin Bieber would most likely get #1 and 2, especially since Maroon 5 decided to jump on the pop bandwagon (not that I'm saying it's a bad thing), and Bieber is being, well, Bieber.
    ALL YOU NEED IS KILL

FORMERLY KNOWN AS PHILSFAN

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    I remember posting about this in a different thread a long time ago. Listen guys, we REALLY need to make this happen for Linkin Park. If LIVING THINGS reaches the number 1 spot, Linkin Park will tie with Metallica and The Dave Mathews Band for having 5 consecutive number 1 albums. It will be truly remarkable, so please, pick up a copy lol.

I feel like less people would be inclined to buy a m5 album. LP has a large fanbase that'll be buying. If JB comes out a week before (most second week sales drop hard) so I think LP can manage. Usher might be an issue. but i feel Usher/M5 have single appeal as opposed to people wanting to buy albums
    [RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by Seanlp608 View Post
    I remember posting about this in a different thread a long time ago. Listen guys, we REALLY need to make this happen for Linkin Park. If LIVING THINGS reaches the number 1 spot, Linkin Park will tie with Metallica and The Dave Mathews Band for having 5 consecutive number 1 albums. It will be truly remarkable, so please, pick up a copy lol.
    THIS. Stop being so pessimistic guys. We can still win this battle. Tell everyone you know. Tell your mom, dad, brother, sister, cousins, grandmother, grandfather, neighbors and even strangers! lol but nah seriously we can win this. I understand that Maroon 5 have become more mainstream thanks to Moves Like Jagger but LP has outsold them everytime. Let's get to work and sell some albums. I know I'm going to give it my best shot!

I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    My only question is - do the pre-sales from linkinpark.com count? I'd assume they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    - Xero the twenty-first
    3/29/12 - Was the groom in the first ever LPA marriage!

Formerly known as Xero21 Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by IISUPERXEROI View Post
    Mike is having the midlife crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Xero21 View Post
    My only question is - do the pre-sales from linkinpark.com count? I'd assume they do.
    Absolutely.

Five Star General Infantry Controller JESEFF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero21 View Post
    I wouldn't see why they wouldn't. It's all album sales.
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

Formerly known as Zombie Jeff

When is usher album coming out?

do anyone have a speculation about how many copies will Living things sell in its debut week. For thousand suns it was 241000>i dont want it to drop below it

Quote Originally Posted by Princu View Post
    When is usher album coming out?
    June 12th.

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Maroon 5 only just jumped on the pop band wagon?? They were there as soon as "Songs About Jane" dropped.

On LP hitting No. 1, I think people are underestimating their appeal to a wide range of people. Bieber sells to teenage girls, while LP sells to teenagers, people in their 20's and 30's. I'm confident of a victory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I predict it'll debut at #3, behind Bieber and Maroon 5 (it's pretty much a toss-up as to whether or not Maroon 5 will debut at #1). Maroon 5's last album sold nearly twice what A Thousand Suns did in its first week, and Bieber's second-week sales will probably still top LP's first-week sales. LP's album-selling power dropped a LOT when A Thousand Suns came out. Yes, LP still sold 281,000 copies of ATS in its first week, but they'll likely need to top half a million to have Living Things debut at #1. Their album sales aren't magically going to double, guys. Not with as many fans as they've alienated over the past 5 years.
    O o
    /Ż___________________________________
    |IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZER BLARRRRRGHHHH
    \_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Don't forget the share to earn program! I think this is more important than many think. 1. The preorder link pretty much flooded Twitter for a while 2. many fans preordered more than 1 album to support other fans or the fansites in their own share to earn program. Also, Burn it Down charted better than the ATS singles, so if that is a trend for the album, I expect more sales for Living Things. Of course that doesn't mean they can beat Bieber etc., but aren't those kids more the download generation than the LP fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Adiek84 View Post
    Don't forget the share to earn program! I think this is more important than many think. 1. The preorder link pretty much flooded Twitter for a while 2. many fans preordered more than 1 album to support other fans or the fansites in their own share to earn program. Also, Burn it Down charted better than the ATS singles, so if that is a trend for the album, I expect more sales for Living Things. Of course that doesn't mean they can beat Bieber etc., but aren't those kids more the download generation than the LP fans?
    I was thinking the same thing. Are fans of Justin Bieber and Maroon 5 more likely to download (illegally) the album than LP fans? The LP fanbase is unique in how loyal they are to the band - Even though everyone keeps harping on about leaks, I'm pretty sure most of the people on this site alone have pre-ordered or are going to buy the album (some even twice). Plus, this album seems to be less extreme than ATS so the alienated fans might decide to try it out. Stay positive, LT will get to #1.
    [✔] Firing Squad

[] Line Up

Nish: I've seen enough Shoutbox to know where this is going

Waiting for the OTHER end to come The Joesen One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theycallmepraya View Post
    I feel like less people would be inclined to buy a m5 album. LP has a large fanbase that'll be buying. If JB comes out a week before (most second week sales drop hard) so I think LP can manage. Usher might be an issue. but i feel Usher/M5 have single appeal as opposed to people wanting to buy albums
    Yeah, you're right. And if they reach #1, don't forget cradle's promise!
    (for those who doesn't know what cradle's promise was, look at Zane's signature)

How many copies will it sell in its debut week? Any speculations?

Thread Information