Linkin Park live @ Rock Am Ring 2012: Live stream? (June 1st 2012)

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by witeken, May 27, 2012.

witeken

witeken Banned

Hi,

As you all probably know, 5 years after their previous concert, they will perform live at Rock Am ring for the 4th time. The concert is on Friday, 01. June 23:20–01:00 @ Seat Centerstage. I think RaR 2004 was their best concerts, but all concerts at RaR were great.

Yesterday (May 26th), I saw a live stream on youtube of the concert Rock in Rio and it was so exciting to see them live, instead of watching the concert a few years/months/days later (btw great concert, like alwayse, with Lies Greed Misery, Burn it down and a LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent medly).

So I thought that it would be great to see a live stream of the live performance at RaR.

All the info is welcome. Let us know if there will be a live stream, and, if so, where we'll can watch it.
    I'll post all the info that is posted underneath.

Thanks.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Welcome to LPA.. :awesome:

witeken

witeken Banned

Thanks! I discovered this site due to the Scavanger Hunt!

Alex Andronic

Alex Andronic Member

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I don't think it would be streamed.. Hell, I couldn't even find their last performance in full, but only a few songs.. (Was it 2007 I think?)

But if it happens, it would be AWESOME. Rock am Ring is one of the best festivals a band could dream of playing in and by the look of the setlist they are playing now, it would be SICK and a great souvenir to have the full show in proshot.

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

I don't know if the Rock am Ring concert will be streamed, but you can sure as hell expect a proshot recording of it. Linkin Park is one of the three big headliners of RaR, and the three headliners are always recorded completely. Like I said, streaming isn't confirmed but the RaR headliner concerts are always shown on tv completely, so you can expect a proshot LP concert.

I'm really excited for that, because Linkin Park has always been awesome at Rock am Ring, plus RaR recordings always have great mixing and sound quality. They will probably play a very similar set to the one they played at Rock in Rio, but that one had horrible mixing, so with their RaR performance we will have a proshot LP concert from this awesome era in great sound quality.

witeken

witeken Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gov0T5wPeA

Andreina

Is there a recording of the full 2007 concert? I've seen only a few songs..

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

No, all there is to their performance at RaR 2007 are the 30 minutes witeken posted, but that's because LP weren't headlining that one, so not the entire concert was broadcasted.

Andreina

Great then. I hope we get to see a full show this time! :D

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

i hope they record the whole show of rock am ring... might as well even make a DVD :awesome:

Andreina

It would be awesome, but I doubt they would record a DVD so early in the tour, since LT isn't out yet they haven't fitted more new songs other than BID and LGM, although the setlist as it is (from RiR and Pinkpop) is AMAZING.

I'd be happy with a proshot no matter how we get it :D

Alex Andronic

Alex Andronic Member

You're wrong. In 2007 they were headlining along with The Smashing Pumpkins and Die Toten Hosen. It was suppose that LP's performance will be live streamed, but Warner Bros. didn't let that happen. Not all the headliners are broadcasted, a good example is last year Kings Of Leon's performance as headliners didn't have any proshoot.
    Warner Bros decides what will be broadcasted, is not the band. Rock In Rio was live streamed, in my opinion, because the mixing of the broadcasting wasn't good at all (all sorts of annoying sounds that didn't make the performance sound good at all and you can say that Lies Greed Misery wasn't recorded properly). Instead Rock Am Ring mixing is the best a band/fan could wish for.

Arun1910

Well I don't see why it WONT be streamed. They are headliners now. If they dont get streamed then Warner have lost the plot.

Andreina

I really hope it would be streamed/filmed but I have my doubts because of the following:

A home band like Rammstein is OBVIOUSLY a headline when they play there, they played RaR 2010 (I think) and they were NOT completely filmed (I don't personally know about the stream), but it could've been a) The label didn't let them film or b) They were censored (as it usually happens sometimes with them).

So I don't think that being a headliner automatically grants the organizers the right to film/stream their full performances.

Arun1910

Well yeah its all down to Warner really.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Rammstein whole concert was streamed online and it was proshot... Hope LP would be streamed...

Andreina

Good to know! We might have a chance to see Linkin Park then, hopefully *crosses fingers*

TLC

TLC Well-Known Member

I'm excited about the concert tomorrow!