Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

LIVING THINGS Album Length to be 36 Minutes According to Warner Music Japan

Warner Music Japan have recently outed the LIVING THINGS album length as a total of 36 minutes, according to a write-up on the news section of the official Warner Music Japan site. Although this isn't confirmed or an indication of the individual track lengths, is this the first idea we have of the total length of Linkin Park's fifth studio album? Check out a very rough Google Translated version of the article below and discuss on the LPA Forums.

Linkin Park will release in Japan on June 27, the new album "Living Things". Album is finally completed, two days on May 1 and April 30, attracted media worldwide luxury hotel in West Hollywood, Sunset Marquis, unveiling the first time the new album, Linkin Park were interviewed. And, in between interviews, members surround the cake and champagne, celebrated the completion of the album. Now his new sound, yet, they are rebuilding the loud rock mixture that can be called the starting point is characterized by its own. Now, with a lead single, "Burn It Down" from the album have a big hit all over the world, the new album is in the fraction was condensed that 36 minutes, and 12 songs full of energy are packed.

Source: WMJ via LP Times | Snackman

Whaaat! I hope not, seems a bit short D:

fuck.
    ..the blood of innocence burning in the skies

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    If this is true, I am very dissapointed. Too short in my opinion. I would love to have a 60 - 70 minute album one day from LP.
    16.01.2008 Hannover, Germany
    29.10.2010 Hamburg, Germany
    01.06.2012 Nürburgring, Germany

That seems so short. If it's correct then it seems to be a similar length to HT and Meteora.

For all of you guys thinking about short album lengths:

Hybrid Theory: 37:52
    Meteora: 36:34
    Minutes to Midnight: 43:31
    A Thousand Suns: 47:56
    Living Things: 36:??

To me, I think this is good. ATS was really long but the songs were more dragged out and not very "in your face" like Meteora or Hybrid Theory. Chester said they wanted to make smaller songs that were more punchy so that their live shows didn't drag. I think 36 minutes is a nice length.

Linkin Park "Burn It Down" Live at Billboards HD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naY7gkiBD-s
    Wolflink on getting his copy of Living Things
    wolflink: i preordered through LPA so im screwed

Comin' at you from every side!!!! Arjun's Avatar
    its almost same meteora's length.

976-EVIL
    We can still get a lot of sonic impact within that time frame.

Still can't help but be a bit disappointed however.

Actually, now I think about it, fuck yes, shorter tracks (album) = less fucking around.
    we stood on the wall, we laughed at the sun

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    For everyone bitching, you need to remember that for at least 5 minutes of ATS' overall length it was interludes and bridge tracks. That means that this album is basically ATS without the interludes or The Catalyst. Take those songs out and then play everything and you have a good indicator of how long this album will be. We go through this every album cycle. 36 minutes is not a bad length. That's over half an hour.
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

Quote Originally Posted by Snackman View Post
    Actually, now I think about it, fuck yes, shorter tracks (album) = less fucking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek The Infamous View Post
    For everyone bitching, you need to remember that for at least 5 minutes of ATS' overall length it was interludes and bridge tracks. That means that this album is basically ATS without the interludes or The Catalyst. Take those songs out and then play everything and you have a good indicator of how long this album will be. We go through this every album cycle. 36 minutes is not a bad length. That's over half an hour.
    I won.

My perversion power is accumulating Pugnacious Baby Timmy's Avatar
    This would be easier to swallow if I didn't already dislike four minutes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    This.

Nice call

Quote Originally Posted by Arun1910 View Post
    For all of you guys thinking about short album lengths:

Hybrid Theory: 37:52
    Meteora: 36:34
    Minutes to Midnight: 43:31
    A Thousand Suns: 47:56
    Living Things: 36:??

To me, I think this is good. ATS was really long but the songs were more dragged out and not very "in your face" like Meteora or Hybrid Theory. Chester said they wanted to make smaller songs that were more punchy so that their live shows didn't drag. I think 36 minutes is a nice length.
    Yes, all albums are very short. Short, but great quality songs. Straight to the point. I just wish they would release a 60, 70 or 80 minute album some time. They changed a lot with the last albums, they tried out so much, why they stick always with this short album lenghts?

So, 36 minutes for an album that is coming out less then 2 years after A Thousand Suns and will be supported with a tour in the US with Incubus?

Hell, I'm fine with that!

Didn't we already know it was going to be a short, firecracker album? I'm not very surprised by this at all.

There's no reason to complain. Yes, I wish at some point they'd go the Dream Theater route and completely fill a CD or two, but it wouldn't mean shit if we got 90 minutes of mediocre crap. Quality over quantity.
    Check out my blog! New post here: http://hoppedonpop.com/2014/07/20/steampunk/

I'm a believer in the American Dream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwTDL25N4xg

I am not surpised at all.
    But 36 minutes sounds unrealistc to me with Burn It Down beeing nearly 4 minutes long. Having 12 full songs as the articel mentions would mean that most of the songs are under 3 minutes (12x3 = 36, but with Burn It Down 3:52..you know, what I am trying to say..). And Mike clearly said that the songs are in 3-4 Minutes range.

Truth.

Thread Information