View Poll Results: Does our generation really suck?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • No we don't. We're the same as other previous generations.

24 32.00%
  • In some areas, we've gotten particularly worse.

30 40.00%
  • Yes. We suck real bad man.

13 17.33%
  • MOOOOOO

8 10.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It is all pop music's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by deftonesfan867 View Post
    I was a good kid for the most part, although I did a lot of stupid shit as well.

Growing up in an inner city environment probably didn't help the latter.
    17 was the worse for me due to an unstable environment and emotionally abusive stepfather.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Of Neptune View Post
    It is all pop music's fault.

I hope you are kidding.

976-EVIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Of Neptune View Post
    It is all rap music's fault.
    FTFY.

I'm kidding folks don't get your panties in a twist.

It's all Linkin Park's fault. They made you guys miserable and now you can't have fun anymore.

976-EVIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    It's all Linkin Park's fault. They made you guys miserable and now you can't have fun anymore.
    /emobandmadekidsemo.

This totally felt like one of my parenting classes

My perversion power is accumulating babie boi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vriska View Post
    The old generation can just shove their rose colored nostalgia glasses on and ignore reason. Its not worth declaring one generation worse or better. That's so childish, and its probably to broad a group to be judging. And on what grounds, anyway? If you pick the right categories you could bias a post in such a way to make anybody of your choice look like the best.

It is worth considering the differences in sociology between the generations, though. Technology moves at a fast enough pace to make every generation's life experiences different than the last's, and its not true that the old ways necessarily stay relevant by the time their children reach their age. Your grandparents when they were kids might not have had refrigeration. Most people's parents here weren't wired to the entire world though the internet. People who hate change are gonna gripe no matter what.
    Yep.

I remember reading quotes dating back to ancient Greece of people bemoaning "kids these days," and it's shocking how similar the criticisms are from generation to generation. The kids were all lazy, disrespectful, etc.

Teenagers can be shitty. That's a fact of life that has always been true and probably always will be true. They're kids. Some of them are bound to be ignorant.
    Last edited by babie boi; 05-08-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Goodnight, Raggedy man. Pidgeon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deftonesfan867 View Post
    I'm talking about teenagers.

If I talked back or was disrespectful in any manner I was in deep trouble.

I understand that there's the whole "rebel" mentality at that age, but it has gotten worse over the years.

I go and visit Kelsey at her college every once in a while and it seems like every year the students have gotten louder and ruder.

Leaving trash everywhere, yelling at each other when their sitting right next to one another, pissing and moaning to her about the cafe's prices, not using please or thank you, moving the chairs and tables and not putting them back, etc.

Not saying every teenager/early 20 something is like that, but it seems like the number of them that do have proper manners and a good attitude when dealing with other members of society is quickly dwindling.
    Ok well I guess I was never rude like that. I had issues with authority but was never really rude like that. However, I am pretty loud and obnoxious

Trapped Inside This Octavarium Harlz's Avatar
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This opening riff makes me want to grow my hair out and cut the sleeves off my shirt

Up The Irons

Quote Originally Posted by Vriska View Post
    The old generation can just shove their rose colored nostalgia glasses on and ignore reason. Its not worth declaring one generation worse or better. That's so childish, and its probably to broad a group to be judging. And on what grounds, anyway? If you pick the right categories you could bias a post in such a way to make anybody of your choice look like the best.

It is worth considering the differences in sociology between the generations, though. Technology moves at a fast enough pace to make every generation's life experiences different than the last's, and its not true that the old ways necessarily stay relevant by the time their children reach their age. Your grandparents when they were kids might not have had refrigeration. Most people's parents here weren't wired to the entire world though the internet. People who hate change are gonna gripe no matter what.
    This.

But I would like to add our generation seems to be more tolerant. Tell my parents I'm an atheist and it's the end of the world. They'd probably disown me if I told them anything about my sexual tastes. Why would I, anyway?

Sure there are still a lot of intolerant fuckface young ones around to day, but I have to say it's to a less degree.

I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeon View Post
    It's so complacent, uncaring, unaware, and clique driven.
    What generation of kids ISN'T like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    - Xero the twenty-first
    3/29/12 - Was the groom in the first ever LPA marriage!

Formerly known as Xero21 Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by IISUPERXEROI View Post
    Mike is having the midlife crisis

Lol. I had this question in an English exam recently.

Sometimes I wish I were a teenager in the 70s or 80s, but hey, that's just me. I think there are positives and negatives to every generation.
    2013 Concerts:
    Imagine Dragons (Orlando House of Blues, 15 Feb 13)
    Imagine Dragons (St. Augustine Amp, 11 May 13)
    Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees, NKOTB (AMWAY Arena, 21 Jun 13)

The Original @LP2K12
    www.InkedUpMess.com

Makin' Money Before I Could Crawl. Money Maker Mike's Avatar
    I think the teens who are terrible behave worse each generation. There will always be the handful of people (like me) who are well-educated and behaved. But whenever I go to certain public places, I see some young people doing awful things. We never had a group of teens inserting vodka-filled tampons into their rectum or peer-pressuring/bullying to a whole new level. Especially when it comes to sexism, in many ways it's going reverse.

It's not just that either; these teens who make the whole generation look bad behave progressively worse too, when it comes to attitudes. It's pretty clear the many teens nowadays have attention span levels lower than a dog. Okay, that was a bit exxaserated, but you know what I mean.

I don't think our generation (the teens/young adults) are worse off than other generations. We never had a 12 year old starting up a succesful worldwide charity before, and other stuff like that. We've never had this many teens caring so much about the world since the 60's. But the gap between the good and the bad is significantly bigger than before.

EDIT: and wherever I go, they keep telling me that my music sucks. I disagree.
    I make money.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eycwtprdUOk/T-yCeb-XwZI/AAAAAAAAKdk/a0bLfecK3Sg/s1600/hqdefault.jpg

I said, "Mike, I'm coming for you, homie"
    Cause Mike's always got my back when I'm lonely
    And I always got his back when we fight
    I'm coming for you, Mike, Imma save your life

Krispy Kreme is my Best Friend.

Formerly known as Rebecca Black

Goodnight, Raggedy man. Pidgeon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Black View Post
    I think the teens who are terrible behave worse each generation. There will always be the handful of people (like me) who are well-educated and behaved. But whenever I go to certain public places, I see some young people doing awful things. We never had a group of teens inserting vodka-filled tampons into their rectum or peer-pressuring/bullying to a whole new level. Especially when it comes to sexism, in many ways it's going reverse.

It's not just that either; these teens who make the whole generation look bad behave progressively worse too, when it comes to attitudes. It's pretty clear the many teens nowadays have attention span levels lower than a dog. Okay, that was a bit exxaserated, but you know what I mean.

I don't think our generation (the teens/young adults) are worse off than other generations. We never had a 12 year old starting up a succesful worldwide charity before, and other stuff like that. We've never had this many teens caring so much about the world since the 60's. But the gap between the good and the bad is significantly bigger than before.

EDIT: and wherever I go, they keep telling me that my music sucks. I disagree.
    I couldn't agree more

I Can't Resolve This Empty Story Star Scream's Avatar
    this generation to me hasn't got smarter rather instead of education they laze on it and don't make society grow i know this cause at school the majority of people in the nicest way possible are really dumb
    ALL FOR NOTHING -

And no I'm not your soldier, I'm not taking any orders

I'm a five star general infantry controller, need a lesson, let me show you.

Have you checking your composure while I make you step to it like

Banned
    We are a fucked up generation.
    It's cloudy now.

Waiting for the OTHER end to come The Joesen One's Avatar
    We suck. Look at this forum. Instead of talking about our favorite band we talk about sex, we postwhore for the funz and we talk about deluxe packages and album lengths. And more sex.

FORMERLY KNOWN AS PHILSFAN

Makin' Money Before I Could Crawl. Money Maker Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LPphilsfan15 View Post
    We suck. Look at this forum. Instead of talking about our favorite band we talk about sex, we postwhore for the funz and we talk about deluxe packages and album lengths. And more sex.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by LPphilsfan15 View Post
    Well said, sir.

Thread Information