No Roads Left

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by One More Rob, May 22, 2012.

Eventide

Eventide Banned

Awesome! I love having four copies of the same CD with slightly different artwork and one or two bonus tracks on each disc! That's amazing man. I feel where you're coming from. Like I have eight copies of Hybrid Theory because my one disc didn't work so seven more seemed about right, I have eleven copies of Meteora even though I hate it, I have seventeen copies of Reanimation including the DVD version, and I spent the 2,000 on the ATS Deluxe Edition.

I'll trade you one of my eight Minutes To Midnight's for one of yours. Mine has a very small fold in the corner and I need a fresh one. My buddies call me Tower Records.

Alright sarcasm aside, that is fucking out of hand. Nobody should tell you what you have and what you shouldn't, but you don't look like more of a fan by having numerous copies of the same album.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

People spend their money the way they want. If you support the band or artist, you'll buy their album. If not, most people just download it online. If someone wants to have different versions or multiple copies of an album, so be it. It doesn't hurt anyone. I think most of the people around here are rational enough to take care of their respective financial situations. For me, I consider myself a big fan of Linkin Park and I own a copy of every album with the only special edition being A Thousand Suns. No one claims to be a better or worse fan because of how much merch or albums or special editions you own, but it does show people may be more passionate in a way I'm not sure I could be.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

So I ran into a brick wall? .....ow *rubs nose*

Woco21

Woco21 Nothing to see here...

There is nothing wrong with having Extra copies at all, I mean I been a long time collector and fan and every piece has its own little significant meaning to me. If it wasn't for fans like us I doubt anything would get out (Demos, Pictures, etc.), I'm not greedy on that portion, I think everyone has a right as a fan to hear unreleased material and stuff.

Everyone decides how there money should be spent, but from a collectors point of view, I love it, its one of those hobbies that I love so much and supporting the band that defined Music for me. I don't regret it at all, but of course everyone has a different opinion towards the matter, but hearing it from someone else's perspective can be refreshing to the mind :D

Last edited: May 23, 2012
    Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:facepalm:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

My point about being condescending on how others spend their money. You've missed it. Also, I've never claimed to be any bigger of a fan than anyone else. Don't label me. Labels hurt. I've spent my money the way I wanted to spend it because I can. I've spent it because that's the way I wanted to spend it. No one should judge me for that. I like to collect things. It's called a hobby. It's fun. I love my collection. I collect things because I want them. I don't collect things to try and show everyone that my collection is bigger for an ego boost. I don't need an ego boost. #getthepictureitslikethat