Beats Mixr?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by snailharvest, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Right, so by the title of the thread, you audiophiles can tell i'm not one of your kind, so don't go recommending other phones, i know that there are better cans than Beats for cheaper, but I really like them, and they're only for casual listening and soon I will use them for Remixing and Dj'ing...

So after loads of research and going to the shops today to try them on, I have decided out of all the beats models, I need the Mixr's, and thats what all the staff think too, they beat all the others...

Most reviews complained of them being tight, but i have a average, or bit smaller, sized head so I found them pretty comfy.

I need to make final decisions soon... So beats Mixr or Studio guys? Have any of you had experience with them, I like the Mixr's better, but is there any long-term cons or better things about the Studios I don't know about?

I need help pretty soon, so thanks for the answers in advance.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

No you came to the right place, what price range you looking at ?

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Yahoo! Answers FTW. #1 and #2.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

@Cradle, i've already said what headphones i'm looking at, sorry if i didn't make things clear. The Mixrs (Which I have decided to get are 220, the Studios are 280)

@Snackman, thanks! I'll get the Mixr's tried both on, Mixrs were much better :)

I know you said to not reccomend other headphones, but I have to say this because I used to own beats.

I took care of mine very well; I always put it in a case and treated it like a fragile vase. After only THREE months however, the cord started ripping. I didn't pull anything, ever. But it just started deteorating. This not only happened to me, but to my friends as well. Some of them had their headset ripped in half, etc. The build of the beats is terrible.

And there are headphones that sound like beats for half the price. Sure, they might not look as fancy, but keep in mind that in the long-term the sound is going to satisfy you more than the appearance. You're going to save a LOT of money this way, because there are brands such as Sennheiser or Pioneer that make better headphones for lower the price. The beats are basically decent headphones with fancy looks and EXTRA bass. Oh, and the beats aren't going to last very long.

In the end, it's really up to you. But as a former owner of the beats and other Monster products, I don't reccomended any of them. at all.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

This guy speaks truth. Senheisers aren't very bassy but the clarity is out of control. Beats, you're paying for a name

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Here are my personal thoughts on what you are bringing to the table. If you know that there are better for cheaper, than why not get the better ones for less money? That way you can stay frugal, and still get headphones with better sound, and a better structure overall. I currently own a pair of Sennheiser HD429s. They are about 80 dollars (50 for me because of some Amazon credit I had built up) and they sound really clear compared to other models of it's price range.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'd listen to the above three posts. It's your choice but if you want headphones that will break at unexpected times you can go with the Beats but if you want sturdy reliable phones go with something better but cheaper.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

The reason why I've remained away from this post was simply because of your tenacious dedication to beats. But as others have said, Beats are not the primary choice for best sound quality for a studio/DJ/mixing environment. I understand your desire to have the brand that's popular right now, but it is not worth it. In 15 years, Beats brand will most definitely not be as popular. Most likely, if you bought Beats, in 15 years your Beats will be broken. On the other hand, buying a higher quality more professional pair of headphones can last you decades. As previously mentioned, Sennheisers are a great open cans brand. However, in a DJing environment they are not the best choice due to their open designs that'll leak in external noise. On the other hand, the other "best" brand headphones out there is the Audio Technicas which are one of the very best brands for closed cans. I'd look into these two brands as they offer the best quality phones for the best price. Sony, Beyerdynamic, and various other brands are not worth the price or sound quality.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Ok, i listened to what you said, but these Beats are as sturdy as the Pro's and will not break as easy as the Solo's, which suck. I got the Beats anyway after trying them on and for me, they're perfect and I think they sound amazing. So thanks for the help guys.

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

You better link us some sick LP remixes :p

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

What the hell am I doing here? I plug in the headphones of my cellphone into my computer and I think it's awesome.:facepalm:

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Sorry, i don't get what you mean? :p

@Jason LOL!

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

When you said : and soon I will use them for Remixing and Dj'ing...

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Ahh, sure thing. Getting the decks and stuff next month :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.