View Poll Results: Which song do you like more?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burn It Down

23 21.10%
  • The Catalyst

74 67.89%
  • Too close to say

12 11.01%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    It seems like BID is getting slaughtered here, seeing the votes, the "not even a competition" comments, and the "step backward" comments

Personnaly, I have to say I voted for The Catalyst because it's The Catalyst, aka one of my favorite LP songs.

Now, if it was BID against Robot Boy or The Messenger or Irridescent or songs like that, I would have definitely voted for BID!

That was my attempt at trying to protect that song

To be fair, I don't think BID is a bad song. At all. I love it. It's probably the best new rock song out there right now. But for a Linkin Park song...it's not the best.

all hail the sassy pug-ape Decay's Avatar
    I'm gonna say The Catalyst just because it was so different from what they ever did in the past. The shock effect of The Catalyst (of it being that different) is what made it that good. Now, I love BID and it has a lot of very interesting sounds, it's well made but it's more like their old stuff in structure, which kinda gives it that 'been there' feeling.

Doesn't mean it's bad or anything but I prefer to be wow'ed and shocked over the familiar feeling that BID has.

That being said, I'm still looking forward to LT. I'm sure a lot of songs are gonna have this familiar feeling but the thing I'm looking forward to the most is seeing how well they mix "new LP' with "old LP" + I'm pretty sure something experimental will be on the album too.
    Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/D3cay_

Thanks for choosing me as runner up for LPA's MMU (May 2012, June 2013 and November 2013): The Raid Mashup: Lawless (Video)
    Skin To Bone Remix: Rust
    Where'd You Go Remix: Come Back

My Soundcloud profile: http://soundcloud.com/d3cay

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Liz: And stiff dicks

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    The Catalyst. I played it over 200 times and still get goosebumps dureing the "lift me up, let me go" part. I absolutly love this song and think this is the greatest song they have ever written. I don't say Burn It Down is bad, no I really do like it if not love it, but The Catalyst gives me a feeling that no other song gives me.
    So this poll is absolutly missleading.

The Catalyst > Burn It Down
    BUT both are great songs!

The Catalyst seems like a more full, epic song, while Burn It Down just sounds like a radio single with no big meaning. The Catalyst was the climax of a great album. Imo, it's much better than BID

Comin' at you from every side!!!! Arjun's Avatar
    the catalyst lyrics are by far superior than BID. even though i love BID, the catalyst is a step ahead.

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman2887 View Post
    This question is hilarious because the answer is painfully obvious.

The Catalyst was Linkin Park with a whole new suit of armor. It confirmed right out of the blocks that A Thousand Suns was going to be something really special. It was fearless, energetic, different and went against the grain. It explored different moods, sounds and dared to do things we rarely hear come from this band.

Burn It Down, while a fun song and I do enjoy it, is an old hat trick, but with a different hat. It's not as energetic, it's not as exciting and it makes me worry about Living Things. When I listen to it sometimes my mind flounders and I lose interest in the song. But whenever I hear The Catalyst it has my full attention all the way through.

I might go as far as to say The Catalyst is Linkin Park's greatest song-- How dare I? Even if it isn't, it's damn close and Burn It Down doesn't even scratch the paint that The Catalyst covers.

Agree with every word you said. To me, BID reminds me of how I felt when I heard SIB and Meteora. It's good but it lacks a certain energy and feels like a step back compared to the previous album. The Catalyst and ATS was brilliant and the picture of a band pushing themselves to be as great as they can be. BID is just a catchy song.

Makin' Money Before I Could Crawl. Money Maker Mike's Avatar
    The Catalyst is art.
    Burn It Down is fart.

Naah I'm just kidding, partly.
    I make money.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eycwtprdUOk/T-yCeb-XwZI/AAAAAAAAKdk/a0bLfecK3Sg/s1600/hqdefault.jpg

I said, "Mike, I'm coming for you, homie"
    Cause Mike's always got my back when I'm lonely
    And I always got his back when we fight
    I'm coming for you, Mike, Imma save your life

Krispy Kreme is my Best Friend.

Formerly known as Rebecca Black

I was really surprised when I saw the results of the poll so far. I liked Burn it Down more than The Catalyst (both GREAT songs). I just cant stop hearing BID.

This question is hilarious because the answer is painfully obvious.

The Catalyst was Linkin Park with a whole new suit of armor. It confirmed right out of the blocks that A Thousand Suns was going to be something really special. It was fearless, energetic, different and went against the grain. It explored different moods, sounds and dared to do things we rarely hear come from this band.

Burn It Down, while a fun song and I do enjoy it, is an old hat trick, but with a different hat. It's not as energetic, it's not as exciting and it makes me worry about Living Things. When I listen to it sometimes my mind flounders and I lose interest in the song. But whenever I hear The Catalyst it has my full attention all the way through.

I might go as far as to say The Catalyst is Linkin Park's greatest song-- How dare I? Even if it isn't, it's damn close and Burn It Down doesn't even scratch the paint that The Catalyst covers.
    New suit of armor indeed:

[something clever and funny] Filip's Avatar
    The Catalyst

Thread Information