Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Noisecreep: LIVING THINGS Album Review

Noisecreep had chance to listen to LIVING THINGS recently. Check out their review below:

This week, Noisecreep had the supreme pleasure of getting to listen to LIVING THINGS, sitting in NRG Recording Studios, the actual place where Linkin Park recorded it. In fact, as guitarist Brad Delson explained to us before having the album cranked up, the room where we sat in North Hollywood, Calif. is also where the band's first two albums, Hybrid Theory and Meteora, were recorded in 2000 and 2003, respectively.

Co-produced by Rick Rubin and Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda, the album is a take-no-prisoners, 37-minute blast and blitz of everything that has come to define this powerful band - from the dense, dark, layered vortex of keyboards to the powerful and often soaring choruses.

Clearly, LP remain a band to be reckoned with.

Comprised of 12 tracks, LIVING THINGS kicks off with "LOST IN THE ECHO," and it's clear from the first tease of feedback that the band is in stellar form. The big, dramatic washes of synth, the complex, but strangely accessible syncopated beats and blistering raps create a full-on "Linkin Park comfort level" that no doubt will not just appeal to longtime fans, but generate lots of younger listener buzz as well.

"IN MY REMAINS" features a military drum march as the backbone behind a truly thunderous melody, and as you may have heard, the single, "BURN IT DOWN" is classic Linkin Park - heavy, anthemic and made especially powerful by the California band's trademark wall of sound.

Other standout tracks include the hook-laden "I'LL BE GONE," which also feels like a single, the moody, mercurial "CASTLE OF GLASS," and the wildly intense "VICTIMIZED." This track in particular just scorches - and has an instant-classic feel.

The record overall is relentless - a never-ending assault of thick grooves, sinewy guitars, ethereal soundscapes, and looping rhythms.

One of the album's two ballads (the other being 'POWERLESS'), "UNTIL IT BREAKS," is a nice pause in the action; an evocative piece of melodic electronica that builds and cascades in an even more lush, layered production than the rest of the record. Rubin is clearly the right fit for the band and in particular seems to have worked well with Shinoda in capturing the band's classic sound, while also adding new layers of sonic richness to the mix.

LIVING THINGS clocks in at a brisk 37 minutes, perhaps leaving the listener wanting more - which is rarely a bad thing to do. But there is not one wasted second and it certainly satisfies. Based on Noisecreep's first listen, we are pretty certain this will be one of the most talked about (and played) albums of the summer. Powerful, hypnotic and thoroughly true to form, this is a brilliant, definitive collection that represents an important band at its peak - yet again.

Thank you, Linkin Park.
    Click HERE to read the full article.

Source: Noisecreep

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    Co-produced by Rick Rubin and Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda, the album is a take-no-prisoners, 37-minute blast and blitz of everything that has come to define this powerful band - from the dense, dark, layered vortex of keyboards to the powerful and often soaring choruses.
    37 minutes.
    16.01.2008 Hannover, Germany
    29.10.2010 Hamburg, Germany
    01.06.2012 Nürburgring, Germany

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Lost In The Echo= nu metelz is backs guys.

Victimized sounds like a I am gonna punch you in the face song.

I'm interested in hearing the experimental songs the most.
    Formerly known as Agent O

Holy moly, we're getting treated with news today!

Never Forget. Never Surrender. KillerUndies's Avatar
    Not one negative thing to say about this album yet.
    And as we walk out through the cords, into the webs
    Our blood thrashing to a different cask
    We will see a square to hold us all, that carries out all eagerness
    In light and in pastures, in sound and space
    In perspiration and in ache, in coil and blaze
    In respect and in futility, in peace and quality
    Everyone will claim their place, together.
    Eternally.

Another positive review. I have to say, I really enjoyed this review a lot more.

One more? Ask myself how many articles will come until the release.
    Good read, informative. Want to hear that shit now... Just can´t wait anymore!
    Last edited by Dekar; 05-11-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    Watch the documentaries Earthlings and Food, Inc.

I will put money on Tinfoil being an instrumental, like Cure For The Itch and Session.

If so, this album will TRULY hark back to the old days.

Why is nobody mentioning Skin To Bone and Tinfoil?

Quote Originally Posted by TheZlajaZlo View Post
    Why is nobody mentioning Skin To Bone and Tinfoil?
    Because they are both silent tracks

Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. minuteforce's Avatar
    Take heed, Rick Florino. ;"

Anyway, "37 minutes" is better than 36 ;P

What if I never even see you 'cause we're both on a stage?

This has been mentioned in more than half of the responses thus far, but damn...every single review has nothing but good things to say. Have we even seen one line of negativity so far?

Between LP's antics (puzzles, teaser tweets, etc) and these reviews, the wait is becoming more and more unbearable as each day goes by.
    My bloodtype is KRYLON - Technicolor Type-A

Today...I looked for a sign. With flames in my hands. A line in the sand between yours and mine.

If Tinfoil turns out to be an instrumental (which I strongly think it will, and thus is shorter, let's say about 2 minutes), that means the other track length's are longer than the average length of 37/12.

best regards.
    “We live in an age of reproduction. Most of what makes up our personal picture of the world we have never seen with our own eyes--or rather, we've seen it with our own eyes, but not on the spot: our knowledge comes to us from a distance, we are televiewers, telehearers, teleknowers.” (M.F.)

formerly known as formerly known.

ZOMGZ an extra minute!

SKIN TO BONE has been mentioned in a couple of articles. Nothing on TINFOIL yet though.

Proud Venezuelan LP fan. With adorable feet. Andreina's Avatar
    Wow.. This is awesome. It's amazing how we've managed to read stuff from many writers yet we haven't read a single negative thing about the album. It definitely looks good.

I mean, there could be disagreements depending on each individual's taste but there hasn't been any "buts" or "cons" on any of the stuff that has been written, which is very promising and makes me look forward to this album even more.

Everyday I am more glad that I preordered this album. They'll make me proud, and I can't wait to have it in my hands.

How long anymore before a leak? Too many people are starting to have it by hand.

Standing on the wall / Laughing at suns & guns Faint into Pieces's Avatar
    Just 6 more weeks... Just 6 more weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    How long anymore before a leak? Too many people are starting to have it by hand.
    no, not literally.

They had the chance to hear it in the studio. Security meassures are very strong, again.
    My guess for the leak: around the 15th of june.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prisoner View Post
    no, not literally.

They had the chance to hear it in the studio. Security meassures are very strong, again.
    My guess for the leak: around the 15th of june.
    I say between the 5th and 8th of June

Thread Information