05.26.2012 - Lisbon, Portugal - Rock in Rio

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Tonight Linkin Park will play the first show of their international Summer Tour which will span 12 dates beginning in Lisbon, Portugal at the Rock in Rio Festival. The performance which will take place at the Parque da Bela Vista will be Linkin Park's 6th time playing in Portugal and 2nd time playing the Rock in Rio festival following a performance on June 6th, 2008.

The band are coming off an intimate LPU exclusive show in West Hollywood, CA at the House of Blues on May 18th, which was Linkin Park's first full show of 2012. The set was completely different to anything they've played before with a number of notable highlights including the first ever performance of TINFOIL which served as the show opener, followed by performances of Hybrid Theory classics With You, Runaway and Points of Authority which haven't been performed live since 2006, 2007 and 2009 respectively. They also included Somewhere I Belong, Blackout and a medley of Leave Out All the Rest, Shadow of the Day and Iridescent which was also a show first. Linkin Park also had a brand new intro to Waiting for the End, involving a verse from LIVING THINGS track UNTIL IT BREAKS. Arguably the highlight of the night was the inclusion of Beastie Boys' "Sabotage" during the Bleed It Out bridge.

It will be interesting to see how the band adopt this setlist for a festival crowd and whether or not it will be completely different. Will they continue to play the Hybrid theory tracks like With You and Runaway through the Summer Tour or was they played specifically for the House of Blues show? It will be a shame to see the band drop Sabotage during the BIO bridge, so hopefully we'll see that make a return over the Summer leg. With the release of LIES GREED MISERY on Thursday, it begs the question as to whether we'll see the live debut of the song tonight or at another date prior to LIVING THINGS' release June 26th. As these 12 dates are the last before the new album is released, it's probably the last time we will see some of the old classics performed for a while as Linkin Park will be heading out on the Honda Civic Tour in August where we can expect a good chunk of LIVING THINGS to be played and in turn, replace a number of songs in the set.

After this show the band will head to Landgraaf, Netherlands to play the Pinkpop Festival tomorrow, May 27th.

The whole show was supposed to be live streamed via the Rock in Rio YouTube channel but has since been removed from the schedule unfortunately so it doesn't look like this is happening any more. We'll let you know if anything changes.

UPDATE: @YTBRasil have confirmed Linkin Park will be live streaming their performance! They are back on the schedule and you can tune in below at the following times:

Linkin Park - Live at Rock In Rio

5:50PM BRT | 9:50PM BST ! 4:50PM EDT | 1:50PM PDT

UPDATE:
    Rock in Rio setlist has surfaced before the show. View it below.

Rock In Rio - Setlist

Be sure to discuss the show on the LPA Forums, let us know if you're going and feel free to send show updates and images to @LPAssociation during the show.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

I'm going, but I don't have internet on my phone D: I'll be working with Adam as the LPU Roadie For The Day, so I'll have a review about that in a couple of days or so. Will be happy to link you guys to it later :) I know some other people who are going and they have internet, so I'll tell them to update you guys during the show!

Denny

Denny @Jackethx

I really hope they keep the same set list, with the inclusion of LIES GREED MISERY.

It will also be interesting to see if they have a new stage set up... Something similar to the Billboard performance would be insane.

Hopefully, things will change with regards to the streaming and we can watch them.

Caniba

Caniba Well-Known Member

Lies Greed Misery would kill everybode live ... :awesome:

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

First thing I thought when I heard LIES GREED MISERY was how much of an awesome live song it would be. I'm optimistic. Even if we don't see it tonight I'm sure we'll see it at one of the Summer shows.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Can't wait for the setlist twitter updates!

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Omg that fucking sucks that it won't be streamed anymore. That was going to be the highlight of my weekend! So bummed :(

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Whooot?? :ohno: Was looking forward so hard to this Live Stream... :(

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

How long till it starts? =3

Caniba

Caniba Well-Known Member

Y no stream?? :O

Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

WTF why no live stream?!

that's just made me so sad right now....

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

Fuck it , was so much looking forward for tonight's stream... :(

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

It would be 10 hours from now but still. FUCK. Why give Limp Bizkit fucking air time and not LP?!

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

warner bros :(

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

I think it will be a similar setlist to the HOB + Lies Greed Misery

Sulfate

Sulfate Member

Now my weekend is ruined :(

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

To those that are attending, have a good time. Would be cool if it was live streamed, but I'm not sure I'd have time to watch it anyway. Plus, it's always better being there in person.

Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

:FUUUUUU:

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

A new setlist for this show has been confirmed by Pooch. He said on his Facebook "This is NOT the set for the other shows. Just something we did at HOB."

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yes, sadly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.