Linkin Park Discuss LIVING THINGS with Rolling Stone Magazine

Discussion in 'News' started by Todd, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Mike Shinoda, Chester Bennington and producer Rick Rubin sat down with Rolling Stone to discuss LIVING THINGS. From the Hybrid Theory-esque sound of VICTIMIZED to the Bob Dylan inspired folk sound of ROADS UNTRAVELED, LIVING THINGS is shaping up to be a very diverse album. Read the article below for more details.

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/gallery/d/36803-3/051112-102514_lp-rollingstone.jpg[/thumb]

Pre-Order LIVING THINGS!

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

There it is. That's the kind of interview I was looking for. Look, they didn't mention the :toolbox:!

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Every single article is written with such a different perception of how the album sounds that I have no idea what to expect. And that, my friends, is exactly how I like it.

Geki

Geki >.

And my excitement just took a big downfall after reading this article... The artistdirect article got me all pumped up, but to read this, got me down in the dumps. I mean, I guess it isn't a bad review, but the music sounds a lot less strong and aggressive after reading this. I knew that a lot of the songs on this album started at almost folk music songs, that's what Chester said, but I didn't know to this degree. This article still says VICTIMIZED is heavy and aggressive, but nowhere near like what the article yesterday described it as. I guess MTM will still remain my favorite LP album. I still have high hopes for IN MY REMAINS, CASTLE OF GLASS and LIES GREED MISERY after reading this, still. As for VICTIMIZED, I was literally freaking out yesterday reading about it, and now I'm just like ''oh, I hope not ''aggressive'' like ATS, I want fucking aggressive like Qwerty, Don't Stay, Given Up, No More Sorrow, Condemned type shit.'' Meh.

RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

Haha. So, true. :D

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

So another article describes "Victimized" as "brutal" :*

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Cool!

...Florence Welch wants to do an album with brass in it!!

But nah seriously, it's good to hear a sensible interview with some new information, anticipation building :)

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, it was described as "Brutal headbangers + most agressive LP song in years". Doesn't that sound agressive? :huh:

Geki

Geki >.

I never liked Rolling Stone's articles on LP much, so I'm not going to pay much attention to this article. I have to remember, I am a die-hard crazy obsessed LP fan. So when a critic that probably doesn't like LP, let alone to the degree that I do, reviews the album, I have to keep in mind that we wouldn't even be anywhere near the same perspective if we were to both sit in a room together and listen to the album, then form opinions on it. As long as this album features Chester screaming, I will be content. There was a huge lack of aggressive vocals on ATS, and that's one of the things I love the most about LP. Mike aggressively rapping and Chester aggressively screaming/singing.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Look at Todd's 1337 news posting skillz.

minuteforce

Well, this article isn't, like, a scathing negative review of the new album or anything ;"

Last edited: May 11, 2012
    lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

:huh: Where in the world do you see Matt Diehl sounding negative in this article he wrote?

laura

laura Well-Known Member

I want to understand what is the truth my head is going crazy

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Awesome relaxin' article :cool:

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

So pretty much:

(Rolling Stones + Artist Direct)/2 = Somewhere near the accurate description of the album

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Good article.. I like reading this kind of stuff and right now I'm just focusing on finding matches between song descriptions, as long as they're consistent, I'm good with it, and so far I'm liking what I'm seeing.

So some complained yesterday about ArtistDirect being so "ass-kissing" with their review, and now others are like "Uh I don't like how this sounds anymore, it's not as intense as what I read yesterday" .. Come on, it doesn't have to be "OMG THIS RECORD IS THE BEST OF THE XXI CENTURY" to be a good review. In fact, I wouldn't consider this as a review, it's an article where they quoted a couple of band members after a little interview and a little bit of "first impression" from what they've heard so far.

And to the people who couldn't care less about articles, why do you bother reading them?

minuteforce

Yeah, definitely a much-needed counterpoint to that ARTITdirect piece :)

Exactly. :)

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Great read, I'm loving some of the descriptions we have gotten so far. Which is funny, seeing that I still really have NO idea what to expect.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'll be happy if these songs aren't exactly metal. I don't want the band to go back the same old road they did before. They've done it before, and the more I hear that they're introducing "weird stuff" into the mix, the more I get excited. Linkin Park are one of the few bands I listen to that dare to evolve/experiment, and I'd never want them to lose sight of that.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

All the people that are getting mad at this article are the type of people I like to pick on in the forums.

[​IMG]

Well-played, Rolling Stone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.