Will LP still do ATS interludes/songs live?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Delicious Dave, May 28, 2012.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I missed Jornada and all of that stuff at their last two shows. I hope they don't ditch them for HT songs.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Songs, definitely. Interludes - I don't think so.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, I don't think they'll be using those segues in the live sets during this touring cycle. :" As much as I personally like them, I think the idea of dropping them for the "Living Things" shows is a good one.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
    JasonN

JasonN Well-Known Member

I love JDM and the interludes from A Thousand Suns. But...I personally think that the interludes made their shows more boring :( And I expect some songs to come back, such as When They Come For Me, or Wretches & Kings:shinado: They're rocking in every stage :headbang:

minuteforce

Well, that may well be part of the reason they haven't been used as of late, but, to me, it's more the fact that they were used as part of this theatricality that the band wanted during the "A Thousand Suns" shows, which isn't as appropriate for the shows promoting upcoming album.

I think the band want to simplify things a bit this time around and, of course, show audiences where they're at as musicians and performers; with things like the new "Waiting For The End" outro, you can see they're already switching some of the songs up to suit the vibe they're going for and trying to have a bit more fun. :)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The only two I see potentially sticking around are Empty Spaces (if they play WTCFM on this tour, Empty Spaces is more or less like Foreword is to Don't Stay - it's really short and more or less just the intro to WTCFM, so there's no real reason NOT to use it), and Fallout (if The Catalyst is used as an encore opener at some point).

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Pleasant surprises like With You aside, pretty much as the band goes on and makes more music, the more crowded their list of singles is gonna get. It's reaching the point where we're gonna start seeing bigger and bigger singles being dropped from the setlist, simply because there just isn't enough time for all of them. Non-singles from previous album cycles often get left in the dust as soon as the next album comes out, which makes sense as touring is basically promoting the latest album anyway. Interludes outside of their own album cycle? Not going to happen unless they're transition into other songs like the Octoman said.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Basically what everyone else has said. The ATS era is over, and with it, more than likely the interludes being played live.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

i dont think so cause before ATS wake was always played before given up know they just play given up so i think since it is a new tour they are going to have different interludes

Gabe Newell

Gabe Newell Banned

I will miss Numb's The Radiance outro.

TVTV

TVTV Active Member

I don't think they'll be bringing back the majority of ATS for a while. But I'm surprised that they dropped WTCFM and the full version of Iridescent.

minuteforce

I have a feeling "Iridescent" will be back before long. :) Not too sure about "When They Come For Me" but it's definitely possible.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I hope Iridescent stays as it is for a LONG time to come. The build-up in that medley is so beautiful and awesome. And the perfect way to keep the band's set lists with as little downtime as possible.

I also believe that interludes would only make the sets worse now. They take up time that would be otherwise be filled by more substantial songs. For example, the setlist they are currently playing is 22 songs with no interludes, whereas even the largest ATS sets didn't clock in with 20 full songs. Just my two cents.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

if we have MORE INTERLUDES then that means LESS SONGS... LESS INTERLUDES ---> MORE SONGS... that make sense.. the only thing to get ATS Songs go into the flow and vibe of today's shows is to improvise and experiment to make it interesting and crowd pleasing... The only set that caught my attention were they indeed experimented their songs during 2008-2009 touring cycles, where we got the ext. intros of the ff. NMS, WID, POA, Drum solos on BIO abd more.. as of today, SIB, With You, APMH WFTE, and the Medley were something on the top in terms of experimentation.. those were i would like to see.. and it made the songs more fresh and still interesting to hear.. if they could still REINVENT THEIR CLASSICS then INTERESTING would be the better term instead of BORING..