Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    It's Like I'm Paranoid... Stino LPLeaks's Avatar
    To the people that are complaining about this video...

IT'S JUST A LYRIC VIDEO!! Of course it's minimalistic, they just want you to be able to read what they're singing. That's all!

They know that thousands of people will make their own lyric video and STILL they're making this official one. I say, thank you LP cause they don't have to do this.
    Proud admin of the unofficial LP fansite www.lpleaks.com.
    Follow us on Facebook too! www.facebook.com/linkinparkleaks.

Living Things pull the strings insanefanboy's Avatar
    WOW! Just wow. I REALLY like that song, I take it that it's gonna be the new single? (PLEASE!!!)

And the art on the lyric video is very impressive too. I'm LOVING the sound of this album the more I hear it.

I disagree with an earlier post, I think this album has lots of soul, and I 100% approve of the sound the album is going for.

My one complaint is the editing at the beginning, it's a little, well jarring to be honest.

But other then that keep up the good work.
    Insanity is freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Lost In the Echo View Post
    I really like it

It would be cool if they release a lyric video like this for every song in the album (with a different figure on every song), so we can put them together and watch and listen to LIVING THINGS on tv
    Weird, I was thinking exactly the same thing! It would be pretty bad ass if they did that

LPA team
    Quote Originally Posted by insanefanboy View Post
    WOW! Just wow. I REALLY like that song, I take it that it's gonna be the new single? (PLEASE!!!)

And the art on the lyric video is very impressive too. I'm LOVING the sound of this album the more I hear it.

I disagree with an earlier post, I think this album has lots of soul, and I 100% approve of the sound the album is going for.

My one complaint is the editing at the beginning, it's a little, well jarring to be honest.

But other then that keep up the good work.
    Is this the first time you've heard the song? It's been out for a few weeks now, haha.

The official is so much better. 1: The lyrics are actually synced up to the song properly. 2: The artwork is amazing. 3: It's a lyric video, and thus the main point should be the lyrics, not showing off how many talents you has with After Effects.

The lyrics video made by Gust pwns this shit.
    yawk yawk

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Is this the first time you've heard the song? It's been out for a few weeks now, haha.
    Yeah I know that, I just promised myself that I wasn't going to listen to any song from LT that wasn't a single, until the album was released, but I just couldn't help myself.
    Oh well.

Waiting for the OTHER end to come Philsfan's Avatar
    I don't think "Lies Greed Misery" would do really well as a single. Look what happened to "Given Up".

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey ... stuff MKH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the enigma View Post
    The official is so much better. 1: The lyrics are actually synced up to the song properly. 2: The artwork is amazing. 3: It's a lyric video, and thus the main point should be the lyrics, not showing off how many talents you has with After Effects.
    Haters gonna hate.

Personally, Gust's should have been seen by the band and management and then relinquished all rights to it for a wealthy sum to be used as the band's official lyric video for LGM

Quote Originally Posted by LPphilsfan15 View Post
    I don't think "Lies Greed Misery" would do really well as a single. Look what happened to "Given Up".
    Given Up is the heaviest track on MTM yet its chart performance was not that great...

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    Quote Originally Posted by LPphilsfan15 View Post
    I agree, 30 second screaming usually doesn't appeal to mainstream radio listeners, even those who listen to rock stations.

Master of Ceremonies Cookie Monster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knt.Slbs View Post
    Given Up is the heaviest track on MTM yet its chart performance was not that great...
    That and it doesn't really come across as single material. Heavy doesn't really appeal much to radio, oddly enough.

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    That and it doesn't really come across as single material. Heavy doesn't really appeal much to radio, oddly enough.
    Yeah, it's not really 2003 anymore ;P

They're eating all my shotgun smiles ...

Waiting for the OTHER end to come Philsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteforce View Post
    Yeah, it's not really 2003 anymore ;P
    I remembered reading an article describing LP's music describing their old music as "radio friendly (well, radio-friendly in 2003; good luck with it now)."

To the above posts saying that LGM wouldn't be great as a single, and using Given Up as an example, I can see where your coming from.

But considering LGM doesn't have swearing in it and is damn catchy, I reckon it could just about make it as a single. I mean look at Faint, that had awesome catchy rapping and a lot of screaming, and look how popular that was. Hell I remember that being played on the radio all the time here.

I say this NOT to start a major flame war, and yes the screaming (while AWESOME) may cause some of today's crowd of music listeners to make it not chart too well as a single, and that would be bad.

As mentioned before though, Linkin Park singles with lots of screaming have charted well in the past, like my favorite on Crawling.

Seeking tenderness with a dagger Dinobot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by insanefanboy View Post
    As mentioned before though, Linkin Park singles with lots of screaming have charted well in the past, like my favorite on Crawling.
    Yeah, because it was the music that sold at the time. That was the whole point of the discussion.
    *YOUR AD HERE*

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Yeah, because it was the music that sold at the time. That was the whole point of the discussion.
    Yeah, this. ^^

There's no one else to blame... RazorEye's Avatar
    Why is the artwork in this era so friggin' amazing?

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorEye View Post
    Why is the artwork in this era so friggin' amazing?
    I don't know. but I love it!

Burdened With Glorious Purpose Hybrid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    This. A Decade is like 3 lifetimes worth of mainstream musical change. New music coming out is drastically different than what it was.

Thread Information