Burn it down VS The catalyst

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Star Scream, May 16, 2012.

?

Which song do you like more?

1. Burn It Down

20.6%
  2. The Catalyst

68.2%
  3. Too close to say

11.2%
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

It seems like BID is getting slaughtered here, seeing the votes, the "not even a competition" comments, and the "step backward" comments

Personnaly, I have to say I voted for The Catalyst because it's The Catalyst, aka one of my favorite LP songs.

Now, if it was BID against Robot Boy or The Messenger or Irridescent or songs like that, I would have definitely voted for BID!

That was my attempt at trying to protect that song :lol:

Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

To be fair, I don't think BID is a bad song. At all. I love it. It's probably the best new rock song out there right now. But for a Linkin Park song...it's not the best.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I'm gonna say The Catalyst just because it was so different from what they ever did in the past. The shock effect of The Catalyst (of it being that different) is what made it that good. Now, I love BID and it has a lot of very interesting sounds, it's well made but it's more like their old stuff in structure, which kinda gives it that 'been there' feeling.

Doesn't mean it's bad or anything but I prefer to be wow'ed and shocked over the familiar feeling that BID has.

That being said, I'm still looking forward to LT. I'm sure a lot of songs are gonna have this familiar feeling but the thing I'm looking forward to the most is seeing how well they mix "new LP' with "old LP" + I'm pretty sure something experimental will be on the album too.

RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

The Catalyst. I played it over 200 times and still get goosebumps dureing the "lift me up, let me go" part. I absolutly love this song and think this is the greatest song they have ever written. I don't say Burn It Down is bad, no I really do like it if not love it, but The Catalyst gives me a feeling that no other song gives me.
    So this poll is absolutly missleading.

The Catalyst > Burn It Down
    BUT both are great songs!

Schmo

Schmo Active Member

The Catalyst seems like a more full, epic song, while Burn It Down just sounds like a radio single with no big meaning. The Catalyst was the climax of a great album. Imo, it's much better than BID

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

the catalyst lyrics are by far superior than BID. even though i love BID, the catalyst is a step ahead.

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Agree with every word you said. To me, BID reminds me of how I felt when I heard SIB and Meteora. It's good but it lacks a certain energy and feels like a step back compared to the previous album. The Catalyst and ATS was brilliant and the picture of a band pushing themselves to be as great as they can be. BID is just a catchy song.

The Catalyst is art.
    Burn It Down is fart.

Naah I'm just kidding, partly.

eltoma90

eltoma90 Member

I was really surprised when I saw the results of the poll so far. I liked Burn it Down more than The Catalyst (both GREAT songs). I just cant stop hearing BID.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

New suit of armor indeed:

[​IMG]

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The Catalyst