No Roads Left

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by One More Rob, May 22, 2012.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Hello there
    excuse me if this topic exist or should be posted somewhere else haven't written here in a long time
    can someone tell me if there is CD that has No Roads Left on it besides the MTM tour edition
    don't want to buy the CD a third time (got the standard an limited edition already) but also don't want to have a burned disc with the song on it (supporting the artist is what I like :awesome:) thx in advance

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

itunes album.

One More Rob

don't want to be rude but what I meant was is if there was a physical CD that i could buy besides the MTM tour edition that had the song on it and would not be one that I'd have to burn myself

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Why not buy the CD for the third time? I have three different editions of ATS.

One More Rob

well true, have certain copies of some albums as well multiple times (even though they are the same) so then this thread could be closed
    hope I didn't bug anyone too much

Woco21

Woco21 Nothing to see here...

Theres also the Japanese Tour Edition, but yeah all the Tour Editions are the only way you can get the song on CD.

TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

I think you should just calm down about No Roads Left oh my goodness.

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

Are you guys seriously buying the same album multiple times just so you can get one or more additional songs or a video or something? ಠ_ಠ I'm sorry, but buying the same album three times is insane. Even if you love an artist that much, but there are seriously better ways to spend money, like saving for a concert or something.

If I already bought an album and it turns out that there is another version with a bonus song or something, I just go ahead and pirate that song, or multiple songs, or just watch the bonus video on Youtube. Seriously. You already bought the album and thus supported the artist, do not buy the same freakin CD with the same songs on it just because it has some extra. Three times.

Sorry, I just think of all the other CDs and DVDs I could have bought with the money I didn't have, and you guys use that money to buy the same thing three times. What.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I do. I have every LP studio album twice except MTM (but I'll be getting Tour Edition) and I have three copies of a Rasmus album, all different. It really depends on every fan's point of view and considering if it's worthy or not, I think it is.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

If you want to support the band, pirate the songs and send the money straight to their home address.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I'll just toss coins on their front yawns. Then run from their dogs! :popcorn:

DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

Looks like the album is your only option.

Do you see what happened?

You had no roads left...

but one.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I see what you did there ^^

Here I thought this thread was going to involve intelligent discussion about how awesome No Roads Left is... :(

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Wow I guess I'm a wasteful spender since I have four versions of Hybrid Theory, 3 of which are exactly the same with 2 that were scratched so bad from normal wear that I needed to get a new one. One was the Special Edition of the album. Also, I have 3 versions of Meteora. Yes, Meteora. One stopped playing, one was stolen and the other was the Special Edition. I have 3 versions of Minutes To Midnight, soon to be 4. I have the regular, the Collector and the Super Fan editions. My regular version got into the grips of my almost 3 year old and was attacked with a pen, thus, I need a new one. I have the Special Edition of A Thousand Suns because I wanted the Meeting of a Thousand Suns. I will be getting the regular edition and the new edition that came with ATS+. I also have 2 Reanimation albums that are exactly the same. Also, I have 3 versions of Live In Texas because I found 3 different package styles. One Digipack, one Jewel, and one DVD version. I'm sure I am missing something here, but you get the point that I guess I need to talk with a financial advisor. :facepalm:

Also, I am going to their upcoming concert. I also have a mortgage and car payment. What ever shall I do!?

Last edited: May 23, 2012
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I love you Hybrid :lol:

And continuing that, basically, if we buy the same album a few times it's because we can and we are willing to, I don't think there's a fan around here who would deprive him-/herself of essencial things in order tu buy.

A few weeks back there was a discussion about the decision of the band not to release a CD/DVD package for LIVING THINGS, which made me and a few more users on here a bit disappointed because we were really looking forward to having that extra material. Others questioned our point of view (with a reasonable and valid argument) saying that why would we want to spend if they were going to release it for free anyway? And the answer was really that, some of us are *willing* to spend a few more bucks to have an album with a little extra material, nice and different artwork and other details.

Also there's the case that Hybrid mentioned, buying it again because of the CDs wearing off and scratching, which is something that personally doesn't happen to me because I don't play my original discs on CD players, I treat them a bit more like a collectible item (although I am not a hardcore collector, I'm a huge fan of breaking the cellophane :lol:) but it's still a real cause.

And going back on topic. A_Thousand_fans I think your question is in a bit of a dead end, because you want the song on a physical CD but you don't want to buy the album again, how is that even possible? No Roads Left is a bonus track from Minutes to Midnight and that's the only album you can find it on. I myself will buy MTM Tour Edition when I have the money, haven't done that yet because I've been covering other expenses and also I gave LIVING THINGS top priority so.. It'll have to wait for a bit.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

lol same... if i knew where they lived

especially with linkin park it is no problems buying the same album 2 or 3 times... like i know alot of people that did this but when ATS came i just loved the innovation of the black and white so i just got the CD and the one with the documentary. i know that there is more linkin park junkies out there that have been big time fans of LP since the beginning and those type of people really have an obsession with the little differences of the songs and when it comes to linkin park that is OK :awesome:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Do I have multiple copies of each album? Yes, with the exception of Hybrid Theory.
    Do I really need multiple copies of each album? No, not necessarily.
    Am I glad that I bought them? You are damn right I am.

From a collector's standpoint, it's nice to have multiple copies of the same album plus copies of singles from that album. Different variations of the same album tend to come at different times. So when I buy the original on release date, and see a few months later that a new version came out with bonus material, I really want to see what the new material is all about.
    Yes I can pirate the new material from *insert torrent site here* if I wanted to, but with quality issues, and just the fact that I like to have a physical copy of each version I can hold in my hand, I really just tend to go out and buy the new version of the album.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Honestly, it's alldpwn to opinions. People can buy multiple of an album if they want. If I was a millionaire I would buy all lp albums 5 times. But as now I would not buy an album more than once. I hardly ever have any money all the time because I don't have a job because I don't want to deal with hs and a job at the same time right now. But if I could would support LP more. I will buy Living Things but only once. I bought MTM off of iTunes and I have the ATS cd/DVD but only one version. Surprising I don't have Meteora physical cd even tho it's my favorite. I rarely bought CDs web I was younger and I don't buy many older CDs because CDs never go down in price and I'm always lookin Foward to CDs coming in the future. I only have ATS physical but I will buy Living Things physical but I will only buy 1 copy. If someone wants to buy more than one copy it's fine though. That's their descision.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I guess you'll just have to Bleed It Out, start diggin' in your pockets and just throw it away.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Wow, so many rich people on this site... but I'm not one of them.