Banned

Is there a reason why Linkin Park haven't played Robot Boy live?

Will they ever play it live it's amazing. The electronic key solo at the end would sound awesome live. Do you think they will ever play it?

They said it was too complicated live, and would have too be a very stripped down version live.
    2013 Concerts:
    February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
    April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
    June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
    September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
    December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:
    February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
    September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
    September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
    October 13th- Empire! Empire!, Free Throw, Cave Sounds and Glencove. (The Underground, Mesa, AZ)
    Formerly known as Bliss / Dementia

I know they rehearsed it, but I think they didn't play it live because the harmonies between Mike, Chester, and probably Phoenix would be difficult. Also, LP takes a lot of pride in their live show, so maybe Robot Boy live didn't live up to their expectations.

It's their single most overproduced song. I can imagine there's not much of a demand for it, either. It's often cited as one of the weakest songs on ATS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackee Dammet View Post
    It's their single most overproduced song. I can imagine there's not much of a demand for it, either. It's often cited as one of the weakest songs on ATS.
    more accurate would be: It's often cited as one of the worst Linkin Park songs to be made ever

That's Somewhere I Belong.

Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    That's Somewhere I Belong.
    ask most people (not just fansites), and more people will like SIB than hate it. Robot Boy a lot of people dislike

Don't Stop Running
    People, please. This is ridiculous. We all know the title of "Worst Song Ever" rightfully belongs to Hit the Floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    People, please. This is ridiculous. We all know the title of "Worst Song Ever" rightfully belongs to Hit the Floor.
    THIS.

SIB may be in 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia View Post
    ask most people (not just fansites), and more people will like SIB than hate it. Robot Boy a lot of people dislike
    All a matter of taste. I personally would take Robot Boy over ANYTHING off meteora any day.

Bi Non-Binary Bitch
    I like Robot Boy, Somewhere I Belong, and Hit The Floor...

They probably haven't played Robot Boy live because they learned from their failed attempts at pulling off Hands Held High in a live setting. Too many vocal tracks, not enough people in the band who are strong enough singers to make it work.
    O o
    /Ż___________________________________
    |IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZER BLARRRRRGHHHH
    \_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter. Xero21's Avatar
    It probably just didn't sound that good. And it's not a single, so no need to push it if it isn't working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    - Xero the twenty-first
    3/29/12 - Was the groom in the first ever LPA marriage!

Formerly known as Xero21 Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by IISUPERXEROI View Post
    Mike is having the midlife crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia View Post
    more accurate would be: It's often cited as one of the worst Linkin Park songs to be made ever
    "overproduced" = yes, one of the worst songs = no.
    I'm sure LP figure out a way to perform this song live in an appropriate way, sooner or later. It belongs to the most creative songs.
    “We live in an age of reproduction. Most of what makes up our personal picture of the world we have never seen with our own eyes--or rather, we've seen it with our own eyes, but not on the spot: our knowledge comes to us from a distance, we are televiewers, telehearers, teleknowers.” (M.F.)

formerly known as formerly known.

Comin' at you from every side!!!! Arjun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Octogonapus View Post
    They probably haven't played Robot Boy live because they learned from their failed attempts at pulling off Hands Held High in a live setting. Too many vocal tracks, not enough people in the band who are strong enough singers to make it work.
    true

>.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Octogonapus View Post
    I actually personally loved HHH live. I saw it live in NH too in 2008, and it sounded amazing. Robot Boy has too much going on for it to be good live, every song on MTM is not electronically based like that, it was a rock record.

To me, you're all the same. You're guilty.
    As much as I like "Robot Boy," it's a song that struggles to stand on its own. It's heavily produced and probably a bit too complex for the band to replicate live to their standards, and probably wouldn't be the best song to play at a concert. I mean, I'd appreciate it if they did, but it wouldn't illicit the same response that a song like "Wretches and Kings" does or even "Waiting for the End."

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    They should steal Pendulum's live show technology. Problem solved.

can't shake the shock soun'wave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPOWitsCHRIS View Post
    They should steal Pendulum's live show technology. Problem solved.
    actually I'm quite suprised they haven't started using the MIDI guitar controllers that Pendulum use. they could probably pull off Robot boy with some of them and the vocal harmonies on triggers

Thread Information