Anyone use Dropbox or need one?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by HMTheGreatest, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    HMTheGreatest

HMTheGreatest Banned

Dropbox is an amazing storage utility, like a universal flashdrive. I have it hooked up to my iPhone/Desktop/laptop/buisness laptop, so that they can all acess the same pool of files. Some people use it for pirating, but all I have on there is my own music, so I wouldn't use it for that lol. I was wondering if anyone else uses it, or if you want one let me know so I can send you an invite, then I get more storage!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm certain you can sign up for Dropbox without needing an invitation. Otherwise, offering it as a download on Google Play or the Apple Store seems stupid, if you can't use it without having an invitation.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

He's offering this in order to get referral benefits, which is more free storage. You get more storage by getting your friends to sign up, but in the end the amount of storage isn't that much of a boost.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Already have it as well as Ubuntu One and other online storage services.

HMTheGreatest

HMTheGreatest Banned

Actually you can get 16 gigs of free space that way, id say thats pretty good! And Evernote is also a very useful app Ive been using for multiple platforms

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Oh, I see. That makes sense, then. I thought this was some sort of scam. :lol:

Jesse

It's definitely not a scam.

HMTheGreatest

HMTheGreatest Banned

I kind of paused before posting because of my low post count, but I've been around the LP community for awhile and I want some more space!

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

oh I thought it was like 2-5 gigs or something.

Yeah I would totally take this up, but I already have one. We could have like this set up where the newest person helps out the person before them, kinda like some forum game except with an actual benefit.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I use Dropbox already, but I hardly back anything up to it and mostly just use it t hotlink stuff for my signature on here :lol:

I use Google Drive much, much more. I love the UI, regardless of its lack of ability to hotlink. I also have 25 GB on SkyDrive, but who uses that?

Jesse

Doesn't the TOS basically grant copyright to Google and grant them ownership of all of your content? I think yes.

Dropbox lets you keep your copyright and your ownership. As do other web-storage lockers.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Yes, it does. It's not like I'm putting up naked pictures of myself or something, though. I think people get booty hurt over those types of things when they upload super personal stuff like that - uploading Photoshop templates that anyone could replicate without claiming mine as their own is hardly something to get upset about.

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

I use Google drive as well. Only useful for my school work so I'm not too worried about college papers about politics being ripped off by Google, they've got bigger fish to fry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.