05.18.2012 - West Hollywood, CA - House of Blues

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Friday May 18th will mark the first full live show for Linkin Park of 2012. The concert will take place in West Hollywood, CA at the House of Blues for an intimate crowd who managed to purchase tickets that sold out in record breaking time through the official Linkin Park fan club, Linkin Park Underground. Tickets were also given to Share To Earn winners and other competitions Linkin Park set up in the weeks prior to the show. This will be the third time Linkin Park have played the West Hollywood House of Blues venue, following performances as far back as March 4th, 2002 and most recently, May 18th, 2007 making this show exactly five years to the day since they played there last.

What can we expect from Linkin Park's first show of 2012? Linkin Park will be touring in support of their new album, LIVING THINGS, which is set for a release in the US June 26th. It's safe to assume that we won't hear much from the record in the shows prior to its release, but what you can expect is the band performing their new single, BURN IT DOWN. Linkin Park have already said that they will probably only play "one or two" tracks from LIVING THINGS during their Summer dates, so there is a chance we may get at least one more song performed live before the release, but we may have to wait until after May 25th, when the band plan to release a new track from their upcoming album to the participants of the Share To Earn initiative.

Of course, BURN IT DOWN won't come as a surprise, as it was performed for the very first time on May 16th in front of 100 people who were lucky enough to win passes through KROQ [FULL VIDEO of BURN IT DOWN at THIRD ENCORE]. The dress rehearsal which took place at Third Encore Rehearsal Studios in Burbank, Los Angeles, CA saw the band play a six song set, which included BURN IT DOWN and also Waiting For The End with a modified "Apache Intro" [Full Setlist]. This tells us that the band are going to keep experimenting with live intro's and outro's, making the upcoming tour just as creative as their A Thousand Suns World Tour from the previous two years.

Linkin Park's bassist Dave "Phoenix" Farrell may have unknowingly, or knowingly revealed some details about upcoming live setlists via an Instagram photo. The image suggests the band will be playing BURN IT DOWN as an opener to the encore and may be ending a set with Bleed It Out with a special "Beastie Boys bridge". It's awesome to see the band continue the addition of the extended BIO bridge, which in previous years saw the inclusion of fan favorite, No Roads Left amongst others.

Linkin Park have been rehearsing hard for their upcoming 2012 world tour, which officially kicks off at Rock in Rio Festival on May 26th in Lisbon, Portugal. A string of international festival Summer dates follow, eventually finishing in Saint Petersburg, Russia on June 14th. Linkin Park will then take a two month break before heading out for a full North American tour with Incubus and MuteMath as part of the Honda Civic Tour 2012 which spans a currently announced 20 dates across the US and Canada, eventually concluding on September 10th, 2012 [View All 2012 Tour Dates]. It's uncertain if Linkin Park will tour after the North American leg, but expect dates in either the United Kingdom, Australia, South America or Asia by the end of the year.

Following this show the band will play at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday May 20th from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV. The ceremony will be broadcast live on US TV station ABC at 8:00PM EST.

As this show is exclusively for LPU members and is in an intimate setting, the set will probably be shorter than that of an arena show, but these shows are normally the best kind of live shows and the band have a really fun time playing them, so it's definitely a good gig to be attending as a Linkin Park fan. Be sure to have a good time and feel free to tweet us your photos and setlist updates if you're attending. Also, discuss the show, let us know if you're going and arrange to meet other fans on the LPA Forums.

SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2]
    02. Faint (Extended Outro) [VIDEO]
    03. Papercut [VIDEO]
    04. With You (Extended Intro) [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2] [VIDEO 3]
    05. Runaway [VIDEO] [VIDEO CLIP]
    06. Given Up [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2] [VIDEO 3]
    07. Blackout [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2]
    08. Somewhere I Belong (Extended Intro) [VIDEO 1 - NEW INTRO]] [VIDEO 2] [VIDEO 3]
    09. New Divide [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2]
    10. Points Of Authority [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2] [VIDEO 3]
    11. Waiting For The End (w/ Apatches / UNTIL IT BREAKS Intro) [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2]
    12. Breaking The Habit [VIDEO]
    13. Leave Out All The Rest / Shadow Of The Day / Iridescent (Piano Medley) [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2]
    14. The Catalyst [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2] [VIDEO 3]
    15. What I've Done [VIDEO]
    16. Crawling [VIDEO]
    17. One Step Closer (Extended Outro) [VIDEO]
    -------
    18. BURN IT DOWN [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2] [VIDEO 3]
    19. In The End [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2]
    20. Numb [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2]
    21. Bleed It Out w/ Sabotage (Beastie Boys Cover) [VIDEO] [VIDEO 2] [VIDEO 3 - FULL] [VIDEO 4 - FULL]

Source: 520azcats | Kudrios | itzamarz | HybridIllusion | MrJQ23 | JSR070 | 76helpingdogs | WhoooooreHeeeey

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

I still can't believe I'm gonna see them live next week... Curious about tomorrow's show as well, wish I could go!

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Going to this, I was there the last time they played HOB too. woot woot. I wish I didn't have a fuckin cold though bleh.

Eventide

Eventide Banned

Apache Intro? Hmmm.

TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

I really hope there's a good quaility recording of some of the songs, especially Burn It Down. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us with another song off the album tomorrow. :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

To anyone who is going, feel free to add @lpassociation on your twitter and tweet us the setlist/images you take from the show. We'll be live updating our twitter all night.

chayand1

chayand1 Well-Known Member

Adiós to jornada del muerto? ):

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I hope not.

chayand1

chayand1 Well-Known Member

I really hope not too, but I think some songs of ATS will be out of the set, but I really expect that Im wrong, the interludes are incredible, and 'The Requiem' as the intro of the show is amazing..

skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

No M&G for the HOB show? Don't see any "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG M&G HAWTSAUZ" on LPU.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

iamsatan and jadesloth, MAKE US PROUD! :awesome:

Dragonfly

Dragonfly LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm going w/ my friend but won't be able to send anything due to not having internet on my phone. Hopefully I will upload some when I get home.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

you don't have to send updates but just saying you could always tweet from your phone the updates

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Go get 'em Dragonfly. :)

Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

what time will LP take the stage??

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I hope we get a nice pro recording of Burn It Down live....

Anyone who is going try to get a decent video of it!

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

I wanna see burn it down LIVE!

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Same here. :)

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Looking forward to a brand new setlist.

Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

what time dose tha band goin to take the stage???

how many hours left?

i'm freaking with no news today..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.