Evanescence VS Linkin Park.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, May 30, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Whether we like to admit it or not, we’ve all heard the comparisons of Evanescence and Linkin Park. Every critic says that Evanescence is the "female version of Linkin Park." Do you know how bullshit that is?

First off, "Bring Me To Life" isn’t the lead single from Evanescence’s major-label debut album, Fallen—it’s the lead single from Daredevil: The Album.

Second, Paul McCoy of 12 Stones is not rapping in "Bring Me To Life," he is singing. Anyone who’s heard any 12 Stones songs would know that. There is no rapping on their debut album and there’s no rapping on "Bring Me To Life," it’s just the way he was singing his verse.

Third, the rest of Fallen is so different from Linkin Park that I have no idea where the hell the comparisons come from. I have nothing against LP and I think their music is epic in its own sense, but all the songs on Fallen, including "Bring Me To Life," are very epic.

The guitars are very different from Linkin Park and there are way more string arrangements and piano and electronic elements in Evanescence’s songs (both old and new). Why, you ask? Well it’s simple: Evanescence is a Gothic metal band. Their style of music is very different from Linkin Park’s.

I’ve even seen some comparisons go as far as to say that "My Immortal" is a copy of LP’s "My December." That’s a fat lie. Evanescence wrote "My Immortal" long before LP ever wrote "My December." It’s been on every one of their releases since they wrote it in 1999; "My December" was written in 2000.

I’ve also heard that Amy Lee’s vocals rival that of Chester Bennington’s vocals. Don’t get me wrong, but how can you compare a female singer—someone who never screams her lyrics—to someone like Chester who is constantly screaming out parts of his lyrics?

I know that some of you agree with me as well. Evanescence and Linkin Park are two worlds apart. While it may be true that the band doesn’t neccesarily "like" Linkin Park, they don’t "hate" them either; Amy Lee even said she’d love to tour with LP and KoRn if they ever got the chance.

Ben Moody, the guitarist, also respects Mike Shinoda. Does that mean that they have to be all buddy-buddy and worship Linkin Park and listen to them? No. They have rights and their entitled to their opinions. I’m tired of seeing people hate on Evanescence just because they don’t like LP.

Ben said that the only thing out of Linkin Park that the band is inspired by is their electronica elements. No, that doesn’t count Joe’s turntabling because there’s no turntabling on any of Evanescence’s song. However, Evanescence has been using their own electronica element since they were conceived.

There’s my rant for today, I hope some of you will finally understand that Linkin Park and Evanescence are nothing alike. Paul McCoy of 12 Stones doesn’t rap in "Bring Me To Life," and none of Evanescence’s songs sound anything like any Linkin Park song.

Edit: Just to prove how different they are, the 6th track on Evanescence’s album, "Tourniquet," is a cover of a death-metal song by Soul Embraced entitled "My Tourniquet." Would Linkin Park ever cover a death metal song? I think not.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

No. They are completely different bands. Although, I've never heard anyone comparing them. :huh:

Will

Oh trust me. There are loads of comparisons.

"Evanescence is the female version of Linkin Park!"

"Evanescence is Linkin Park for adults!"

"Evanescence copies off of Linkin Park!"

All bullshit, all lies. All bullshit lies.

Oh trust me. There are loads of comparisons.

"Evanescence is the female version of Linkin Park!"

"Evanescence is Linkin Park for adults!"

"Evanescence copies off of Linkin Park!"

All bullshit, all lies. All bullshit lies. [/b][/quote]
    the first one i read that in a Kerrang! magazine

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Yeah, and their all over the Evanescence boards.

never been on the evanesence boards

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

wow, that rant was intense!

that's true, Paul McCoy isn't rapping, he's aggressively singing. Mike raps, he doens't. I'm pretty tired of seeing comparisons, too.

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

how can people even compare LP with evanescence. Evanescence sucks

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Evanescence is a great band but I don't know how people can compare them to Linkin Park. I have Evanescence's cd and they definitely do not resemble Linkin Park in any way.

Will

I find it funny that you say that yet when people say that the Deftones suck you get all defensive and stuff.

You really annoy me.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I also want to clear up another rumor here as well.

Yes, Ben and Amy did date each other at one point. I beleive that they were married at one point, but it just didn't work out (Just to set things clear on this, I'm still not even sure if they married or not at one pont).

~Self-Proclaimed Evanescence Guru

Will

I heard that they were together at one point but I'd heard nothing of them being married at all.

~ Follower of TwoFacedSoul, Self-Proclaimed Evanescence Guru.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I find it funny that you say that yet when people say that the Deftones suck you get all defensive and stuff.

You really annoy me. [/b][/quote]
    well, it's his opinion and it's like you don't liking 50 Cent...

Linkin Park and Evanescence are both great bands. Mostly Linkin Park. For me. No comparison can be made. They are nothing alike. And yes Will, I strongly agree with you 100% that they are all bullsh*t.

Will

well, it's his opinion and it's like you don't liking 50 Cent...

Linkin Park and Evanescence are both great bands. Mostly Linkin Park. For me. No comparison can be made. They are nothing alike. And yes Will, I strongly agree with you 100% that they are all bullsh*t. [/b][/quote]
    No, no... My point about him is that he's got to comment on every band that everyone likes, and if they like predominantly punk bands he gets on their case about not liking metal bands.

Wouldn't you get annoyed too?

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

No, no... My point about him is that he's got to comment on every band that everyone likes, and if they like predominantly punk bands he gets on their case about not liking metal bands.

Wouldn't you get annoyed too? [/b][/quote]
    yeah. I guess your right.

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

they're completely different bands.. i hate people who say that they evannesence is the female counterpart of LP.. i guess LP's music is richer.. i don't know what's with me but i don't really like evannesence that much.. but "bring me to life" is a really good song.. i just think it is kind of getting to be overplayed..

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Thanks Will ^_^

I am getting sick of a lot of people saying to me "You only like Evanescence because the are the female version of Linkin Park." It is so annoying. Then I have to explain to them a lot of that stuff you said. They still dont believe me.
    And then I get the "You shouldnt like them because they hate LP!" from some people I meet on the net. :angry: Some people are so stupid.

I never heard "Evanescence is Linkin Park for adults!" or anything like that before...

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I do get annoyed :lol:

If Evanescence were the same as Linkin Park then I'd probably like them. Don't get me wrong I have heard all of Fallen and I like some songs it's just I don't like most of them ^_^

Rybullet

Rybullet Well-Known Member

I know Evanescence and Linkin Park are completely different...... But on 'Bring Me To Life' I think that their label almost tried to get them to be a mimic of LP in a way by adding Paul McCoy.......... It just seemed like that to me......... O well.........

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

I respect your rant, and I hate that people compare the two bands. The two bands are NOTHING alike, and you proved that quite nicely.