Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    I greatly appreciate finally getting this rmx and I quite enjoy it ... but I also have to say that I've heard RAC do a lot better.

What if I never even see you 'cause we're both on a stage?

wow that was weak sauce. im guessing lies greed and misery will be next. hopefully it delivers
    [RIGHT]

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Being the first one of the remixes, maybe it has been a bit rushed and the quality has suffered for that. They've been real busy over the last few months.

So with that said, the rest have much longer to be worked on, with the final one having at least 8 months of thought put into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    I don't mind it. Obviously they're going to be a little rushed but I still enjoyed it.

anyone have/make/find something to use as the album art for this remix collection? or a proper name for it? I know it sounds anal and that's because it is I need a 'proper' fanbase album title for these and some kind of cover art for all of my linkin park collection

This is indeed a dope remix, anyone who disagrees simply has a very conservative sense of either music as a whole, or just Burn It Down

Quote Originally Posted by 2xPutt View Post
    anyone have/make/find something to use as the album art for this remix collection? or a proper name for it? I know it sounds anal and that's because it is I need a 'proper' fanbase album title for these and some kind of cover art for all of my linkin park collection
    I put this together really quickly in Photoshop (CS6 ) earlier and it's what I've been using.

Thumbnail
    Last edited by MKH; 06-02-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m_macdonald View Post
    I think it's pretty cool! I like 2:54 when the snare/claps come in, and I like Mike's "When you fall..." rap during the last chorus probably better than I do in the original.

The persistent four-to-the-floor dance kick is cool but a little bit overpowering how the whole mix ducks slightly on every hit. It's cool though.

I'm not sure if it's quite Reanimation standard, but cool stuff all the same.

Edit: Also, I echo sentiments that Derek made some time ago when he mentioned his hope that LP release some acapellas from Living Things. This remix is dope but I'd love to have a chance to try my own Burn It Down remix.
    You would probably do a lot better job on this than RAC.
    Coming 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Top2Bottom View Post
    Being the first one of the remixes, maybe it has been a bit rushed and the quality has suffered for that. They've been real busy over the last few months.

So with that said, the rest have much longer to be worked on, with the final one having at least 8 months of thought put into it.
    LP didn't do this remix...

EDIT :: Apologies for the double post.

It's Like I'm Paranoid... Stino LPLeaks's Avatar
    I really like the beat at the end. Good remix!
    Proud admin of the unofficial LP fansite www.lpleaks.com.
    Follow us on Facebook too! www.facebook.com/linkinparkleaks.

I liked the whole thing. Was kinda soft and soothing. It gets a thumbs up from me! But also a thumbs down cause I have no email yet.

Linkin Park "Burn It Down" Live at Billboards HD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naY7gkiBD-s
    Wolflink on getting his copy of Living Things
    wolflink: i preordered through LPA so im screwed

The remix is totally far from the REANIMATION's STANDARDS.... I thought Mike did the remixes by himself... I wish Mike would do the remixes that actually lives up to the REANIMATION's vibe and energy.. Aside from REANIMATION, LOATR was the BEAST remixed by Shinoda... I hope its like that...

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    I still don't have my email yet

I actually just listened to this once as soon as it was released and went about my day. Now I'm craving to listen to it. It' pulling me in slowly! haha

That being said, still not feeling the filter on Mikes rap.
    [✔] Firing Squad

[] Line Up

Nish: I've seen enough Shoutbox to know where this is going

I actually really really like this remix....except for the rap part haha.
    A Thousand Suns=Hybrid Theory > LIVING THINGS > Minutes to Midnight > Meteora

Quote Originally Posted by Knt.Slbs View Post
    The remix is totally far from the REANIMATION's STANDARDS.... I thought Mike did the remixes by himself... I wish Mike would do the remixes that actually lives up to the REANIMATION's vibe and energy.. Aside from REANIMATION, LOATR was the BEAST remixed by Shinoda... I hope its like that...
    90% of Reanimation wasn't even done by Mike...and it wasn't a rushed album like this rushed remix.

Waiting for the OTHER end to come The Joesen One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knt.Slbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    90% of Reanimation wasn't even done by Mike...and it wasn't a rushed album like this rushed remix.
    Mike PRODUCED the entire Reanimation, but he only made "P5Hng Me A*wy", "By_Myslf" and "Krwlng".

But I still like the remix. Could be better though.

FORMERLY KNOWN AS PHILSFAN

It's Like I'm Paranoid... m_macdonald's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chihuasG View Post
    If you look through the .ipa on the Linkin Park GP app there's actually some BURN IT DOWN stems you can extract.
    The acapella (taken from the app) is also on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnMJi6wq1aI

EDIT: As for the remix itself, I don't like it. It seems kind of weak especially for being an official remix.
    Great idea! Not being an iPad user myself, I hadn't considered the possibility that this game (and maybe future iPad app games from other artists) could be a source of stems. It might help to fill some of the void that the Guitar Hero games will leave behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    You would probably do a lot better job on this than RAC.
    Many thanks! I do enjoy the RAC remix though. Perhaps in my spare time I'll play around with some BID remix ideas - might be fun.
    BundleOfNerves: Mike just comes out of the gates swinging, though.
    Thanks LPA for selecting me as 'Monthly Mix-Up' Winner for:
    October '11 (Dance-Pop), November '11 (Mash-Ups), March '12 (Hip Hop) and November '12 (Castle Of Glass)
    and as a Runner-Up for: July '12 (Burn It Down) and October '12 (I'll Be Gone/Victimized/In My Remains).

Check out a whole host of awesome winners and runners-up right here: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/...ad.php?t=35375
    To follow more of my music, check out: http://soundcloud.com/m_macdonald

LPMeteorain
    There's some pretty cool elements to the remix, but no chance in hell it's remotely close to better than the original...Mike's voice is completely out of place with the song, but at least it's not as noticeably awkward in the fadeout...I like the opening minute and the unexpected slowdown to end the song...

For those saying better than the original (albeit very few of you)...jesus lol...I know we're all entitled to our opinions but...let's just say I'm glad those people aren't Rick Rubin or anyone else the band might actually listen to when it comes to their studio releases...if this was released as the album version of Burn it Down, saying "I wouldn't be happy" isn't even the right wording...

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CylockDNB View Post
    Guys, this remix is absolutely nothing special or interesting. It's just a 4-to-the-floor slowed down house beat with some cheesy synths behind it. It almost sounds like a demo of BID. Lol, I'm sorry but this is the worst official LP remix I have ever heard. I'll bet I can find 5 much better and interesting fan remixes on YouTube.
    THIS. That remix got boring real fast. Whoever made it looks like they spent about 10 minutes on it. Can't believe people actually paid for this. LOL.

Original BID>>>>>>>>>Remix BID
    Last edited by lilj4425; 06-02-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LPphilsfan15 View Post
    Mike PRODUCED the entire Reanimation, but he only made "P5Hng Me A*wy", "By_Myslf" and "Krwlng".
    I know this.

Mike paid people to do Reanimation and worked on 2 1/2 songs....a decade ago...with different people...for an album and not a special remix thingy.

There's just too many reasons why you shouldn't expect another Reanimation type song

Thread Information